I miss it

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 19th, 2007, 10:44 pm

mmm... sorry for maybe cutting the elegy air in this post, friends!!

. good news: there is still great poetry in litkicks!!
. maybe the I´ll-read-before-the-others-and-decide-and-take-my-time-to-let-posted-what-you-write it´s too much for my child and teen damage psycology under the dictadura, who knows!. But it can work for others or for me in other time.
. I was in the middle of two hard duelos and beggining the third one when I found the place. And I was really looking for a buddhist site, ja,ja!!!!!!!!! (I found a buddhist site, believe me!!!). I know we are somehow the past, but I don´t really want to be in an explicit way in THAT past again and again and again...!!!. And yeah, I wrote more then than now!!!
. Most of you were shocked as a society by atentados and the beggining of the war. Lot of energy trapped, really great that it flew somehow writing!!. Yeah, I know the war is still on...
. I knew nothing about the ciber world before 2003. Really nothing!!!. I imagine that to co-ordinate or something a site with a lot of members could be a hard work at some point. To say good by to a full time job sometimes is healthy!!
. For me writing always was something that comes and goes. Never knowing really at all why or what for. And I can´t say in the same way that I can say that I enjoy cooking, reading, singing or walking that I enjoy the writing process.
. Silence, conversation, writing, art and life can be a good quintento!! but, yes maybe we are acostumbrados to duets!!!

(6 am tomorrow, I have to sleep)

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 19th, 2007, 11:16 pm

If there is good poetry still at litkicks, I'm not really interested in finding it since I can't interact with it... and even if I could it, certainly not in the same way we used to interact. If they want to weigh each word and judge each post that's their prerogative but I don't understand people who want that type of judgement regarding their writings.

Arcadia -
though you post with mixed language (spanish/english) and some I don't understand because I don't speak spanish, I do know what you're saying about dueting... I'm really into getting inspired by others and what litkicks was to me when there was a litkicks (even though from what you say there still is, it's not the same)... what it was to me was the spontenaety of it.. the many online at once writing.

Izzy - I loved our interactions there and I've performed a poem I wrote mixing up your story with your friend's story and it turned out great!.. I know you know which piece I'm talking about...

I donno why I brought this up.. just reminiscing the other night and missing the dynamic of a past experience which has been over for a very long time.

bohonoto - I donno if "sold out" is the right verbiage since I doubt they're making any money but other than that, I agree with what you said.

and Mark... I'm so glad you've found cyber poetic friends and a new world opened up to you that way! I hope to see you soon! Just the other day was doing a search for real estate in Frederick! lol! No kidding!

Andeh - It's so good to see you here and yeah I agree.. an extended literary family we are... plus with quite a few additions ... many who come here never even heard of litkicks so all that is cool! And I agree about the rules and the stream of consciousness and all of what you said.

whitebird -
You are a beautiful person! And so very wise! Thank you, my friend!

Dave - we kick out the jams all the time and with a whole new spirit too so yeah, brotha! let's!

(sorry these replies were totally outa order from the order you guys posted but hey... there are no dots.... lol :))

love you all!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 19th, 2007, 11:35 pm

dotless or not, i hear you, dor.

the joy of spontaneity is what made litkicks a legendary place to be. It was exciting to click in and see the social blitzing.

Now it's:
write a poem.
wait for it to be 'allowed'.
read a poem.
wait for it to be 'authorized'.

the joy of spontaneity?
nope. gone. uh - uh.

Here at the Studio, a jam is a jam, and though we might both be writing at the same time, no one has to okay our words.

There's no jam when there has to be a write and then a pause not of my own volition. It's a long drawn out jam and to someone with attention challenges, it's not 'it'.

So, yeah, i have permission to participate in responding at the Kicks, but it's not a kick - it's a considered reply.

the energy is that of farmer vs. hunter. and i prefer to hunt for poetic stimulation rather than sit out and wait for the season to change.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 20th, 2007, 1:02 pm

doreen: sure is not the same, and I also agree with you that to be inspired by others is inevitable and great!!!. And I apreciate a lot the efforts you may make in order to descifrar my texts!! (for me to try to read yours is always a great time!!).

judih: hunter vs farmer energy!!, I liked that as an image a lot!!. I imagine possible titles "In the borders of a neolitic revolution", "was the neolitic really a revolution?", "to be a farmer: pros and cons", "why I still enjoy being a hunter". And yes, for me the allowed-authorization thing is also what we used to call here in an eighties teenager cronolect "a plomo".

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 20th, 2007, 1:40 pm

allowed-authorization thing is also what we used to call here in an eighties teenager cronolect "a plomo".
a plomo!
how bout a prolo r.d. (prolonged delay response )
or
prolord
hmmm - this is getting more dictatorial than i'd planned.
but associations do breed associations

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 20th, 2007, 1:56 pm

well.... let´s share a mate with the past!!

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 20th, 2007, 5:50 pm

jam on
the delay is not
jam
the delay is like death to
BEAT words
first thought is the best thought
is the religion and any other way
is not the WAY............
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Andeh

Find Myself Flowing

Post by Andeh » March 24th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Yes, off the subject, bohonato, I have heard that Nick song, it is great.

And this was a great thread, good to revisit the past but also to flow on into the future.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » March 24th, 2007, 9:13 pm

litkicks is a censorship machine.

narcististic implosion of levi's System.

it all went downhill when they started to lose ocus on the Beat Gen.

the Eat Generation has conquered allus.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 24th, 2007, 9:44 pm

judih wrote:Here at the Studio, a jam is a jam, and though we might both be writing at the same time, no one has to okay our words.

There's no jam when there has to be a write and then a pause not of my own volition. It's a long drawn out jam and to someone with attention challenges, it's not 'it'.

So, yeah, i have permission to participate in responding at the Kicks, but it's not a kick - it's a considered reply.

the energy is that of farmer vs. hunter. and i prefer to hunt for poetic stimulation rather than sit out and wait for the season to change.
well said, judih.

...not that i "jam" all that often, but when the spirit moves, the words should be allowed to flow in free exchange, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health.... jeez, I sound like I'm reciting wedding vows... anyway, y'know, l.k. still makes an impact... some amazing verse still emerges from behind the brooklyn curtain, but if anything its vitality and power could be even greater-- if anything, that power and vitality is blunted by the constant waiting for permission, especially on responses, which i've noticed can take up to a day and a half to finally get posted.... A JAM, that is not! Don't care for it much. Don't go there much.

knip

Post by knip » March 26th, 2007, 3:25 am

different isn't always bad, unless you're comparing

it's a big old internet out there...

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 26th, 2007, 5:37 pm

it sure is an immense cyberspacedom out there and I for one want more....more....more sites to write on ....the more BEAT the better.....
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

singlemalt

Post by singlemalt » March 27th, 2007, 10:02 am

oops
Last edited by singlemalt on March 27th, 2007, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

singlemalt

Post by singlemalt » March 27th, 2007, 10:17 am

the way i look at it is that litkicks went from a place that i couldn't wait to get to, to just another run of the mill blog.

it used to be so different from anything out there. it was a cool place to hang out, it moved fast, there were great people and great ideas racing by.

i still occasionally glance at it. but it is now just one of a dozen places i glance at. i spend no time there. it became corporate, sterile. i didn't understand what happened to litkicks then and i don't understand it now.

but really - i don't care anymore.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 27th, 2007, 12:32 pm

i think we all miss it, or simply don't care anymore, because l.k. turned into a bit of a dull self-parody in some ways, and not a particularly entertaining one, though not without its points of interest here and there. for the discussion segments, maybe iron-fisted type moderation isn't necessarily a bad idea. mayhaps. but a beat-inspired "action poetry" board with sluggish, heavy-handed "moderation"? hmmm... dunno... seems like a watered down cocktail to me...

from the "action poetry" board, i quote: "the essence of action poetry is speed and spontaneity and responsiveness to others in the room"... seems a bit of false advertising to me. i'm sorry, but that board, while it posts some fine verse at times, has about as much "speed" or "spontaneity" as a big ol' slimy pacific northwest green slug.

Return to “General Discussion”