Rules of Crime

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Rules of Crime

Post by Lightning Rod » November 15th, 2005, 12:12 pm

image from meredy.com
"Come and get me, copper."

The Rules of Crime
for release 11-16-05
Washington D.C.

When I went to prison, I decided to make it a learning experience. I was, after all, entering the great University of Crime. I expected to come out knowing how to pick a lock, forge a check, crack a safe, pull off an armed robbery, engineer a pyramid scheme, cook meth seven different ways and make book on football games.

Soon I realized the sad truth. Yes, this was much like a university. This was where the unsuccessful criminals lived. The successful criminals were all at large and had offices on the 47th floor of some office building downtown.

One of my criminal mentors was Uncle John. He was one of the senior members of the Lakewood Rats. He supervised dope shipments and the delivery of bribes and other such administrative matters as well as providing an ethical center point for the gang. Uncle John imparted to us the rules of crime, such wisdom as, "Ya don't steal from your friends, you get with your friends and steal from somebody else," and, "Never take a shit too close to your back door, the smell will blow back in," and most important, "If you wanna break the big rules, you can't break the little rules."

In other words, If you are going to be driving a hundred pounds of pot across town, you need to obey the traffic laws and have your inspection sticker up to date. If a cop stops you for a broken tail light, that opens the can of worms. Pretty soon he's in your trunk and the cuffs come out.

Politicians would do well to take Uncle John's advice. If you are going to accomplish really significant and profitable crimes like launching bogus invasions or heisting billions with 'tax reform' or health care and prescription drug scams, then you can't break the little rules like telling lies to a grand jury.

Nixon discovered this. And Clinton. And now BushCo is about to get the news.

It's the little infractions that will trip you up every time. Watergate wasn't about the break-in, it was about the cover-up and then the revelation of a culture of dirty tricks and deception in our White House. Clinton's impeachment wasn't about a head job, it was about politics. And the Plamegate affair is not about who told what to whom, it's about a culture of theft and deception and twisting of words that is festering in our Executive Branch.

Sure, the outing of Valerie Plame and the attendant lies to the grand jury are not the real issues, they are only the broken tail light. The real issues are much deeper, in the trunk of the car, the hundred pounds of Kansas dope that these idiots tried to sell us in order to justify their foreign adventures. You can smoke about six joints of Kansas reefer before you realize that it's not getting you high. It looks like pot and it smells like pot, but it's really only rope. It reminds me of our current regime. It looks like a government and it smells like a government but it's really a Trojan Horse full of thieves and power crazed imperialists.

But people are starting to see through the illusion. Elections are coming up. BushCo would do well to remember another of Uncle John's maxims: "Many times can you shear a sheep, but only one time can you skin him."

The Poet's Eye has a fleeting vision: A cop stops the presidential limo, "Mr. Bush, you have a broken tail light. Would you please step out of the car. May I look in your trunk?"

Well, six white horses that you did promise
Were fin'lly delivered down to the penitentiary
But to live outside the law, you must be honest
I know you always say that you agree
But where are you tonight, sweet Marie?

---Absolutely Sweet Marie--Dylan
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 16th, 2005, 11:44 am

I Fought The Law (and the Law Won)

by Bobby Fuller, 1965

Breaking rocks in the hot sun

I fought the law and the law won

I needed money cause I had None

I miss my baby and I feel so sad I guess my race is run

Well she's the best girl that I ever had

Robbing people with a six gun

I miss my baby and I miss fun

I miss my baby and I fell so sad I guess my race is run

Well she's the best girl that I ever had

Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 17th, 2005, 1:17 pm

"It's the little infractions that will trip you up every time. Watergate wasn't about the break-in, it was about the cover-up and then the revelation of a culture of dirty tricks and deception in our White House. Clinton's impeachment wasn't about a head job, it was about politics. And the Plamegate affair is not about who told what to whom, it's about a culture of theft and deception and twisting of words that is festering in our Executive Branch"

Interesting, even though at a macro-level I think it´s maybe a first world (or call it whatever you want) dynamic.
Some weeks ago, during a family-saturday-lunch and while doing TV zapping he told me about the CIAgate something like this: "es increíble que estas boludeces formales y no otras cosas más contundentes los desestabilicen". He left me thinking, yeah it sounds a bit wired from here.

thanks, poet-eye,

Arcadia

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 17th, 2005, 1:59 pm

arcadia, I think it is incredible too

like giving a parking ticket to the getaway car during a bank robbery

The Poet's Eye

iblieve

Post by iblieve » November 21st, 2005, 2:28 pm

You speak the truth with such a refreshing voice. I hope more of the truth comes out but right now the Bush spin machine is wagging its tail and shitting all over the truth. It's a goddamn shame when the only real information can be found on a comedy show spoofing the network news. I love the Daily show because behind every laugh is a piece of the truth. I look forward to more of your thoughts on politics and the Bush regime.
ibleive
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/iblieve/9e35dd63.gif[/img]
iblieve
DARC Poet's Society.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 21st, 2005, 3:37 pm

thank you for the compliment, iblieve

The Poet's Eye is for entertainment purposes only

The Poet's Eye

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”