Avatar feature enabled. Upload your photo if you want.

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Avatar feature enabled. Upload your photo if you want.

Post by Doreen Peri » November 11th, 2004, 10:23 pm

Hi all.

I just enabled the avatar feature for this bulletin board. An avatar can be a photo of you or an image which you'd like to appear by your name in your posts.

The image should be sized to no greater than 80 pixels X 80 pixels. There's a file size limitation of 6KB.

To upload an image which will appear on your posts, click Profile at the top of the page when you are logged in. Scroll down to the bottom of your profile and you will see the avatar area where you can browse your local drive to find the image you want to use.

Please make sure you size it correctly first. You can use any image manipulation application for this.

Looking forward to *seeing* you.

I also may soon install a generic avatar directory with images you can choose from. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do that.

I hope you like this feature. I figured most all bulletin boards have something similar and maybe it will personalize the experience some.

Feel free to use an art image or any other image you want (within reason, of course), instead of your photo.

Let me know what you think. And if you have any questions about this feature, please feel free to ask.

Thanks!
Last edited by Doreen Peri on November 16th, 2004, 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 13th, 2004, 6:23 am

I'm not sure how to do it....Can you make one for me out of one of these? I'll work on getting some better pictures....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/T ... 5f457c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/T ... c869bd.jpg

Don't do it if it's a big deal or anything. I know yere beezy with lots of stuff....
I'll be sending you a very very shamefully tardy email here in the next day or so....
H 8) :D

Lucy!

Hester

Post by Lucy! » November 13th, 2004, 1:54 pm

What you do is edit your pic on photobucket so that its no more than 80X80. One you are done with editing, there are three addresses under the pic, copy the one that says URL and paste it onto the avatar space on your studio 8 profile

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 13th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Hest - I'll go get your photo and add it here for you.

Lucy - I don't know how photobucket works as far as which link to click... I don't use the service, but you will need to resize the photo with a photo manipulation application. Let's do this... either email me the photo you want to use as an attachment or post a link here or email me a link to the photo... I'll resize it for you and put it up for you, OK?

:D

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”