Oganic food and shopping cart seats...

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 27th, 2008, 6:01 pm

18 months is plenty long enough.

breast feeding a child who's 3 years old?

no way!

when he or she starts drinking from a cup, the breast is no longer necessary yanno?

;)

teeth are a good indication that it's time to stop .. yeah

e_dog

Post by e_dog » April 27th, 2008, 7:50 pm

18 years is good time to stop.

when the child can vote or be drafted, smoke, though not yet drink alcool.

yeah!
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 27th, 2008, 9:41 pm

ah, the bitten nipple situation!
well, denese, long before teeth appear, those tiny little gums are perfectly adequate for biting down just when you're at your most loving.
Right away, you learn how to save your nipple and use your fingers to defend it from further attack.

Yes, afraid so, but that's when discipline begins and through your pain, you realize you don't want to toss your beloved through the window, no.
You want to share the challenge of how to learn restraint. So, you teach.

I nursed all my kids past 2. They ate food but also nursed. We stopped after a mutual agreement. But it's an individual thing.

mrs. yabyum

Post by mrs. yabyum » April 27th, 2008, 11:14 pm

i think nutrition and independence (for baby and myself) may turn out to be my biggest deciding factors. probably start cutting down when baby can eat solids and then feed self. but as for cutoff age, we'll just have to see. also, pretty sure ronnie won't allow me to eat any ho-hos or anything while breastfeeding, so baby might have to suffer so mama can have a damn twinkie.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com

sooZen

Post by sooZen » April 28th, 2008, 7:32 am

D, sounds like you guys are going to do great!

Baby Teeth...grrrr...here my true story and confessional :roll:

Some friends were over for a game of cards and we were all sitting around our dinning table. I had Noah, my oldest in my lap breast feeding and he decided to clamp down, you know, try out those new teeth.

Now it was a peaceful scene up to that point...mama and baby blissful together until mama thumped baby on the head. Believe me, it was just a reaction...I had no control and was totally taken by surprise. Like when something bites you, you respond. Imagine the reaction of our guests??? Noah reared back, looked at me with this shocked look on his face (he didn't cry) but it was nothing compared to the looks on my friends faces! The little bugger never bit me again tho. :lol:

BTW, I don't recommend this technique. :wink:
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 28th, 2008, 10:53 am

ha! i can see it now!
& the end justified the means

oh, for a photo of that little scene, soo

mrs. yabyum

Post by mrs. yabyum » April 28th, 2008, 1:16 pm

HAHA at least you didn't toss him across the room. after teeth-nipple detachment, of course.

from my experience with nannying & daycare, it seems to be difficult for most babies & wobblers to learn about biting & how it's NOT OKAY (unless it's solid food or a cup/bottle/spoon or chewy toy). their little brains in their precious skulls can't yet comprehend how other people feel about what they do (one of my most favorite parts of babies, by the way, those little heads you can snuggle and smell and love on...ok maybe too much information). i've heard other horror stories about biting during nursing and consequences; it's good to know that it's a natural step and i shouldn't feel bad about reasonable reaction.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com

Return to “General Discussion”