Tookie Williams......

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Artguy

Post by Artguy » December 13th, 2005, 8:40 pm

This whole episode reminds me of Ginsberg's poem America. When we learn that murder is no solution to any crime....we ahve to stop wanting an eye for an eye or a tooth for a tooth.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » December 13th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Knip - very good reply! Can't disagree with your logic at all.

Bohonato - 'Tis indeed a peculiar statistic, but it is a reality the U.S. lives with daily. It's a path we've been on ever since our European roots took to the soil. The Bible may be good for the soul, but it's the bullet that protects the freedom. (example: We ain't leavin' Iraq until we have trained them to kill for their own freedom.) Yee hah! The Wild West is still alive and it's called the U.S.A.!!

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » December 14th, 2005, 5:05 am

Sunday Morning Slasher: Carl Eugene Watts has confessed to more than 80 murders of women in Texas, Michigan and Ontario, Canada, yet he was set to be paroled in 2006. How could this happen?
http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/watts.htm

Stanley denies those murders but admits to killing others. So guilt is not the issue for me. The nobel peace prize nominations don't mean much either. Anti death penalty opponents made the nomination. There are rumours that Williams was still running the gang from his cell.

There is a fellow named Cantu in texas, put on death row when he was 17. He was executed a few years later. Seems like there was a little boo boo and Texas is very sorry about the mistake. I shudder to think about how many innocent people are put on death row every year. As with suicide, no mistake is serious unless it is permanent. Given the corruption and incompetence in our society I don't trust the criminal justice system to make the life and death choice.

I always wondered about the term "devils advocate". Did they supply one for the heretic who was on trial for his life not sainthood

rest in peace stanley
free rice

I used to be smart

YABYUM

Post by YABYUM » December 14th, 2005, 7:39 am

this is me, Tinkerjack.....
snapping my fingers to your words.......
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 14th, 2005, 1:00 pm

yeah, good argument tinker!
I´m against pena de muerte but this is not enough.

Return to “General Discussion”