Software Upgrade 12/21/2004 - Avatars missing

S8 events, our announcements & donate link.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Software Upgrade 12/21/2004 - Avatars missing

Post by Doreen Peri » December 22nd, 2004, 12:01 am

Hey you Gr8 In8 Cre8tors

I had to upgrade the software today because of some bizarre virus attacking phpbb sites.

As a result, the site was down for about 45 minutes (I think)... but now we're up and running so this is a good thing. Apologies if you hit never-neverland during that time. Just remember Wendy always tries to take care of the bad boys eventually. ;)

Anyway, all the avatars are gone as a result of the upgrade, it looks like. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will upload the avatars I have on my local drive. But I don't have very many. If I didn't initially upload yours for you, I don't have a copy of it, and you'll have to do it again yourself.

We'll see all of our faces again soon enough.....

Again, apologies.... Gotta keep on keepin' on.... Thanks to an email warning from a co-worker and also Stupid Bob's keen internet awareness and post on the boards, I knew I had to upgrade to avoid the virus attack which was wiping out phpbb's all day today all over the net.

At least we're still here!

Also, another note... I highly recommend HostM.com - our current host... they help me with every problem I encounter in a speedy, efficient, professional manner. Got a website to host? Try them. You won't be disappointed.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 22nd, 2004, 12:19 am

great doreen
thanks for averting what could have been all hell breaking loose (at the very least)

love
judih

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 22nd, 2004, 12:28 am

It was a mess for a while, judih. I got an email this morning from a co-worker because I use this same software for a work project. Unfortunately, I didn't quite understand the seriousness of it until SBob posted a similar warning and as soon as I saw that, this afternoon, I needed to follow through with the upgrade. I pushed the upgrade button (luckily the host has this software on their servers) and BOOM! ... the entire boards disappeared ... gone!

I'm such a non-techie... i had no idea what the error message meant so I had to contact them to help me out, which they did.

Anyway, temporary loss of avatars is a minor inconvenience and I'm glad we're back up and running.

Here's a link to the story about the virus attack on phpbb boards

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5500265.html

Looks like google averted it before it hit us anyway, maybe.
Love to you, too!

(how are the ears? better? thinking of your boy)

STUPID BOB

Post by STUPID BOB » December 22nd, 2004, 10:21 am

We'll see all of our faces again soon enough.....

doe-doe, I don't see me . . . an' you got's my mug on your machine. Did I die? Am I dead? If you find me, please magic me back.
Carpe Delirium

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 22nd, 2004, 1:13 pm

You're still here. I can see you, StupidBob.

You can't see you because I haven't had time to upload yer handsome face.

I have to go in and search individually for each user, then upload the files to the profiles one at a time. I'll get there soon enough.

Be patient with me.

I am fragile.

:D

Lucy!

hello dolly!

Post by Lucy! » December 22nd, 2004, 1:27 pm

I am glad you were forewarned of this virus- can you imagine the site crashing? :cry:

I got a chance to crop a picture of us at the Neptune Cafe in April that I wanted to put up on this site and live journal. I should be doing my work, but alas, I have entertained myself with this instead. As soon as im done with my Freud paper, I am FREE!!!
now back to work

love to you Doreen, you brilliant woman you
Lucy

Return to “Studio8 Announcements”