I don’t know what to say but…

Go ahead. Talk about it.
judih
Site Admin

Re: I don’t know what to say but…

Post by judih » September 23rd, 2022, 9:09 am

stilltrucking wrote:
September 23rd, 2022, 2:59 am
I know I am not right. Living with Aspersers is not easy when you are green. Besides my family the people here have been kind to me in spite of my mickey mouse ways.
I been watching the latest Ken Burns America and the Holocaust lots of flashbacks to how it felt when I was just a little jackster born before the war. All I learned about friendship I learned from my family and the Quakers. Friendship a religion for me. I come here to visit with gone friends like wireman Zlatco, Jimboloco, Lightning rod and grateful for friends still here like mingo and steve and all you guys. I am just one banana peel from a fatal fall and what with my heart issues and failing kidneys one fast move and I am gone in the mean time I try to maintain wireman's Joie de vivre.
Sorry D I found this picture on Fakebook but I can't find the source for attribution, it expresses how I feel these days
A pirate looks at 82
relax.PNG
keeping the balance and a sense of acceptance, may you continue to share your warmth for this next year, and more! Shana Tova, Jack!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 23rd, 2022, 11:51 pm

Hey Jack! You’re a gem to hang out here with us for all these years! I must say, it’s a lot easier now that you usually don’t bring a collection of sock puppets along with ya! 😉 Though, each of them were endearing in an odd sorta way. Hey listen, please try to avoid those banana peels! We like having you around. And that’s not a rocking chair so please don’t rock! Hang on, friend! Happy 82!

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 30th, 2022, 7:49 pm

Thanks Doreen. Thanks for providing this place for all these years after Levi (I mean, Marc) closed the Litkicks boards. That was a great discovery, stumbling onto LK in '03 while googling Kerouac. I couldn't believe that place; I joined immediately. And when the LK boards shut down, S8 stepped in and carried on that spirit in a different format. It's been a great run, still running...

Yes, one of these days ... I'll finally road trip to the east coast. I had plenty of time to do it when I wasn't working, but I never made it! Then I got a job, and then the long ordeal with my parents, and my neighborhood seemed to get sketchier (burglarized a couple times) and I didn't want to leave the house for long trips. I moved to a better neighborhood with better neighbors 3 and a half years ago, and targeted spring/summer of 2020 for the long-awaited east coast trip, but then the Pandemic hit. Sigh... Some day, some day...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 18th, 2022, 8:13 am

Doreen wrote:
I must say, it’s a lot easier now
bat shit crazy this/these past 50 years since I decided on a cold day in April that i was going to write a hypertext trash great American novel. Sock puppets just a figment of my delusions

she ain't easy
she ain't heavy
she is my sister
thank you sisters
for a safe place to write

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » November 13th, 2022, 3:37 pm

Doreen et al, Please keep Studio 8 up and running. I still read it and post occasionally. My software needs updating because I can't copy anything.
However, I still have no problem posting and so on.

I really like this site. I have posted quite a bit about my poetry book, STRAWBERRY MOSS.
My book has been reviewed and is now displayed in our local Chattanooga Public Library. One copy is in circulation and another copy has been placed in the history section. I keep harping on it because I am proud of how the book has been doing. Thanks for all your encouragement on this site.
--Steve Plonk,member of Studio 8.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 14th, 2022, 11:40 pm

studio eight members are a small circle of friends who influence each other

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 2nd, 2023, 7:18 pm

I am hoping that the administrators will keep this wonderful site on line. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I really enjoy posting here and letting people know what's up. I have a new book in the works called:BOATING ON THE RIVER STYX.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 2nd, 2023, 9:57 pm

Steve Plonk wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 7:18 pm
I am hoping that the administrators will keep this wonderful site on line. I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I really enjoy posting here and letting people know what's up. I have a new book in the works called:BOATING ON THE RIVER STYX.
Fantastic news, Steve. Well done!

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » October 10th, 2023, 7:25 pm

Judih, I pray that you are okay along with your husband and family. Who would've thought you'd be missing a week later.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 11th, 2023, 10:38 am

Some years ago this site was a constant in my life. Through reading all of your thoughts and creativity my art and writing practice have grown in ways I could not possibly expect. Than all of you.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 2nd, 2023, 11:45 am

I'm glad to have returned, for reasons I can't fathom.

Return to “General Discussion”