Lies and Damned Lies

Go ahead. Talk about it.
mudshark

Post by mudshark » March 14th, 2009, 8:46 pm

ahh, my new years promise. straight up honesty. the ring is made of stone to help me out. but i can write whatever i want.
literature is plain lying. but even that is dificult with this ring.

honesty has gone well, so far. not mingeling with crazyness of sexual benfits and easy money.
so spoke the single guy.
all quiet on the eastern front.

i will not lie to myself, i say. but i do.
i have vacation.
and i belive there is something terribly wrong in that.
doing something all year, that makes you look forward to a vacation.
what kind of life is that?
i choose a lie.
so this year will have to give.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 15th, 2009, 3:50 am

the biggest lies I tell myself are about women

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » March 16th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I started reading through the posts in this thread but stopped so I could answer your original question the way I wanted to before I forgot. What do I think of lies, and liars. I don't really know. I think I am a human being, and I am fragile, and more often than not I think I want to be lied to. I want to be told that there's no way I'll die today because I am terrified of death. I want to believe that there is an afterlife because the aspect of death that scares me the most is no longer existing. I don't consider those white lies, but I feel like I need them to keep my head from spiraling into madness. When I was in love, I wanted Cherry to lie to me and say she didn't see Ernest fucking Shaunte. But she didn't. And I think, at least for a little while, I hated her as much as I hated him for telling me the ugly truth that ruined my relationship... whether it was destined for failure or not. And I think the reality is that I say that I want the truth but hard truths terrify me... much like a phobia. And we all know tha phobias are not based on logic, so it is hard to convince myself that I can accept them. As for liars... I think that's a tough one too. I am fascinated by compulsive liars because there imagination and capacity to tell stories seems boundless. I am always curious to know what about their reality is so fucked that they need to create a new one. I suppose I feel sorry for them because of that same reason. And it goes without saying that when I saw the movie Garden State, and Natalie Portman's character Sam would spout out some ridiculour lie without effort, I fell in love with her even more. And I think for those types of lies, the ones that are merely to impress someone, if they are told to me, I am admittedly a bit flattered that they considered me important enough to want to impress. I am bracing myself for the worst of criticism and rebuttal for this post, but LRod, you said you don't like to be lied to, so I am being as honest as I can. I know that I have lied about things that maybe didn't even need to be lied about in the past, with no frther explaination than that I wanted to. And I am not saying it's right, but the truth of the matter is that lying exists, and will always exist. I try not to lie when it matters, and I am finding out, now more than ever, that everything matters so very much.
--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 17th, 2009, 11:33 pm

And I am not saying it's right, but the truth of the matter is that lying exists, and will always exist.
So will murder, theft and depravity, to name but a few, but should you involve yourself in any of those..?

Lies complicate a life. Lies ultimately confuse the liar. They don't know where the truth ends and the lie begins... the people close to them shy away not knowing when the truth is being told... mistrust and mistrust is a bitch. Liars end up living alone in stories fabricated to make their lives livable for that the best they can do... livable.

Banish the lies and life becomes so much easier... less complicated. Confusion dissipates and the living becomes more clear. Clarity of thought is a treasure that gives and continues giving, asking for nothing in return... the joy is enough. Friends trust and confide in honest people... they respect their opinion and give back in ways that are immeasurable. Children are happier when given honest love... what more can a parent want than to see honesty being passed to their children so they, too, will gain the benefits that all can receive?

You deserve honesty. You need honesty. Your child will thrive with honesty. No lie.

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » March 18th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Well, in the very quote you posted, I said "I'm not saying it's right". Of course the very essence of lying is wrong. Of course it is. But I would be a liar if I said that there were not liars that I still found amusing and perhaps even endearing. I would also be lying if I said that I haven't lied in the past to give myself certain advantages... with little or no remorse. The problematic thing is that there are always going to certain situations where it is going to be easier to lie than it is to tell the truth... and I have and perhaps will again in the future... take adavantage of those now and again. Besides... if you tell me you've never lied, I'll think you a liar. It happenes. We move on. We try to be better people. And we hope that in the morning our relaity is finally good enough that we don't have to. Just being honest.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 18th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I don't lie much any more. I think I am too apathetic maybe. The last lie I told was to a woman here at the senior housing complex who asked me if I was married. I told her yes. I just wanted her to back off.

Children, how much truth can a child deal with, understand?

“Dost thou know, child, wherefore thy mother wears this letter?”
“Truly do I!” answered Pearl, looking brightly into her mother’s face. “It is for the same reason that the minister keeps his hand over his heart!”

Hester Prynne and Pearl.
Like buddha bitch said a long time ago. I take responsibility for my words.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 18th, 2009, 11:15 pm

...k : "Just being honest."

I was too.

It felt good didn't it?

Thx for reading.

;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 19th, 2009, 12:36 am

Must be thirty years since I stumbled on this bit of scripture. I found it liberating. I call it the Spirit of Truth. I lean on it.
"
Mark 13:11: "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost."

Return to “General Discussion”