STUDIO EIGHT ELECTION PARTY!!

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 5th, 2008, 2:43 pm

kayla, this is a very moving first-hand account
I was thinking about you when I saw the crowd shots
I knew that you would be there. (and I was gonna spank you if you weren't...haha)
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » November 5th, 2008, 3:06 pm

Lrod, there was no real way I couldn't be there. No way at all. After all of those days I spent calling people I didn't know, and sometimes even being hung up on campaigning for him this year and even back in 04 when he was up for the senate seat, I would've felt stupid not going. I have grown as a woman, as a politically conscious person, as a writer, as a black person thanks to the work and dedication I have put into this man's political career as an outsider. What right did I have NOT to be there? I doubt you would've caught me in the crowd shots, Julian, who is 6"3 and broad shouldered was behind me, and I was between Millie and the other woman, there were also two people sandwiched together directly in front of me. It's a miracle I got to see anything. I was glad how smooth everything went though. Security was INSANE. We had to wait at a blocked off intersection for an hour and a half before they would let us through, then we went through metal detectors where we had to show our tickets and IDs. There were people who I'm pretty sure were secret servicemen in the crowd even. They were in charge of security last night. And living 3 blocks from Barack Obama means not being able to park anywhere near your house. 51st Street where he and I both live was blocked off from Woodlawn to Drexel which is a stretch of about 8 blocks. And still was as of this morning. Plus most of the side streets were blocked off for a least one block in either direction with police stationed in front of the blockades. If you lived on a particular street, you were required to show ID to get past. And my mother told me that while they were doing the motor pool from his house to the Hyatt, you couldn't so much as look like you were going down 51st St. If you lived there or not, you couldn't even walk down 51st until the secret service called clear. Anyway it was all worth it. It was a great night and a powerful moment in my life that I will NEVER forget. A little detour is nothing compared to the history I was able to witness.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » November 5th, 2008, 11:22 pm

One word:
Hallelujah.
Yes we did.
Younited, no longer divided.
Smarter, fairer, hopefuller, less fearful.
What a night, what a milestone. Indeed I cried.
Indeed America turns a page, turns a corner, to onward and upward.
H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » November 13th, 2008, 3:24 am

It never ceases to amaze me how far you can go in the USA to make a buck....

http://www.headostate.com/

ImageImage
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » November 16th, 2008, 4:57 pm

That is sick. LOL.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » November 17th, 2008, 12:02 am

izeveryboyin wrote:That is sick. LOL.

--k
Isn't it, though?

God...I must be getting old because I sure remember when something like that wouldnt even be concieved, let alone actually marketed.

I noticed part of the sales pitch mentions a "return policy". Come on, like someone would go to all the trouble to order one, try it out then return it? What do they do with the returns, resell them? Sheesh, how utterly sleazy and tasteless can it get?

Wait, I dont wanna know.
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Return to “General Discussion”