Cool pic

Go ahead. Talk about it.
singlemalt

Cool pic

Post by singlemalt » March 10th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Zoom in and look around. Who do you see? Cool pic, huh?

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscree ... 2b4b06233c

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 10th, 2009, 6:30 pm

Cool Picture

Yes it is.

Thank you

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 10th, 2009, 6:54 pm

hey, malt... very cool... err.. cold! so many cold people, must be thousands of them huddled together under leafless trees.

what a day 1.20.09 was in D.C... amazingly cold.

o, yeah... there were hundreds of profiles in this pic... sides of faces all lined up in rows. i wonder if anyone will ever spend their life identifying all these people at the historical event, you reckon?

tonyc

Post by tonyc » March 11th, 2009, 6:06 am

OMG!!! look at that scowl on Bush and Chenneys faces (sitting right behind Obama)..Chenney looks like he wants to puke...
The two thugs are a national embarrassment, they shouldn't have showed up with that kind of an attitude. :roll:
My God Chenney looks plain evil!!!!!
I'm a one dimensional, one man, internet hate machine.

singlemalt

Post by singlemalt » March 11th, 2009, 9:21 am

A few thoughts:

I think it's amazing that the picture could be taken like it was (multiple pictures?) and that you can get such clarity when you zoom in.

I thought there would be more visible security.

Notice that Bush and Cheney have a little table with a pitcher and a glass on it? I don't see anyone else with a table and pitcher.

When you zoom in toward the right side of the picture it gives you some idea of how far back the crowd went.

The seating order and proximity to the president is very interesting. I like how the Supreme Court Justices got prime seats.

Notice the actual chairs that the people got. For example, Bush's chair is a nice comfy chair with a high back. It looks to be a better chair than Biden got. The Justices seem to have had nice chairs. But look at Clinton's - it's a folding chair! Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Just a cool picture and a cool concept of being able to zoom in and pan around on such a large scale.

Return to “General Discussion”