a public statement of responsibility

Go ahead. Talk about it.
still.trucking

a public statement of responsibility

Post by still.trucking » May 11th, 2009, 6:06 pm

I take responsibility for myself, my words and actions. But not my thoughts, they are fed to me by death lizards from outer space who want me to change my chromosomes.

<center>
Dignity is Everything:
Isaiah Berlin and His Jewish Identity.1

What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish?
T.S. Eliot2

I am not disembodied Reason.
Nor am I Robinson Crusoe,
alone upon his island.
Isaiah Berlin3</center>

http://triceratops.brynmawr.edu/dspace/ ... appelJ.pdf
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 11th, 2009, 10:13 pm

i guess i'm lucky... i conquered the death lizards in the summer of 1967. what a relief! i'll never forget the load that vaporized into space leaving me chromosomally intact.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 12th, 2009, 12:28 am

That is good Cecil.

As close as I come to conquering anything these days is smoking Pall Malls.

Random link of the day
Judge orders collecting of dead son's sperm

"I want him to live on. I want to keep a piece of him," she said in a story in Tuesday's online edition of the Austin American-Statesman.

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/new ... ?id=284307
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 12th, 2009, 1:08 am

PallMall... i wonder how you pronounce that: Pahl Mahl or Pell Mell? Probably depends on how long you've lived in the south.

I worked with a retired Army Sergeant that smoked Chesterfields... it had to be a Chesterfield straight or he didn't think he was smoking. Mel was the man's name and he died a couple of years after his wife died. He smoked so much that he'd light up his Chesterfield after having a coughing attack. I never saw anyone else smoke Chesterfields which made me wonder if he kept the company going... he smoked 2 or 3 packs a day... just like a piece of candy, just popped one out of his pack before he did anything else.

I smoked a lot of Buglers. I noticed in the store they went up in price... part of the tobacco tax... but still cheaper than buying pre-rolls. I'm glad it finished me... I was a Bugler ashtray... I'd be smoldering most of the day reeking of Bugler smoke... I never went completely out until I fell asleep.

Yessiree... smoking!

Why would a mother ask a judge to give her permission to collect her dead son's sperm..? It just doesn't set right with me. I wonder if she intends to keep her son's wad in her freezer? Nope. It's just not right.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 12th, 2009, 8:53 am

Why? Because she wants grandchildren.

Solomon hadn't been king for very long when God appeared to him in a dream. "Ask what I should give you," God said (1 Kings 3:5). Various Bible versions translate what Solomon requested as wisdom or an understanding mind or heart. But the actual translation of the Hebrew says Solomon asked for a "hearing heart" so he could judge between good and evil. In other words, Solomon wanted a hearing heart so he could discern rightly.

For the ancient Hebrews, the heart was more than an organ that pumped blood. The heart was thought to be the center of everything physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual. So when Solomon asked for a hearing heart, what he really wanted was for God to inform every aspect of his life so he could be a wise and faithful king.
http://www.thelutheran.org/article/arti ... le_id=4248

I am still praying for a hearing heart.

1967, you were five or six years ahead of me cecil. By the early seventies everybody and the brother was trying for chemical enlightenment and looking for a guru

More on death lizards to come.which goes back to this bit on your stream #204 a big stack of again.
I said that to a fellow who came to me for help about a week before he committed suicide
Well the news in the Tabloids is grim again. Ophrah has three years to live and Tori is back in rehab.

Meanwhile back in Iraq:
U.S. Soldier in Iraq Kills 5 Comrades at Stress Clinic

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said the Pentagon needs to redouble its efforts to relieve the stress caused by repeated deployments in war zones with limited time at home in between.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... v=hcmodule

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 12th, 2009, 10:04 am

Why? Because she wants grandchildren.
Has she given any thought to who would be carrying this baby to full term... or would it be a test tuber..?

I'm not really asking you for any answers for those questions, just writing out loud what's going thru my mind...

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 12th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Ok?

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 12th, 2009, 2:58 pm

<center>o
Last edited by mtmynd on May 12th, 2009, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 12th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Ok?
Ok.
:)

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 12th, 2009, 6:16 pm

That is what he told me. Aliens were after him to change his chromosomes. And if he did not the aliens said they would make him kill himself. I think if it was me I would have changed my chromosomes.
And I said Ohm mati padme hums . Maybe it is like Shazam, you have to pronounce the mystic word correctly if you want to morph into Captain Marvel
Ohm mati padme hums just saying that did not seem to help him much

to have that prayer wheel spinning in your heart

I pick that pitiful memory up and run with it. He was such a sweet guy, an artist a medical student. Let it be lesson to me

Remind me to pray for a listening heart.

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16387

U.S. Military Identifies Sergeant Charged in Baghdad Shooting

At least 140 soldiers committed suicide in 2008, according to the Army, a considerable increase compared with the 115 cases reported the previous year and the 102 documented in 2006. The number is the highest since the military started tracking suicide data in 1980. The Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force also reported an uptick in suicides last year.
Oh well, I got go do some stuff with my stuff

Free Rice

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 12th, 2009, 6:48 pm

thanks for posting the story of stuff... i saw this a couple of years ago... great to see it again.. it's really very well done!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 12th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Who is this General Discussion and why are we here..? I need to be listening to Stuff... the sooner the better.

Professional soldiers, not drafted into the service, committing suicide as if the death they deal in wasn't enough to purge themselves of the death lizards. This needs to be taken to the top... right up to Gen. Discussion. If (s)he hasn't an answer then nobody does.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 12th, 2009, 7:02 pm

Did you try to pronounce Shazam correctly when you were a kid? I tried and tried but I could never get it right.
Om Mani Padme Hum

The Meaning of the Mantra
in Tibetan Buddhism
The True Sound of Truth
An old story speaks about a similar problem. A devoted meditator, after years concentrating on a particular mantra, had attained enough insight to begin teaching. The student's humility was far from perfect, but the teachers at the monastery were not worried.

A few years of successful teaching left the meditator with no thoughts about learning from anyone; but upon hearing about a famous hermit living nearby, the opportunity was too exciting to be passed up.

The hermit lived alone on an island at the middle of a lake, so the meditator hired a man with a boat to row across to the island. The meditator was very respectful of the old hermit. As they shared some tea made with herbs the meditator asked him about his spiritual practice. The old man said he had no spiritual practice, except for a mantra which he repeated all the time to himself. The meditator was pleased: the hermit was using the same mantra he used himself -- but when the hermit spoke the mantra aloud, the meditator was horrified!

"What's wrong?" asked the hermit.

"I don't know what to say. I'm afraid you've wasted your whole life! You are pronouncing the mantra incorrectly!"

"Oh, Dear! That is terrible. How should I say it?"

The meditator gave the correct pronunciation, and the old hermit was very grateful, asking to be left alone so he could get started right away. On the way back across the lake the meditator, now confirmed as an accomplished teacher, was pondering the sad fate of the hermit.

"It's so fortunate that I came along. At least he will have a little time to practice correctly before he dies." Just then, the meditator noticed that the boatman was looking quite shocked, and turned to see the hermit standing respectfully on the water, next to the boat.

"Excuse me, please. I hate to bother you, but I've forgotten the correct pronunciation again. Would you please repeat it for me?"

"You obviously don't need it," stammered the meditator; but the old man persisted in his polite request until the meditator relented and told him again the way he thought the mantra should be pronounced.

The old hermit was saying the mantra very carefully, slowly, over and over, as he walked across the surface of the water back to the island.

http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/mea ... e-hung.htm
I come close to committing suicide when I was eight years old. I was a precocious child.

I remember we talked about that video before Doreen. I was reminded of it on the MEarth jam this morning.

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 13th, 2009, 8:02 am

re:stuff - good stuff. worthy of another watch.

excellent darma-haven snippet. anything that freely gives one a smile is enjoyment... that, indeed, is.

one moment nearly 60 years ago and it just happened... again and again and again. mind's are merciless when left on their own... the true death lizards that are spoiled rotten by our giving minds whatever they demand... and they reward us with idiocy.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 13th, 2009, 10:42 am

I say fiddlesticks to death lizards

Charles Addams, From New Yorker May, 1951

I was hoping you would like that story Cecil.

Free Rice

Return to “General Discussion”