House Negro

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

House Negro

Post by Lightning Rod » December 19th, 2005, 11:47 am

Special Edition

House Negro

for release 12-18-05
Washinton D.C.

If Thomas Jefferson was as arrogant as George Bush, I suppose he could have appointed Sally Hemmings as Secretary of State

Condi Rice's performance on Meet the Press on Sunday was a marvel. She invoked 9/11 no less than a dozen times and dutifully repeated every talking point in Karl Rove's grab bag of excuses for an unnecessary war and why 9/11 was carte blanche for any abuse foreign or domestic that the executive felt, or was told by god, was good, or at least advantageous. We can torture, we can lie, we can spy on our own citizens if the president, in his vast wisdom decides it should be so. He's just looking out for the safety and security of the American people.

Condi was being a good house negro.
There were two kinds of slaves, the house Negro and the field Negro. The house Negroes - they lived in the house with master, they dressed pretty good, they ate good because they ate his food - what he left. They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near the master; and they loved the master more than the master loved himself. They would give their life to save the master's house - quicker than the master would. If the master said, "We got a good house here," the house Negro would say, "Yeah, we got a good house here." Whenever the master said "we," he said "we." That's how you can tell a house Negro.

If the master's house caught on fire, the house Negro would fight harder to put the blaze out than the master would. If the master got sick, the house Negro would say, "What's the matter, boss, we sick?" We sick! He identified himself with his master, more than his master identified with himself. And if you came to the house Negro and said, "Let's run away, let's escape, let's separate," the house Negro would look at you and say, "Man, you crazy. What you mean, separate? Where is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than this? Where can I eat better food than this?" That was that house Negro. In those days he was called a "house nigger." And that's what we call them today, because we've still got some house niggers running around here.
--Malcom X
Rice is likely the most popular, visible member of this administration. It is not surprising that as BushCo circles the wagons in defense of their chicanery and failed policies and corruption, that they would send Condi out to Meet the Press as spokesman for the master. She sat there and tried with her best Oprah demeanor to sell the tired position that somehow the War on Terror and the war in Iraq have something to do with one another. Then, with mushroom clouds in her eyes, she invoked 9/11 a few more times by means of assuring the American people that it was perfectly OK for the National Security Agency to monitor their phone calls and emails. Massa says it's fo' yo' own good.

The only thing that sells better than fear is sex. That's why Condi is the perfect package. In her mock-dominatrix role as Secretary of State she endlessly stokes the coals of fear. Just listen to her talk dirty sometime. Put her in black spiked heel boots and she can convince you in a minute that terrorists are everywhere yapping like vicious dogs and just waiting to tear at the throat of America. This is the myth that BushCo has hung its hat upon for the past five years. It's starting to wear thin.

The American public is notoriously fickle. We get tired of hoola-hoops and eight track cassettes and Ashley Simpson very quickly. Sure, we'll go for the Maquerena or the Twist or pet rocks for a while, but soon we need a new thrill.

The War on Terror has lost it's thrill. Common sense is starting to rear its ugly head. The state of hyper-vigilance that this country has sustained since the spectacularly lucky and successful act of vandalism on 9/11 is beginning to become tepid. One or two of us have realized that if the combined forces of Al Queda and all the evil Islamic woman hating, freedom detesting terrorists in the world invaded this country, they couldn't take a city the size of Waxahatchie, Texas. Terrorism is a boogie man. Any vandal can do local damage, but that's no call to surrender our civil rights and underwrite imperial wars.

At the same time that Condi is on Meet the Press telling us that it's fine for the NSA to eavesdrop on our own citizens for purposes of national security, our country is being invaded from the South by millions of illegal immigrants per year. The Poet's Eye does not see this as a bad thing. We are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants are the sperm cells of our society. They work hard struggling toward the egg of the American dream. Today's doctors and judges and entrepreneurs are the children or grandchildren of immigrants. I wonder what the Mexican yard man could learn from the house nigger?

I saw cotton and I saw black
Tall white mansions and little shacks
Southern man, when will you pay them back?
--Neil Young

Southern Man (lr version)
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » December 19th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Condi Lice did her little impersonation of Mr. Bojangles and dance around the issue. Just wait until she finds a listening bug up her ass!!!! Then she won't be saying much about it!!!! Shouldn't she be the Secretary of Dominatrix State Of Control!!!! DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND KISS MY PRADA BOOTS!!!! He He!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » December 20th, 2005, 1:01 pm

In her mock-dominatrix role as Secretary of State she endlessly stokes the coals of fear. Just listen to her talk dirty sometime. Put her in black spiked heel boots and she can convince you in a minute.....
she be the Secretary of Dominatrix State Of Control!!!! DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND KISS MY PRADA BOOTS!!!! He He!!!!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”