Poor George

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Poor George

Post by Lightning Rod » June 21st, 2008, 12:47 pm

http://www.katradio.com

Poor George
for release 06-21-08
Dallas, Tx
by Lightning Rod

You have to feel sorry for George Bush. Not only is he the lamest lame-duck president we've ever had but when you say his name, people just shake their heads. At this point in his administration, every time he makes a statement or faces the press, he looks like a guilty school kid trying to justify his bad behavior. The only audiences he dares to speak before are at military schools where the cadets are under orders to be there and applaud.

So, George is probably on a real bummer right now. Nobody likes him. He can't draw an audience half as big as a junior senator from Illinois. The White House is probably the loneliest place in the world these days. That's why George has been spending so much time abroad lately.

Even Republicans are looking at the ceiling like bored lovers and whispering to themselves, "this will be over soon."

The rats have been deserting the sinking ship in droves. Scott McClellan is trashing the administration in his book and before Congress. Even Karl Rove, who Bush called 'the architect' but I prefer to call 'the ventriloquist,' has debarked. Most of his other Texas cronies have jumped ship too. George must be feeling lonely. Laura is even flying in a separate jet.

I watched the Nixon debacle. I'm sure that the White House was pretty lonely then too. But even including Nixon, I can't think of a more universally unpopular president than Bush. It has finally dawned on the American public that they have accepted a leader who is inarticulate, incompetent, inflexible and willfully ignorant. And this is if you give him the benefit of the doubt.

Poor George.

What must it do to one's self-esteem to be called not only wrong but dishonest or incompetent as well? At this point in public discourse it is taken as gospel that the Bush administration has been comic at best and tragic at worst. Poor George is viewed worldwide as a buffoon who has been used by the corporate rapists who are really running the show. Halliburton and ExMo and British Petrol should all register as sex offenders. They rape somebody every time the hose comes out of a gas pump.

Six years ago, this writer stated what was only obvious, that the war in Iraq was an oil grab, a colonial war. This week my point was proven as the major oil companies sat down for the purpose of deciding how to divide the spoils. Dick Cheney is probably somewhere (undisclosed) laughing his wicked laugh and rubbing his palms together because the war, HIS war, has accomplished its purpose and his cronies in the oil companies and the drilling service companies will be fat for generations to come. Helluva job, Dickie.

The Poet's Eye doesn't see how U.S. Grant got his face on the fifty dollar bill. Before George Bush, he was probably the most incompetent president in our history. He failed at almost everything he attempted in life except warfare. He killed a lot of kids. His administration was rife with corruption and exploitation. He had no clue how to administer a government so he trusted others to do it for him and they were thieves. In the world of gamblers, fifty dollar bills are bad luck.

Yeah, George Bush must be feeling pretty low. Poor George. Let's cheer him up and put his What, Me Worry? face on the new fifty dollar bill.

"Poor George. He can't help it - he was born with a silver foot in his mouth."
Gov. Ann Richards, Democratic National Convention Address, Keynote Address - July 18, 1988
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » June 21st, 2008, 6:22 pm

Don't worry that old Son Of A Bush is going to end up on the gold dollar presidential coin series. So is there hope for him????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

what me worry?

Post by what me worry? » June 29th, 2008, 11:03 am

One consolidation,
he's going back to Texas!
Then he can resume his golf game.
ps Do they have golf courses in Paraguay?
He might run away.
[color=brown]I'm not a complete idiot! :roll: There's more than one way not to skin a cat :)[/color]

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 29th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Everything is happening exactly as it should.
Including all the corporate bullshit.

westcoast

Post by westcoast » June 29th, 2008, 8:47 pm

bingo!

~westie

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 4th, 2008, 2:11 am

I been thinking about this one for 2 weeks Clay got dam civil war always trips my trigger. Even though your post had little to do with it, it is all I can do to contain my urge to ramble on it. Did you know there is a Jeff Davis county in far west Texas. Most Texans I have met think of themselves as westerners not southerners. Most can't name that sixth flag over Texas. Not that that has anything to do with your post. Sorry I guess I lost my struggle with my urge to ramble, dam me.

Hard for me to feel unlucky when I got a fifty in my wallet. But Kennedy half dollars I can afford to be superstitious about. Really.
It is also hard for me to imagine Bush with any self-esteem issues.
one out of three Americans still think he is doing a bang up job.

Always a pleasure to read your column Clay. Thank you for your tolerance.

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”