"Cool Hand Barack"

Go ahead. Talk about it.
mtmynd

Re: "Cool Hand Barack"

Post by mtmynd » May 6th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Gonna be hot in Phar Lepht today and I gotta get up on the roof and turn on the a/c which I've been putting off.... it'll be a damn fine day for me after that task is done! ;)

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 20th, 2011, 2:28 pm

well, the title of this article made me smile "Obama, mustio guerrero desbordado"... but what followed, not...

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/elmun ... 05-20.html

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » May 20th, 2011, 8:59 pm

yes I am not smiling either

However, in the framework of the budget debate has emerged an even more disturbing. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU as the acronym) has reported that the new legislation on the disbursement of resources for the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan will be giving the president (Obama and those who follow him) powers large to use force inside and outside the United States, transferring, in fact, the executive power of the legislature to declare war. The alarm is such that the U.S. organization of rights and liberties advocate calls for a profound and urgent debate on a matter that, in practice, result in a sort of imperial presidency unchecked by Congress to use the military in all types of missions . This would be neither more nor less, in the words of the ACLU, the "authorization to world wars without end."
Conviction or convenience, for electoral reasons or strategic reasons, not to appear weak politically or diplomatically, Obama has become, sadly and heavily, in a warrior. A warrior who can strengthen coyunturalmente

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... rmd%3Divns

Return to “General Discussion”