S8 Fitness Club

Go ahead. Talk about it.
neologistic
Site Tech Support

Re: S8 Fitness Club

Post by neologistic » April 17th, 2011, 12:51 am

sounds great :D i'm still on track, a little less than last but mostly on track.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 17th, 2011, 4:46 am

yay!
morning exercise - they're a given - i've been doing a routine for over 28 years - so it's basic maintenance.

will walk later - it's super hot today - hot winds from the east - i'll see how sturdy i am after these past months of far more pleasant conditions.

neologistic
Site Tech Support

Post by neologistic » April 18th, 2011, 12:22 am

Today ended up being the least productive of the three days, but hopefully I won't be as sore tomorrow and can bring my average up a little. Starting to get into a routine now

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 18th, 2011, 3:36 pm

OK, I'm more than half way around my garden pitchforking large clumps of grass and dirt out, piling them up on the curb, to edge the garden.... 2 hours so far. I'll finish this today.

Good exercise. Fresh air. Dirt all over me. Whheeeeeee

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll plant flowers and mulch. I'll also have to bag up all these heavy clumps of earth and grass. Going to get the big huge biodegradable brown paper garden bags.

Go Fitness Club Go!

Keep it up, you guys!

:mrgreen:

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 22nd, 2011, 4:48 pm

Basically, I hate fitness except to walk or ride a bike with not too much cars or people around (science fiction in downtown´s city except -for the cars- on sunday mornings...). See: http://www.rosario.gov.ar/sitio/deporte ... ativa1.jsp
Anyway, I use to walk by the river at least twice a week. Pilates & yoga are also part of the rutine this year since january (each time fifteen minutes before going to the classes I´m always thinking in staying at home or going somewhere to do something else really..., but I have to say that I always feel good after them! :) )

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 27th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Walking or riding a bike is great, Veronica!

I want to do pilates. I've wanted to for a long time. I should register for a class! I also want to do zumba! :)

Tomorrow, the outdoor pool opens! YAY! I haven't been swimming for months (shame on me, I DO have an indoor pool to go to). Can't wait to swim this weekend and get back into it.

:)

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » July 4th, 2011, 1:01 pm

I've been doing physical therapy for the past four months. Part of my therapy
is walking a treadmill inside a tank of water up to my chest. Then I do stretching exercises, lift weights, ride an excercise bike, & get electrical stimulation on my lower back & upper hips. I do the above feats, in addition to going to the chiropractor once a month. I'm improving my trunk strength, etc. and there is no comparison to the shape I used to be in. :)

Swimming is a good all around exercise for folks with back ailments, in addition to walking at a gentle pace. I haven't been swimming regularly for three years and I need to get back to it. I do walk about two miles a day...I track myself
with a pedometer... :)
Last edited by Steve Plonk on July 13th, 2011, 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » July 4th, 2011, 9:32 pm

I been in physcial therapy for two weeks, working my neck
getting to be compulsive behavior
I got forty years of slump on my shoulders
walking a fine line between addiction to meds
or chronic pain
or square myself a way
life is good
old age has brought me the forlorn rags of pain and poverty
and the blessings of longevity
the sweetest is release from suffering
I don't want to be a martyr for my art
so weird to settle into this body at the tender age of sventy
I been an absentee tenant so many years
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 5th, 2011, 1:07 am

it's never too late - always a good day to reclaim our physical territory

Artguy

Post by Artguy » July 5th, 2011, 8:38 am

I just got back from the "Y"...hate seeing these ultra athletic sorts, all buff and lean...and here I am with my middle age pot grunting and groaning my way through a work out....

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 6th, 2011, 10:46 am

doreen: zumba!... what?? :shock:, but it sounds good!!!! :D

I changed yoga (it started to become too acrobatic ... :roll :lol: ) for taichi, I found a place and an horario to go three times a week just when I return back from school. Middle of the year sounds as good time to do ground-work for me... (tell you more later).

Return to “General Discussion”