dawdling off to bohemia

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Glorious Amok

dawdling off to bohemia

Post by Glorious Amok » May 29th, 2005, 8:15 pm

tomorrow morning, myself and 30 other theatre history students are jetting off into south bohemia, more specifically czesky krumlov in the czech republic. we'll be there for just about a month, after which myself and my friend katherine are running away to london for another 6 days vacation.

here is a kick ass link for you to go drool over all the gorgeous bits of history i'll be taking in...

http://www.ckrumlov.cz/uk/i_index.htm

and in the interim, i strongly urge you to go over and check out my recent posting to the MUSIC board, there are some songs and videos there for your listening... ahem... pleasure.

à la prochaine, my loves.
"YOUR way is your only way." - jack kerouac

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » May 29th, 2005, 8:21 pm

bon voyage, mon ami
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 29th, 2005, 8:42 pm

http://www.ckrumlov.cz/uk/atlas/i_cmm.htm

the click on map is delightful!
bohemian rhapsody!

are you under another name
on the music board?
or am i not getting it?
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » May 29th, 2005, 9:59 pm

naw, jimbo, i'm under my usual moniker. it's "the wet spots" post, and their tunes are just too much fun to get out of my head today.

here's a link to a panoramic view of the theatre we'll be studying at in the cesky krumlov castle...

http://www.ckrumlov.cz/uk/zamek/5nadvori/i_hledis.htm

... it's the oldest still-operational baroque theatre in all of europe. i can't believe i'm going to be there in just 24 hours...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 29th, 2005, 10:22 pm

do it in style, gloriously.
best to you

judih

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » May 30th, 2005, 9:00 am

wow i'll have to try and find the castle on the interactive mapp, so i'll know how to find you. jimbolocorococo says go fer baroque!
on the interactive map,
http://www.ckrumlov.cz/uk/atlas/i_cmm.htm
the mouse rested over the various buildings lights up with the label of the different places, which can then be clicked onto and linked to details. rambling over the map shows the several streets, including one "HORNI" street leading into town from the lower right corner, leading into the heart of Bohemia? :oops:
Couldn't find the K Castle, tho. but the map allows for interesting studies like the island of buildings just below the central square, some really big buildings, in a row, with really cool address names, like "Náměstí Svornosti No. 8" , no.9, 10, and 11, all individually described, wow, a real open house town!
http://www.ckrumlov.cz/uk/mesto/objekt/i_nams8.htm
History of the House Residents :
This building was one of the first aristocratic buildings in the city. It belonged in the year 1510 to the former Rosenberg civil servant, Mikuláš from Pelhřimov. He then sold the building in 1521 to a businessman from Salzburg, Sebastian Weinnar, who came to Český Krumlov as a mining entrepreneur. In the year 1540 the building was bought by a German mining entrepreneur and about five years later was sold to Linhart Singerspiler, also known as Goldsadar, who was a gold appraiser and metallurgist. The building was in the hands of his relatives until 1598, when the last member of the family, gold examiner, Tobiáš Singeršpiler died of the plague. The building was then purchased by the Rosenberg accountant and later by Jan Nygrín of Švorcpach, who was the tax clerk and district administrator of the Český Krumlov nobility. It is documented that the building was used to brew and serve beer up until the year 1654. From the following year the brewery scribe lived here (from the brewery of today's Černá v Pošumaví), Tobiáš František Koller. The house belonged to the Koller family up until 1708.

Present Use :
Buffet Confectionery, Bed and Breakfast Krumlovská fontána
krumlov-reisen
Well, happy summer in Bohemia! London will seem like a fawg after that, but I trust you will make the scene! (You've already taken off by now, winging away!) and i'm digging the dusky voice of the dame, the guy is wearing a tux with shorts!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 30th, 2005, 3:57 pm

have a great viaje, glorious!.
Let us know about it!
saludos,

Arcadia

Glorious Amok

Post by Glorious Amok » June 12th, 2005, 6:52 am

half way thru, and i just spent an incredible weekend in prague, it trulz is a citz everzone must see before thez die, it§s mz favourite international citz i§ve visited so far. amaying people and sites to see, enormous high baroque churches and gothic architecture EVERZWHERE. went to another opera in the most breathstealing Rococo opera house called Statni for the opera Tosca. so inspired, so inspired, life changing events, directional formations, arrows sensed thru the fog, beacons to follow out onto mistz moors so much still to learn, so much still to explore, everzthing rushing past, never enough leisure, never enough time to absorb it all in, memories like snapshots captured in flashes, foreign kezboards with the z and y kezs switched around backward and never anz godforsaken punctuation...

good morning world11

i§m safe back in krumlov from the big, big citz, ezes brimming with ideas, bubbling over with hot absinth tea, teeth aching from the sugar, memorz card full of photos i need to upload somewhere, blaying on espresso for breakfast and white wine sprityers for lunch, feet semi=permanentlz curled from navigating the cobblestone streets but i can§t seem to stop just walking and walking...

seen so manz original art pieces, Egon Schiele art gallerz is here in Krumlov = google his stuff = and Alfonse Mucha in prague = his work zou will know right awaz =

still two weeks left in this bohemian heaven and next weekend is the festival of the rose where the whole citz shuts down for dancing in the street, everzone in heritage costume and live bands in the old town square.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » June 12th, 2005, 7:36 am

kari
it sounds incredibly full - you and your cobblestone feet have more to walk! more to feel!

a little reflexology if you get a chance to sit down - roll those czech toes!

thanx for writing - your apostrophes are quite exotic - enjoy it all

love
judih

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » June 12th, 2005, 10:28 am

wow, Glorious Amok for sure! Wanna see those photos when ya get back, enjoy! Your high ec·sta·sy is contagious! Go for baroque!
Last edited by jimboloco on June 12th, 2005, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 12th, 2005, 10:32 am

good to hear about you, glorious!
keep enjoying the viaje!
saludos,

Arcadia

Return to “General Discussion”