Let Them Live on Fat

Commentary by Lightning Rod - RIP 2/6/2013
Forum rules
To honor our site members who are no longer with us.
Lightning Rod

Let Them Live on Fat

Post by Lightning Rod » March 24th, 2006, 12:40 pm

megafitness.net

Let Them Live on Fat
for release 03-24-06
Washington D.C.

The price of gasoline is pushing three dollars per gallon. We drive our fat SUVs to take our fat bodies to the gym to waste more energy on what? Exercise machines.

Leave it to Americans to devise machines that waste energy. We have treadmills and bicycles that don't move and rowing machines that don't float and ab crunchers and slim-flex motorized energy wasters that we pay money to use.

And we wonder why we have an energy crisis. There is no energy crisis. This is the Universe, friends, it's made of energy. What we have is an ingenuity crisis.

Think of all the ergs that are wasted every day in Bally's and Gold's gyms. You know, those places that we laughingly call 'health clubs' where you go and strap yourself to some machine that does nothing but burn your calories accomplishing no useful work but to provide customers for doctors specializing in athletic injuries.

Every time you step onto one of these expensive machines you are wasting energy, energy that could be used for some creative purpose other than burning the fat that you accumulated last night eating Hagen Daas in front of the television. Our learning curve is defined by the impression that our fat asses make in the cushy seats of our Hummers. We just don't seem to get it.

It's a disgrace, I know, but this might be the key to our salvation. This could be the resource that ends our dependence on foreign oil. Fat. Good old American french-fry fat.

The key is the exercise machines. We harness the power of the hard-working, overweight but patriotic American. Everywhere there is a treadmill, there is an oil well. We hook micro-generators up to every ab-cruncher and stationary bike in the land and feed it into the power grid. Every stair-stepper and treadmill can be a small Grande Coolie Dam. You walk five miles on the treadmill and bank enough energy to microwave your dinner that night and run your television long enough to watch Desperate Housewives.

Forget the North Slope of Alaska. Let's recognize Big Macs for the natural resource that they are. The more we Super-Size, the more fat we can burn off on the old power-flex and bring down the cost of electricity at the same time.

And keystrokes, we could harness those. One tenth of a watt for every click of your mouse. Every blink of an eye could generate energy instead of wasting it. I think we're on to something here.

Just think of it! Every Mickey D's, every Burger King and Wendy's is an energy source that can get us out of hock to the oil sheiks. Every Bally's or Gold's Gym is a potential nuclear power plant. We could get in shape and solve our energy problems and eat all the burgers and fries that we want. It's a win, win, win situation.

If Willie Nelson can run his tour bus on french-fry grease and corn liquor, this nation shouldn't be selling off it's assets to some Arab pawn shop to get it's daily fix of twenty-eight million barrels of imported oil.

And how about Storm Surge Generators? We could build them right on the levees and beaches and when massive hurricanes like Katrina roll through we could tap that huge free energy source. Until we turn global warming around we'll have nothing but bigger and more frequent hurricanes. The Poet's Eye spots a resource.

Death to every aristocrat
Out with the priests
Let them live on their FAT!
--Peter Weiss, from Marat/Sade
hear Lrod version here

to subscribe to The Poet's Eye:
http://studioeight.tv/LR/eyesubscribe.htm
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Ric

Fat stuff

Post by Ric » March 24th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Hmmm...
Hoka Hey

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » March 24th, 2006, 2:21 pm

oooooo oooooooo ooooooooo...

I think you're onto something mister

she said as she huffed and puffed on her steppersizer

I am the i in pig and in oink

I could power a small split-level on most days...

and a small city on the odd other!

Of course I'm lyin'

but this this idea of urine holds water

packs some powerful p tential

It's win win or

more correctly lose lose

8)

Count me in! Will I be paid?
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » March 24th, 2006, 3:20 pm

I need my fat fix!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » March 27th, 2006, 7:42 pm

The Progess of Human Civilization
A Fable

from small tribes form large organized hordes to fight and capture other humans;

enslave them so that you don't need to work, make them labor for you;

transition from save system to a 'free' labor system whereby the poor must work to provide plenty for the rich in exchange for scraps;

the rich become lazy and fat, but they don't wanna engage in labor, so they devise activities of diversion to expend their energy in leisure or 'exercise'; expensive work-out machines, personal trainers, fitness club memberships become class status symbols;

dieting becomes a fad; celebrities and their fans aspire to anorexic figures in mockery of the millions starving in famine-plagued countries in the Third World;

agriculture, the origin of massive ancient societies is transformed to agribusiness, factory farms; mad cow disease terrorizes the public, meanwhile bird-flu spreads;

civilzation collapses in exhaustion; the thinking animal is overtaken by the 'lower' species; the consuming-and-polluting animal, in a last outburst of destructiveness, blows up the world.

The End

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 28th, 2006, 6:01 am

You are definitely onto something Clay but someone may have beaten you to the punch.
Early next month, a villager in the mountainous jungles of northern Laos will climb onto a stationary bicycle hooked to a handmade, wireless computer and pedal his people into the digital age.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... N86676.DTL

the rich become lazy and fat,
I don't think so.

These days The rich become slim and sleek and the poor become fat. We have made great progress.
And it's yet another reason why certain sections of society suffer more obesity than others.

Not only do poor families eat worse food and exercise less than well-off families, they also lack the facilities, the knowledge and the support systems that would help them take care of their health.
http://www.ourcivilisation.com/diet/fastfood.htm

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » April 2nd, 2006, 5:00 pm

I'm going to check on the SONG. Didn't know you had a version of that one .... it's one of my favorites.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 2nd, 2006, 5:50 pm

Thanks Cat
I was so busy being witty that I missed the most important thing, the song. I love this. one

Return to “The Poet's Eye by Lightning Rod”