I miss it

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

I miss it

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2007, 12:30 am

Just did an online search and found some poetry I wrote at litkicks and the interactions between others.

What a beautiful place that was!

I really miss it.

I miss the poetry, the interactions, the inspirations...

not that we don't have something special here but the dynamic is totally different.

I rarely write any more... I just miss the spontaneity and the whole scene. Call me nostalgic. Whatever.

I used to be a writer. lol

one day i'll write again .. but believe me.. in order to do it, i need to get inspired by others so sue me... i love you all

here's a link just for fun
http://www.asheresque.com/BoardArchive/ ... ember.html

unfortunately, you can't follow the threads without hitting the back button and then find where you were before.. it's really not programmed well ... it's stupid.. i miss how it used to be...

that was a long time ago.. i know... can't live in the past.. just saying i miss it.. so big deal.. lol

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 17th, 2007, 1:00 am

yeah, those dots of levi's were fabulous - instant live jam and jammin with neighbours of the neighbours. It was a beautiful thing.
And who knew who was online? It was always a surprise. Who ever was on had just submitted a poem. It was a click/write/post reflex. Why? Because those dots were so appealing.

over at tribes, my jam site, it's okay, it's alright, but it's not got those dots.

Dots are magical little beings.
i'm telling you, dor, we need dots in our life. Can eyelidlessness program dots? Levi used to complain about how troublesome those dots were, and probably were responsible for that site going to 'blog'. But, yeah, the memories are somethin else.

Meanwhile, back at the Studio, we have Whitebird Sings bringing her '2 words and then 2 more' (in ~Go) and we're happy to 2 along.

We need more such innovations. The spirit is willing!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » March 17th, 2007, 1:38 am

oh! thanks,dor, for that.
That was the month when Levi issued his TOS cause of legal hassles. That was the month everything changed.

The freedom was gone and there was a cautionary era till we got used to the new structure.

But just look at those threads!
some inspired symphonies - others remained single comments in the room.

joyful nostalgia.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2007, 10:33 am

Yeah, I spent a good part of my night last night reminiscing.. reading the poetry and responses...

... look, I'll just put dots in my post here... does that help? lol ;)

What a time.. for sure. Probably it had something to do with where I was at at the time, too. And where you were at. And where everybody else who was there was at. I mean mentally, spiritually, and in a sense of a place in our writing era. Or something. I was writing every day... WAY more than I am now. Did that have something to do with the software? the inspiration of others? I donno but I miss it all. so much.

it's true we can never go back to anything in our lives but it sure is great to look back, reminisce, and all that and what a great idea you have, judih! to ask eyelidlessness if he can program something similar. In addition to what he's already working on, maybe he can make a "jam room" or something like that to look like this, work like this and dot like this.

I'm also thinking of an idea for our upcoming jam but i'll post the idea on the other thread in feedback.

i guess i get nostalgic when it comes times in my life that meant a great deal to me ... as we all do. But you're right. It was strange. One day, we are all free spirits, the next day there were word police and the day after that people were getting kicked off then pretty soon... POOF! it was gone! Sighhhh...

i really don't think they knew what they had.... or else they just didn't want it. sad.

but we can revel in how beautiful it was for the time it was!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2007, 10:37 am

oh and yes... great to see whitebird sings back and do a two word with her :)

and i wish i had time to stop by the tribes spot more often. I haven't been there in ages. Someone else invited me to gather.com which is similar and raves about the place. So many places... so little time... I just want to get more people in ONE place at the same time... any place would work. Writing! That's what i miss`!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 17th, 2007, 10:54 am

hola!, what dots?. I still see dots in litkicks when I hit to read sometimes. What I experience there now is some kind of -call it- tedious-burocracy-longdelay-banned tendency that I particularly didn´t enjoy. But it´s ok, everything changes. And it was good!.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 17th, 2007, 11:49 am

I went to utterances a few days ago
june 2002......WOW!!!!!!
my how the times have changed
all the energy....all the creative souls
that gathered there....and quality ones.....
let's have a Jammin' Jam this April Fools Day.......
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 17th, 2007, 11:51 am

Hey Mark!

Yeah we're planning a Jam from April 1 - 7th!

(for all us word jammin' fools! ;))

I'll send an announcement by email.

:)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 17th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Hi D......sounds great.....Were having a Raga Celtic Delta Blues Band Cd release event at Minas Gallery in Baltimore on the 1st from 4-6 pm info @ www.poetryinbaltimore.com I'll definitely be jammin with you all as much as I can....ya know how I love to jam...I'm also having a wire sculpture show here in Frederick that opens the 7th of April at the Downtime coffee house a few doors up from my new studio in the heart of town......should be a great day here.....they have a 1st saturday art walk about the town which is quite awesome if the one in March is an indication..
wanna see you and clay real soon......mark

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » March 17th, 2007, 1:47 pm

...I came along too late to be able to share in the memories so many of you have of that place. But as I read your words I share your happy moments, and I shed tears with you for what was lost. I know things change, but why do they have to change the way they do? Why does there have to be pain and loss? ...the answer that I give myself is that we would never move on and build more and better unless what we have is taken away. ...beginnings and endings and new beginnings. Loss and the pain that comes with it, the need to rebuild and the fears that come with it... are everywhere in our lives. I'm sorry that the rigorously beautiful boisterous sparks that thrilled you are not here -- but from what I know of all of you, those sparks do exist within you. From what I know of you, you are all sparking here and there and everywhere -- using your beautiful frenetic energies in so many ways, in so many directions in your daily lives... I MEAN THIS -- you ALL inspire me! This place continues, even in those times when all of us are distracted by what life presents us with, hits us with... perhaps it's not always operating at the level of ectasy... but honestly, what I need most is just to know you're here AND out there continuing to create... I love this place of heart. I love each of you and your artistic souls!

so it is.
wb

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » March 18th, 2007, 6:52 am

Hmmmmm a good thing going at one time now no more. Let's keep that spirit going strong here!!!! As the MC5 would say "KICK OUT THE JAMS"!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andeh

Writing Family

Post by Andeh » March 18th, 2007, 10:29 pm

A fun thing I have been doing is reading of the old LK "Stories" board, reading of stories of members known and not known. I wish I could still respond to the stories, and wonder what has become of several old people I used to chat with. But in same I am very glad this site exists. A continuance of an extended literary family. I like to see how we evolve and change with our writing. And I too do not write as much as I used to, and I actually forced myself to take some writing classes in school to see what this thing "correct grammar" is about so hopefully when I do write the stream of consciousness isn't crazy. But maybe it still is. Fun to write without rules- I guess I've changed a little..

bohonato

Post by bohonato » March 19th, 2007, 12:16 am

Off topic, but . . . Nick Cave eating a sandwich in a cafe! Have you heard his collab with Kylie Minogue, Where the Wild Roses Grow? I'm kind of a fan of it.

And about LitKicks, well, in my opinion they sold out. I mean, yeah, its their place, they can do what they want, but complete turn around on their supposed beliefs. When I first discovered it, it was great. But then they decided that instead of having community discussions, it would be really great to have a question and answer session, the answers of which they would judge the merits of and edit. I found the whole new set up patronizing and irksome. Seriously, I wasn't going there to do my journal exercises I hated in my english class. And their hypocrisy, well, besides their alledged reverence for the beat generation, I would like to quote the following from the 24 hour Poetry Party ad:

We don't believe in writing experience. If you can talk, you can write.

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » March 19th, 2007, 8:36 pm

if you add up all the new turn ons....new sites i now visit and new experiences with even more writers out here in cyber space...i'd have to say a big thanks to brooklyn and the gang......the lull at litkick me go on an amazing voyage of cyber space discovery.........my writing ship is continually finding new surprises out here where we are stoned immaculate......

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » March 19th, 2007, 9:14 pm

God I am so with you, D! When litkicks was around notebooks filled up quicker than I could buy them. I was bursting with poetry and ideas and critiques. I feel as though I have lost the sense of myself as a writer, and that makes me very depressed. There are still certain things within me that I know are of the writer's spirit, but as far as creating things, I haven't had the talent for it as of late. I miss being a writer too. It's great what we're doing here on Studio Eight, and just keeping in touch with you guys is the best, but I do miss the everyday sensations of being a genuine writer, doing what I loved b/c I loved it, and being surrounded by a horde of people doing the same thing... all the while inspiring one another, sharing ideas and having fun. We had created our own little literary world!! I'm wondering what's happened to me since then that has taken that passion away.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Return to “General Discussion”