had a studio eight dream last night...

Go ahead. Talk about it.
YABYUM

had a studio eight dream last night...

Post by YABYUM » July 17th, 2008, 10:01 am

yeah, it was pretty strange. to many details to remember. i remember talking to Judih. she was wearing a blue dress with brown birckenstocks. i have no idea what we were talking about but i woke up feeling very much at peace. thanks metaphysical judih! Maybe i saw the future? perhaps a glimpse of the get together next year?

havent been posting much. sorry. very busy with regular job and praise lifes force, my handyman buisness is taking off. usaully working 14 hour days. no jobs tonite though, thursday nite is reserved for trout fishing.

i really did enjoy the lrod thread about the newyorker cartoon. lots of good threads in creative writing also. and lets all get together and push one of my favorite columnists ,Cecil, into publishing a sunday stream book?

Baby is due in five weeks or so. Denese is up to 150 lbs. Holy fuck! her hospital bag is packed and ready by the door. i hope baby knows to arrive before the NY football Jets season opener. how difficult a choice would i have? stay home and watch football, or attend the birth of my first child?
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » July 17th, 2008, 10:20 am

Good luck on your business!!!!

Good luck with having that dream coming true!!!!

Good luck with the baby!!!!

I think you should be there!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 17th, 2008, 11:00 am

a blue dream..., sweet! yeah... some dreams are very vivid! :)

stay home and watch football, or attend the birth of my first child? mmm... you´re definetely joking!!!!!! :lol:

best to you!!!!!!!! :D

mrs. yabyum

Post by mrs. yabyum » July 17th, 2008, 11:07 am

daddy. really? there are televisions in every hospital room. with basic cable. so you just need to know what channel the game is on. although i'm pretty sure that the show below my waist will be more captivating than any sporting event.

to which you reply: OF COURSE! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT.

also isn't everyone convinced that the baby is coming early?

also you're not supposed to broadcast how much your wife weighs. not that it's a big deal, but chicks don't dig it all that much. and may even eat all the banana bread muffins while you're at work as punishment. or give them all to shuffles!
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » July 17th, 2008, 11:36 am

my first baby
I held my wife's hand
eighteen hours of labor
boy was I tired

We lived about six blocks from the hospital
I walked home to take a break
then came back to the waiting room
and went to sleep

I was dead asleep
nurse shake me awake
'Mr. January, Mr. January. You have a new daughter."

I'm still half asleep
I came from a family of four sons
my father came from a family of three sons
there were no daughters anywhere
so I just naturally assumed.......
and this was before ultra-sound so we didn't know

The doctor came down the hallway
snapping off his gloves
said, "You have a beautiful daughter."
I said, "Are you sure it's a daughter?"
I couldn't believe it
he said, "I've been doing this for twenty years,
I think I should be able to tell by now."
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » July 17th, 2008, 3:25 pm

a blue dress! i like it!
birkenstocks! don't have any, but i'll get some - sounds comfortable.
glad i was there for you, ronnie

denese - i don't know what i weighed in pounds but i always got up to about 62 -63 kgs. (the first time i started out at 47, so that was a big weight gain). Doesn't matter. Eat healthy stuff and watch the weight leave as you nurse your child. Took me about 9 months to lose it. Exercised during pregnancy and after, walked, swam. Don't give it a thought.

You two are busy.
Did i mention my first daughter was about 3 weeks late? She was.
My son was a week early. My other son came out right on time and my last daughter, the one in charge at the moment, arrived 2 weeks early.
They all were perfectly fine with their birthdate - the weekly count thing was just something for me to do to keep me thinking i knew what was what.
The kid knows when.

Oh, and i'd packed a bag for my second son, but i left it at home. I kept a small case of underwear, toothbrush, etc. in my purse, so i was cool.

The most important thing is to drink raspberry tea! Now's the time to start. And practice inhaling and releasing the breath with five fingers. Breathe in...release, one, two, three, four, five - strong exhale. Inhale and go again.
Those five fingers drumming on your thigh can keep you focused and in control when contractions become devastingly serious.

Are you in Lamaze, Denese?

Return to “General Discussion”