The Poet's Eye Winks

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » November 1st, 2005, 3:02 pm

Roseanne Bar was famous ( and sometimes quoted) for her quip that the ideal man for her was the mind of Woody Allen in the body of Mel Gibson.

So, taking that one for a twenty-yard gain in the running game, I came up with:

The mind of Susan Sontag in the body of Jacqueline Bissett at thirty.

But which fantasy mind/ body combo would YOU favor? Hmmmmm?

OR, I suppose,

(for me, folks)

The mind of Diana Rigg ( at 60) in the body of Diana Rigg ( at 25).

Now I'm leaving this thread before I start going through my second childhood in front of everybody. And get deservedly bashed for my "male chauvinism" . . .

Thanks for the memories,

--Z
Last edited by Zlatko Waterman on November 1st, 2005, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 1st, 2005, 3:39 pm

ok Z,

I'll take the body of Katherin Denueve

and the mind of Janeane Garofalo

although her body ain't bad either
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 1st, 2005, 3:50 pm

I can't believe I'm wasting my time by posting on this thread again but at this point, it seems I have to (for some odd reason) but I will at least spare you posting photos of those on my list.

I still and always will have crushes on

Woody Allen (in Woody Allen's very own body no matter what age)
Steve Allen (alive)
Paul Simon (also in his own body at any age)
Brad Pitt (not only, obviously, because he's HOT, but also because he's one of the most brilliant character actors of our time)
Billy Joel (no need to elaborate... we had a fling at one time but don't tell because it wasn't in the tabloid news)
Joel Grey
Mikhail Baryshnikov
Groucho Marx (any age, his own body)
Cary Grant (at any age, alive, of course, in his own body)
Jimmy Stewart (same parenthetical statement as Cary)
Dave Barry (even though I've only seen a photo of his face, not his body)

and

Katherine Hepburn (the most beautiful, talented, feminine, assertive human being I have ever witnessed.... )

There are probably 100 or so more but I don't want to bore you.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 1st, 2005, 3:54 pm

Lightning Rod wrote:ok Z,

I'll take the body of Katherin Denueve

and the mind of Janeane Garofalo

although her body ain't bad either
Lightning Rod, if you had the body of Catherine Deneuve (with a C and an e at the end) and the mind of Janeane Garofalo, I'd have a crush on you, too, but I suggest, if that ever happened, that you shave your beard and mustache every now and again.

K&D

Post by K&D » November 1st, 2005, 3:57 pm

yeah i'd take Woody Allen mind and body no problem, but not at any age, he's starting to look pretty decrepid these days.....no offense to Woody Allen, just nature taking its course.

what about the mind of Noam Chomsky and the body of......george harrison in his 30's or 20's hell or 40's....
Blah!

K&D

Post by K&D » November 1st, 2005, 4:01 pm

oh yeah and to reply to cecil...theres nothing wrong with physical attraction, as a women though i think the best qualities in a man, the things i've always been attracted to are humor, heart and mind....i mean for me its really about what they did with themselves, which is why in some ways its easier for me to be attracted to slightly older men, like in there 30's because they have more direction.

also i think its a societal thing, women are considered a more beautiful form in our society then men....but i'm sure that wasn't always the case in other societies. i think the age things is societal too, men culturally value younger women right now and the tendency is for women culturally now to be attracted to slightly older men, this has not always been the case in other societies either.
Blah!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 1st, 2005, 4:40 pm

It is definitely a huge shame, K&D, that women in their 50's, 60's and 70's (and older!!!) are not considered sexy or attractive like men in their 50's, 60's and 70's (and older!!!)

Sad sad sad.

Hopefully one day this will change.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 1st, 2005, 5:45 pm

find in general, and maybe the men on the board will disagree, that men in general are more attracted to appearance then by other qualites where as women are often attracted to other qualities,
A woman's face that holds my attention more than any other part of her anatomy. My eyeballs are stoichastic
But they always seem to settle on her face. Hair also. I have a sister inlaw that had a flaming hair like the maine of a lion. It is gray now and she has cut it short, but it frames her face makes her look so youthful. I have another sister in law in her seventies that dyes her hair I am sure. If it works for her it works for me. Not for me to judge. I like letting my beard grow, because I try and look my age. No gray hair to speak of, in my vanity I think it makes me look young, so I show my gray beard to make sure I look my age. Also the idea of scraping a piece of steel across my face seems so futile. It just grows back

But I think time plays more tricks with a woman's appearance then men. Because men are more vain. We look in the mirror and see a young stud. Women see all too well.
I've held it all inward, Lord knows I've tried.
It's an awful awakening in a country boy's life.
To look in the mirror in total surprise,
At the hair on your shoulders and the age in your eyes.

Amanda, light of my life,
Fate should have made you a gentleman's wife.
Amanda, light of my life,
Fate should have made you a gentleman's wife.
These days I seem to have a fatal attraction for crones.

Gossips, Gorgons and Crones : The Fates of the Earth
Book Description
Gossips, Gorgons & Crones is the first comprehensive analysis of nuclear-age culture and the accompanying return of female Powers. Based in feminist, pre-patriarchal, and Native American philosophies, this book provides a biting critique of patriarchal practices, myths, and values, including family values.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 2?v=glance

I think jamelah stated pretty well when she said she was looking for a "Presence" that is what matters most, my eyeballs can Reconnoiter, no matter what she looks like, bottom line it is her presence that attracts me, her self awareness of the power of her sex. She can trade on her looks if she is beautiful, but she does not. Who can blame her if she does, after all it is still a man's world. Thinking about the woman who wrote Strip City.
Last edited by gypsyjoker on November 1st, 2005, 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

K&D

Post by K&D » November 1st, 2005, 5:57 pm

i agree dor....

got to go more latter.
Blah!

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 1st, 2005, 6:01 pm

http://www.virago.co.uk/virago/meet/bur ... CID=virago
What is your most treasured book?
A Closer Look at Ariel: A Memory of Sylvia Plath by Nancy Hunter Steiner. Ms. Steiner was Plath’s roommate during Plath’s first semester back at Smith following her nervous breakdown. The book chronicles their friendship. It’s a rather rare book, at least in the US, and my mother, a librarian, found it for me in the used-book sale at the library in which she worked. The glimpse it gives into the ‘real life’ of Plath as a young woman is fascinating. And quite dishy, frankly.
I have not read her book but I have read Nancy Hunter Steiner's book about Plath a few times, that is how I stumbled across this link.

going out on a tangent here getting off your subject I guess. Whose string is this anyway.
What does it matter? It is all gesture because I look at you all through the wrong end of a telescope you are all so far from me. Mars in Venus in the night sky/
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

K&D

Post by K&D » November 1st, 2005, 11:32 pm

what about Spaulding Gray? i bet he was an handfull though

actually the more i think about it i think of him more as a father figure, along with Warren Zevon....sort of like hansom old men who i think have a lot to offer the world...that list is fucking long, Allen Ginsberg, Lawrence Ferlighetti, Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Van Morrison and it goes on and on....
Blah!

K&D

Post by K&D » November 1st, 2005, 11:34 pm

he had a funny haircut when he was older. just an after thought. i remember when i first saw him, some video i thought he was a really cool guy, very firey. i thought i'd always be really firey but i've been mellowing out these days.
Blah!

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 3rd, 2005, 1:27 am

I love this article on Spalding Mon
Life, interrupted
A chance meeting on a nude beach with my literary hero, Spalding Gray, inspired me to write. I was never able to thank him.
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/0 ... ex_np.html
Free Rice

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”