Wading into the Tide.

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 21st, 2008, 2:07 pm

stilltrucking wrote: The three thousand hits are if you google the first sentence of the AZello post, you see about three thousand hits starting out the same way. I should have made that more clear. I notice he has edited his post two days after I after I replied to it. OH well.
Wow. You googled what someone posted? You say this person is promoting a book? I didn't get that. Do you think it's a spam bot? or a real person?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 21st, 2008, 3:02 pm

Web gets curiouser and curiouser.

This is from the link posted below

Dubber said...
No - it's spam. I run a forum, and I have spam protection built into the registration process. The book's publicist has dispatched bots to join every forum it can get into and then automatically post.

The whole thing is very polite. It reads:

"Howdy the Forum Master! I\'m Moshe the Bot, specifically the political bot. I go around the forums and tell people about [name of author]'s work. You probably heard of [name]: Google banned his site from the AdWords, Yahoo too blocked many pages, and Amazon deleted all reviews of [name]'s book, [Title: subtitle]. [Name] writes very hot and controversial articles about the Middle East affairs, terrorism, and war. The thing is, I\'m a polite bot. I post only once every few weeks in relevant categories. If you don\'t like me at all, you can kill me at any time, and I would no longer post to your forum. But give me a try: perhaps the folks here would enjoy me. Thank you.".

But you know what? It's still spam.
Grumpy Old Bookman

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 21st, 2008, 3:15 pm

ok thanks.... honestly i don't understand it. I don't understand how you got to where you got to, what you were searching for and why you were searching but from reading your post, it appears this is a spam bot but I'm not sure.

Nothing like that was posted to this forum and I don't see that the post is promoting anything... AND one of the reasons we are here is to promote the material people on the web publish. So... I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's really a spam bot or a real person. Oh well.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 21st, 2008, 3:46 pm

This all is off topic nothing to do with Infinite Tide, just thought about a question you asked on another thread about how to promote the book

I did not point it out because I expected you to do anything about it. I just thought it was interesting how the book was being promoted.
I am not much interested in getting published. But there are many "folks" here who are.

I thought the Grumpy Old Bookman was an interesting blog.

Grumpy old bookman said.
There are a couple of things that interest me here. The first is that the Samson Blinded is published by Booksurge. Now Booksurge is a division of Amazon, and it offers various services to authors and publishers, the chief of which are publishing and distribution facilities.

I find the net so intrigueing. It has gotten so murky. It was not so long that you could run a url through "whois" and find out something about the people behind it. No more. Now they can shield themselves thorugh proxies that keep them annonymous.

any way no nothing to be done
nothing to worry about
curiosity killed the cat
I am nothing if not curious
I like to surf.

These are my golden years
One day rolls into the next like summer vacation from school.
time is money
and I try to buy as little of it as possible.

Sometimes I think I just say just too much

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 21st, 2008, 3:58 pm

Booksurge is Createspace. I tried them yes, because they are owned by Amazon.

Unfortunately, out of the 3 - cafepress, lulu, and createspace, the createspace proof was the worst. It looked awful. I tried 2 proofs from them. It was unfortunate because I really wanted to use them.

Bottom line is zero promotion is being done for the book. I made 2 announcements by email to the people who had material posted in the book. I sincerely hoped they would send the link out to their friends & family but not many did that or if they did, the effort didn't work unfortunately. The only other promotion I did for the book was to post the link here.

If you can think of any other ways to promote the book, let me know. Thanks.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 21st, 2008, 4:13 pm

I will doreen

Thank you.

I am so damn lazy I get tired just thinking about the work you put into it.

I think Cafe did an excellent job
The binding covers and typograhy I mean

And there is not much I can say about the content execpt
It is one of my most treasured books.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » February 21st, 2008, 4:23 pm

thank you, truckin.

I did the typography.

All they did was print the files I gave them for both the interior and exterior of the book (2 files) ... and perfect bind it.

Their print quality was by far better than the other two services.

It's one of my most treasured books also... i love the poetry and artwork. thanks to all!

bohonato

Post by bohonato » February 21st, 2008, 6:35 pm

I don't know about amazon.com, but here's how to get on Barnes and Noble's site. It seems pretty easy, but I didn't look too closely at it.

(p.s. I haven't finished it yet, but I really like page 29)
Last edited by bohonato on February 21st, 2008, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » February 21st, 2008, 7:00 pm

mnaz, do you have a painter-sister!! why not she is here??!! :)

My Infinite Tide copy is since a month ago in the hands of my friend Dani. I knew he will be one of the persons I know that would/could enjoy the book a lot. We read some poems together. And later yes, he told me that he liked the book a lot!!!!!! I´ll see him next sunday and if he finished reading it, I´ll have the book back again and keep it circulating!!. He has my promise of a copy for his next birthday in november. I hope I can buy the book for him before that!!!!!

I don´t have previous specific ideas about how to sell a book (or anything) inside or outside the net :roll: Maybe basic solidarity in a shared activity, enthusiasm and the desire to enjoy a beautiful book is enough for the site-known people. So, as a first step if each one of the contributors and/or readers of the site buy his/her copy it would be just great!!!!!!! Come on... it´s not so expensive for you!!!!!!!!! I know you´ll do it!!!!!!!! :wink:
And I´m for contributing to pay the site gastos. It´s crazy that Doreen alone have to do it...!. If the book-sell is not enough we´ll have to ideate other ways.

About adding, why not ask levi about it besides amazon?. Are we not able to pay him or something like that? or is it other thing? :lol: I´m sure he will like to help somehow!!!!!!

thanks again doreen for everything!!!!!! :)

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » February 25th, 2008, 5:14 pm

you tell 'em, arcadia! :D

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 26th, 2008, 10:44 am

Pages 46-47 facing
:D

BambiPurrs

Re: Wading into the Tide.

Post by BambiPurrs » November 29th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Question:
I lost all my belongings..EVERYTHING...last year. LONG, long, sorrow-filled story, truly.

I need to know where can I get another copy??? Please don't tell me they are not available anymore! I have several poems/photos in there and I must be able to get a copy for myself again. In time I'd like to buy 3 more for my sons when they are grown.
[url=http://bambipurr.freehosting.net/]Welcome To Judi's Joint[/url][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/BambiPurrs/BlackCatRuns.gif[/img]

[color=green][b]I'm Not The Average Bear[/color][/b]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 29th, 2013, 4:06 pm

BambiPurrs ....

We've talked some about what happeed on FB private messaging. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you!

Here's a link to repurchase a copy of Infinite Tide:
http://www.cafepress.com/studioeight.183782713

Wishing you well and thanks for wanting to own another copy!

Love,
Doreen

BambiPurrs

Post by BambiPurrs » November 29th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Thank you Doreen. I miss my sons so terribly ..and second to that are my 4 cats all older, been with me their whole lives too...miss them badly as well. My belongings...eh. Yea priceless and irreplacable things some of them were....but my precious sons..that is a horrible pain, an unceasing ache, that can reduce this human to sobs if given half the chance.

I appreciate the link...I've been searching some time.
Hugs...I will post paintings I've done
[url=http://bambipurr.freehosting.net/]Welcome To Judi's Joint[/url][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/BambiPurrs/BlackCatRuns.gif[/img]

BambiPurrs

Post by BambiPurrs » November 29th, 2013, 4:23 pm

I posted on FB :) to try getting it out there. Last time I tried doing so, no FB link existed. Yes a LONG time ago!

Return to “General Discussion”