Internet observation(s), admission

Go ahead. Talk about it.
XPress

Post by XPress » March 10th, 2009, 4:20 pm

tonyc wrote:Look , you boys brough up why don't I be a nice "singing, dancing, regular guy"
And that equates to numerous homosexual refrences how?
I merely commented that sounds queer...
Amongst other refrences about sexuality, all of which are irrelevant, in relation to the statement, about being a regular guy, but hey, keep twisting.
You really need to quit, trust me, you're digging a hole you can't climb out of.
Tony, you're the one out of your depth, and that should bother you given my age.
Last edited by XPress on March 10th, 2009, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 10th, 2009, 4:20 pm

XPress said
I did say I'd made my last comment, and here I am again... (which does bring back into focus the earlier point about when to leave a thread lol), but I'm sorry Doreen, I just can't see homophobic comments, and lying about people, for example, as labeling someone as being 'against' him.
I didn't say he was labeling people as being "against him." What I said was he was labeling people as being against his cause. Without even reading what you guys wrote, it seems like to me, he started calling people Bush Lovers or something like that. That's what started off the conflict... because people were saying "no, you're wrong, we aren't Bush lovers" (me included) but he continued it.

As for the homophobia ... again, I didn't read the whole thread.... but what I saw was all of you making fun of how some guys call each other gay just to piss each other off and I thought you all were doing it and joking around about it.

What I see is several days worth of arguing without getting anywhere ... some rudeness and name calling.... add all that into the emotionalism of a heated subject that people DO care about, and it creates a mess.

*shrug* ... just sayin'.... wish everybody could be nice to each other .......

Gotta get back to work again.

Have a good one!

XPress

Post by XPress » March 10th, 2009, 4:26 pm

doreen peri wrote: As for the homophobia ... again, I didn't read the whole thread.... but what I saw was all of you making fun of how some guys call each other gay just to piss each other off and I thought you all were doing it and joking around about it.

Nope, several deliberate comments, questioning peoples sexuality, which didn't bother me personally, because I'm quite happy with my sexuality, but it does bother me that some people still think sexuality is a worthy basis for an insult, like somehow being homosexual, or hetrosexual makes a person, weak, or feeble minded.

It's a very ignorant stereotype, and I don't think one that can ever really be justified.

I do agree that Tony lost it, and on that basis probably lashed out in a way that might not represent his views, but none the less the comments were offensive.

It's sort of like the non-racist, losing a fight, who resorts to calling some one a "nigger", it's not that he's racist, he may be as anti-racist as anyone, but under pressure he lost the plot, and "snapped".

I think in Tony's case that's probably what happened, he was clearly out of his depth, he admits to being anti-social, and unable to last on any forum, because of his behaviour, and therefore I think when he found himself out of his depth he snapped, and got anti-social, and offensive, he "lost his cool", or "snapped" if you were, and then proceeded to bait people, in a trollish manner (to clarify, in the manner of a troll, not saying he is a troll), seeking to solicite reaction.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 10th, 2009, 4:36 pm

I know I said I was leaving 'cause I really DO have to get back to work... but just read what you posted, Danny, and wanted to reply before the thread went another page and I lost what i was going to say.

I hear what you're saying and you may be right.

But yanno what? I think you enjoy arguing, too. LOL! .. I mean, just saying it looks like it's in your nature to have debates and make points and argue ... nothing wrong with that! But it DOES take two or more to create conflict. One might be purposely trying to solicit reaction but someone has to react in order to continue it.

I think debating is healthy, btw.

Respectful debate.

I don't go for anybody calling anybody names and I see your point about how people can lose their cool.

Just making my point that one person can't create friction by his or herself.

Oh crap... my arrows are both at the bottom again instead of top and bottom. No wonder i'm getting a headache... sorry... this was a sidebar... gotta restart and get back to work and this time I really have to. sighhh... deadlines

Before I go... for the record... I think your participation here on this site is cool and I like you. But I also like Tony even though I don't agree with his methods and I like mnaz and I like stilltrucking and oh geez... i just love this place and all the people here. LOL

I love love.

Cya later.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 10th, 2009, 5:29 pm

I hate to see otherwise good minds wasted on this kind of drivel

(shaking head)
children, chirrin, chirrin.....
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Nazz

Post by Nazz » March 10th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Oh yeah? You want a piece of me? You want somma this? I don't start shit, I finish it!

Uhh, well umm, I guess I did kinda, umm.. well you know, jump in last time and accuse everyone else of blowing smoke up one another's asses..

But I mean... umm, ASIDE FROM THAT, I don't start shit!
Well, ain't we all just one big, happy picture of cyber joy...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 10th, 2009, 6:21 pm

You are sucked in again mnaz

And you too Tony

Let it go

Nazz

Post by Nazz » March 10th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Don't worry, it was a joke.

About half of everything typed around here lately is some kind of crude satire. Took me awhile to catch on. I'm a bit slow.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 10th, 2009, 6:32 pm

whoop! wrong thread...

XPress

Post by XPress » March 10th, 2009, 6:33 pm

doreen peri wrote: But yanno what? I think you enjoy arguing, too. LOL! .. I mean, just saying it looks like it's in your nature to have debates and make points and argue ...
You're right, I like it, and I like it to much, which is one of the reasons I dislike political discourse, outside of political arenas, as I said in the other thread.

You should see me when I break a sweat, unfortunately I can be like a pitbull, I can snap my jaw around someone, or something, and never let go, I can bite and grind, and really "hurt" someone, but fortunately there was no cause for that side of me here, and I didn't have to break that sweat.

Political discussion, in "polite society", only ever leads to division, and acrimony, and so used to be considered, for very obvious reasons, very bad manners.

My views on political discussions are similar to Wilde's, "I adore political parties, as they are the only place left to us where people don't talk politics."

:wink:
Last edited by XPress on March 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm

oh shame on us all

shame shame shame

we all got sucked in

i feel so damn ashamed

i'm going to become religious

it is only the forgiven who don't get sucked in

hehehe... :P :shock: :lol: 8) :arrow: ssssssssuckkkkked in

uh oh.. here i am again.. sucked in!

the guilt of it all

lol

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 10th, 2009, 6:35 pm

XPress said
My views on political discussions are similar to Wilde's, "I adore political parties, as they are the only place left to us where people don't talk politics."
Ha! Brilliant! Gotta love it, huh? ;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 10th, 2009, 6:37 pm

CB rambo's you gotta love them

XPress

Post by XPress » March 10th, 2009, 6:50 pm

stilltrucking wrote:CB rambo's you gotta love them
keep's us off the streets

:wink:

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 10th, 2009, 6:55 pm

my favorite Wilde quote also applies here

'You wouldn't worry about what other people thought of you if you knew how rarely they did it."
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Return to “General Discussion”