Site Admin

Unimportant questions

Post by Doreen Peri » March 25th, 2009, 3:05 pm

How many emails do you get every day?

Less than 20
20-50
50-100
More than 100

What percentage of them are real which you need to respond to?

What percentage are spam?

How much time every day does it take to deal with your emails?

Just curious.

Tell me about the content of your emails. (if you dare)

Answer this, then ask an unimportant question of your own for the next person to answer, and so on.

K&D

Post by K&D » March 25th, 2009, 9:24 pm

I have two e-mails to check. One is my personal e-mail a lotted to me from the school- which is going away come may (a year since my graudation) and the other is a work e-mail which is for the production company i work for.

on my school I get about 5 a day- one of which I need to reply to (generally speaking an update from a girl i'm interested in or checking up with during work/ or an update from facebook thread or something which sometimes i respond to even though i don't "need" to. Or a resposnes from a corespondant mentor from high school) The others are often updates on school events at my college, which is in another state- thereby totally useless.

my other e-mail i get updates from meetup groups and use to send a shit load of messages from but often do not get responses sent back to me because the replies are genarrly through website or to boss e-mail.) I get about three of those a day, but were a new company.

when you type/think which way do you tilt your head. up- to the right/left/down/right/left...how do you do it?
Blah!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 25th, 2009, 10:25 pm

you're lucky... i get like 50-75 a day and half of them i have to answer (work stuff, etc) .... very interesting.. your life sounds so much more manageable than mine.. lol ... i wonder.. do people get more emails because they're older? is it accumulative? ha!

I look up... i tilt it up... either to the right or to the left but more often to the left.

i never even knew i did it until you just asked and i had to think of my answer and that's what i did! ;)

here's a very unimportant question ...

do you prefer writing with a pen or a pencil?

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 25th, 2009, 11:27 pm

mine leans to the left :wink:

cleaning my email box is like sweeping my floor
I do it when it starts grossing me out

now a question for you?
do you seal the envelope first or lick the stamp?
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 26th, 2009, 12:02 am

Less than 10... my junk mail filter works very well (Mozilla Thunderbird).

My head is a switcheroo... sometimes to the left other times the right, and sometimes i find myself looking down or even up.

K&D

Post by K&D » March 26th, 2009, 12:26 pm

always to the upper right for myself. sometimes when i type or have to spell its more to the left. Ive done a lot of thinking about this as you can tell.

often I lick the stamp first. or in most cases now peel it off and stick it on. its satisfying peeling it off more so i think then closeing the envelope which is so permanant. thats my philosophy.

wait...MTMYND you have the floor for the next question.
Blah!

K&D

Post by K&D » March 26th, 2009, 12:30 pm

Why Do People Look Up When Thinking

interesting because i've been looking down left while thinking about these new, rather "erotic" poem streak i've been writting for the past year...makes sense....thats a long ass link tell me if it doens't work. might have been quicker just to cut and paste info.
Blah!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 26th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Look here!
This is a simplistic summary of the neurologists’ methodology

Direction Thought Process-

up-right : visually remembered images
up-left : visually reconstructing [new] images
straight-left : auditory remembered sounds or words
straight-right : auditory constructed [new] sounds or words
down-right : auditory sounds or words (often what is called an “inner dialog”)
down-left : kinesthetic feelings (which can include smell or taste

Note: Eye movements have now been codified. There are seven basic types of eye movements, each of which corresponds to the use of a particular sensory apparatus.

Please note that these “visual accessing cues” are for the average right handed person; left-handers’ eyes ordinarily move to the opposite side. Also, “left-right” designations indicate the direction from the point of view of the observer.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 26th, 2009, 7:43 pm

that head thing is very interesting! ... i love this type of info! ... only now i won't be able to think without thinking omg, why is my head turned this way or that? heh

I don't lick stamps... i use pre-glued stamps

I don't even think they've sold lickable stamps for 10 or more years. All the stamps come on a page and you pull them off and stick them on because they're pre-glued

and most people, i believe, don't even use stamps any more... they pay their bills over the computer electronically.... I don't do that yet

Of course, I also keep a hand-written calendar and a hand-written address book. No kidding. gawd, i'm old... lol

ok... next question

How often do you vacuum your carpet?

I vacuum mine every month or two whether it needs it or not.

:lol: :shock:

Hahahaha! Just kidding!... joke!

here's the real next unimportant question ....

Do you prefer traveling by plane or bus or car or train? and why

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 26th, 2009, 8:19 pm

I vacuum my floor when somebody else does it

as to your second question, I'd rather walk

my question:
do you want to die when you are asleep or wide awake?

The Poet's Eye

K&D

Post by K&D » March 26th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I like the car...a tad afraid of planes despite the fact that i got into an accident with a 18 wheeler not a plane crash. its a control issue what can i say. if i'm going to die let it be by my own hands.

which brings me to the next question. I want to die while wide awake, in fact i imagine it feels spectacular. I had a near death experience in the above car wreck and it was the most amazing feeling in the world right before i thought i was going to die. it was amazing. i imagine death is too, but i could be wrong here. don't go calling some pych on me.
Blah!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 26th, 2009, 9:08 pm

K&D ... but what's your new question? ;)

tonyc

Post by tonyc » March 26th, 2009, 9:26 pm

doreen peri
most people, i believe, don't even use stamps any more... they pay their bills over the computer electronically....
It's weird, I get paid and pay all of my bills on the puter.
Can't remember the last time I used the mail, got a drawer wiith some stamps and envelopes from years ago in it, forgot they even exist.
Mail became extinct with the newspaper, can't remember the last time I read one of those either.

Why vacuum the floor?
Hell I just run an airhose from my workshop into the house and blow everything out the backdoor, works great!!!
This technic also eliminates the need to dust, my house is as clean as a hospital!!
I personally prefer at least a 120 psi of air...take it easy on the window blinds though, it's easy to blow a hole in them. :wink:
Back to chopping wood...........
I'm a one dimensional, one man, internet hate machine.

K&D

Post by K&D » March 27th, 2009, 7:01 pm

my question is.....

1. if you could perfectly communicate and be understood...like you had some magic power...would you ever keep anything secret.
Blah!

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » March 27th, 2009, 9:11 pm

K&D wrote:my question is.....

1. if you could perfectly communicate and be understood...like you had some magic power...would you ever keep anything secret.

my problem is that I can perfectly communicate, but I have no control of what is understood. I can keep a promise, but I can't keep a secret....haha

The Poet's Eye

Return to “General Discussion”