Have you noticed?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
stilltrucking

Have you noticed?

Post by stilltrucking » December 16th, 2008, 8:12 pm

How many of President Elect Obama's appointees are people who have been complicit in the war in Iraq and in our economic woes. I believe he will inspire them to do better. That is the audacity of my hope.

UMBERTO UMBERTO

Post by UMBERTO UMBERTO » December 17th, 2008, 3:01 pm

. . . and the audacity of co-operation with the "Corporate Powers That Be" . . .

I'm on his side until he starts to resemble BUSHKO . . .

( which I hope won't/ don't think will happen . . .)

UU

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 17th, 2008, 5:11 pm

The only thing he has in common with Bush is that they are both Christians. Or so they say. But I have no fear of him being another Bush.

His daughters going to attend a Quaker school in DC. I heard he and his wife are looking for a church to attend. I wish he would check out that Washington Quaker silent meeting for worship.

Oh well as the Reverend Wright said about politics and politicians having to say what they have to say... I am not that keen on the corn ethanol fuel thing. His pick for Secretary of Agriculture was a political necessity I suppose.

And the treasury secretary is, hell I guess everybody is a Wall Street insider these days.

I will eventually get over Hillary and Biden's vote for the war. I just hope she does her homework. And reads those boring NIE's. Christz Dr Candy Rice did not even read the five-page summary I have heard.

I still wonder why I have not read about any European contries threatening Iran with military force. Maybe I am just not well informed.

I think Obama will keep them all in line. Such a pleasure to listen to his press conferences. The man is cool he can think on his feet.

Thanks for the comment professor UU

Return to “General Discussion”