No I can't hide my lying eyes, can you?

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

No I can't hide my lying eyes, can you?

Post by stilltrucking » September 6th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Most people are mirrors, reflecting the moods and emotions of the times. Some people are windows, bringing light to bear on the dark corners where troubles fester. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.
-Sydney J. Harris

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 6th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Monsters from my own Id. I can not look at another human being and see anything worse than what I see in myself. I don't know what has saved me. The Grace of G-d? The luck of the drawl?

what a world

Every since I ran sleeper team with a combat veteran who could not watch slasher films I have not been able to watch them either. As if I have been there done that too.

Somewhere along the line I have found my way back to sanity. I think the LSD was therapeutic.

But it left me naked to the lidless eye.

With the batshit crazy blues.

I could use the Vial of Galadriel right now

or maybe some Monty Python

http://www.utterpants.co.uk/parody/mplotr/mpfotr13.htm

I am sitting in the drivers lounge watching a movie with a group of drivers male and female. It is a story about the army. A male officer rapes a woman soldier. And I say "Now he will have to kill her" Where the hell did that come from? I was writing some crazy fucking script in my head. I could not believe I said that.

I been thinking about something I heard about an enlightened being' sense of humor.

Hard to find any humor here.

I am only grateful for whatever it is that has saved me from the monsters from my Id.

I hate this. I mean the writing I am putting down now. Totally mindless.
Last edited by stilltrucking on September 6th, 2009, 10:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 6th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Nazz

Post by Nazz » September 7th, 2009, 2:41 am

Reminded me of a stray thought I tossed out last February. Had to hunt it down out of curiosity...
I worked in a glass shop for a while. It struck me, the truth of glass, how similar a window is to a mirror.
a fairly incomplete, undeveloped thought-- basically seeing into one another is like looking into a mirror, all quirks of wiring aside. Pretty simple-minded.

Sydney had a different take on mirror/glass, I see.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 7th, 2009, 2:53 am

Reminded me of a stray thought I tossed out last February. Had to hunt it down out of curiosity...

Quote:
I worked in a glass shop for a while. It struck me, the truth of glass, how similar a window is to a mirror.

a fairly incomplete, undeveloped thought-- basically seeing into one another is like looking into a mirror, all quirks of wiring aside. Pretty simple-minded.

Sydney had a different take on mirror/glass, I see.
Maybe incomplete but still very interesting. I had not thought about that. When we were kids my brother and me would play a game with mirrors we would take one off the wall and hold it in front of us and walk around as if we were walking into it. Lucky we did not bust our asses. Illuminara turned me onto Sydney back on litkicks.

thanks for reading Nazz and for the comment. I will sleep on it. Kind of an Escher thing for me now. I was struck a few months ago by how our eyes are mirrors. We can see our reflections on the surface of it when we look into a mirror. And I have thought about how it is like a seeing our reflection on the surface of a soap bubble. My existence feels as tenuous as the surface tension of a bubble.

I woke up with stray thoughts about George W. Bush. And a Santayana quote about the only dignity of man. I despise Bush. Does that give me or him any dignity? I remember a discussion with yabyum about N#zi Germany, if I was subjected to the same propaganda and not been a Jew, would I have succumbed to it too. yabyum was sure he would not have, I was not so sure. Given that I was born to folllow.

Must be a function of approaching senility. I want it all out of me, or at least I want to be aware of my own inhumanity. To know my own heart of darkness is there.
"there exists no higher court than man's red heart" sylvia plath

Saint and sinner, meekness and murder. good and evil even. damn... thank god for nietzsche.

"Perhaps man's only true dignity is his ability to despise himself."

Pol Pot, H#tler, Woodrow Wilson, Charlie Manson, Charles Taylor,
or
Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King, Ghandi,

one thing about humans
we are the same genus and species
but we come in such interesting varieties.

I look at the Great Pacific Garbage Patch larger than the state of Texas that is floating in the middle of the pacific ocean and I am proud to be an oakie from Muscogee usa.

I am going back to bed my head hurts.
This is what a hell of a headache looks like on a computer screen. Sorry

I am sure I will have something more uplifting to say later on.
How about this?

RE: the story about the blind turtle on the bottom of the ocean who surfaces every thousand years and just happens to put his thead through a hollow log floating somewhere on the surface, how rare that would be
"it is just that rare for a being to gain human birth. To be born with a precious human body is to be born with the perfect vehicle to attain realization"

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » November 7th, 2009, 5:25 am

I thought or I still think I deleted a post by Nazz. It was accidental I was in a fit of suicidal (figurative) despair and this compulsive scribbling I meant to delete all my posts again.

I think it was something about Fox news. Very sorry Mark, I was just going to delete my own posts not anyone elses.

Speaking of despair.
I am sure the recent killings at Ft Hood are going to be a boon for Fox. I can't bring myself to turn on a radio or TV these days.
free rice

I used to be smart

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”