What Would God Do?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Barry

What Would God Do?

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 3:17 pm

WWGD?

Let's put this into a sci-fi movie context and say it's actually possible. If "God," i/e consciousness, a non-corporeal entity - THE non-corporeal entity - the combined spiritual, non-body, essense of ALL life in the universe...If God could personify...What would God do?

Would God get drunk?
Would God fuck?
Would God make love?
Would God bring peace?
Would God be peace?
Would God have wrath?
Would God protect?
Would God project?
Would God do whatever God thought was right?
Would God do whatever was necessary?
Would God LOVE?
Would God have kids?
Would God be a kid?
Would God be THE KID?
Would God kid?
Or would God be serious and state what's what and make no bones about it?
Would God stick to his guns?
Would God carry a gun?
Would God have to?
"What if God was one of us?"
What if God was ALL of us? Not just us on Earth, but all of us everywhere, in every time, living, dead, or otherwise?
What if?
What do YOU think God would do?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2009, 5:30 pm

"God," i/e consciousness, a non-corporeal entity - THE non-corporeal entity - the combined spiritual, non-body, essense of ALL life in the universe

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 6:37 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldavite

Some people get agitated while wearing or otherwise touching this stone. Others become calm and feel a sense of home. I'm one of the others. I'll never forget being at a gem show and having my hands buried wrist-deep in a flat of moldavite fragments. It was the greatest sense of calm, peace and home I ever experienced. I wear a moldavite pendant unlike any other I've ever seen. It's polished into a shape reminiscent of a shoe-horn. Most moldavite jewelry I've seen utilizes rough pieces much like that pictured in the wiki article. (Sometimes I suspect that a lot of this moldavite is made by melting down old 7-up bottles and throwing the molten material into a bucket of sand. I mean, how much moldavite can there be? The market for it is huge. And people lie and cheat all the time, right? Yet people claim they can "feel" it.)
Why am I bringing this up? Oh, I don't know...There's great fascination on Earth about things extraterrstrial. Scientists and New-Agers alike dispute the terrestrial or extraterrstrial make-up of moldavite. Some say it's entirely extraterrestrial. Some say it's entirely terrestrial. Others say it's a composite of both. The known facts are that there was an impact of an extraterrestrial object about 14 million years ago in what is now Germany. The Reis crater is the visible result. It's believed that all the moldavite in the world came from that impact, even though moldavite is found hundreds of miles away in what is now the Czech Republic. When a really big extraterrestrial object impacts the Earth, much molten material is ejected high into the atmosphere, and it solidifies in flight, raining down over a wide area, perhaps hundreds or thousands of miles away. Thank God none of us have ever seen this happen. For we would be lucky to have lived through it, no doubt.
I know a guy who claims he can't even touch moldavite. He says it shocks him like touching an electric fence if he does so. When we worked together, I used to have to get the jewelry out of the case for him to show people because he refused to touch it. Personally, I always thought this guy was full of shit, kind of a whack job, but who am I to judge? All I know is, moldavite never did that to me.
So what's moldavite got to do with this thread?
Once, somebody said to me, "Those who know don't talk; those who talk don't know." I never bought into that. I thought it was a bullshit way to preserve the status quo, keep power in the hands it's in. I thought, "It has come time to speak the Unspoken Thing." So I resolved to do so. I think it's fundamentally imperative that those who know talk, and that those who don't know listen. And I think that power is an ephemeral issue that really only matters to corporeal beings.
Speaking the Unspoken Thing is not a way to declare or maintain power.
Not speaking it is.

If you know, talk.
If you don't, listen.

Peace,
Barry
PS: Wear moldavite. Even if it shocks you.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2009, 6:58 pm

What would G* D say?

The only reason I ask is because I have sat in hundreds of Silent Meetings for worship.

Where a bunch of people sit waiting for the Holy Spirit to move them to speak.

I was hooked from the first meeting I went to in Baltimore where an old man got up to speak. He took his hat off and said

"Buy the truth, and sell it not"

Not sure why I brought this up, I think it had something to do with your description of the hypothetical G*d. It made me realize how religious I am. I could not get my head around your words at all. But don't worry about it. The people here who know more about what god is all agree I am an idiot.

My religion is Friendship

in Friendship
jt.

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 7:04 pm

God, the only God with any possibility of existence, would say, "I love you," and nothing more.

Know thyself.
Be thyself.
Love thyself.

For to do so is to know God.

Peace,
Barry

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » August 17th, 2009, 7:24 pm

And I said,
"To hell with God!"

And he said,
"Would you mock God?"

And I said,
"God is only mocked by believers!"
Anne Sexton
quoted here

General Laws of Massachusetts

I guess it is good that I am in Texas not Massachussetts I could be in a lot of trouble for writing this:

I am nothing if not rational.
So

Not to worry
God is on our side,
fuck it
God is on every bodies side.

I have heard somewhere that God used to have a wife, but he would come home drunk and beat the shit out of her so she left him. Poor god he ain't had no pussy since he laid that teen age Jewish virgin. Could it be sexual frustration on God's part.

My god is a mighty smitey god
a real man's man
tough as nails
Don't tread oh his cape

Took a Friend at a Quaker meeting to make me realize what the Jews were chosen for.

My people have been road kill on the road to Damascus.

I am very sick
I probably should delete this post
IS there anyone I have not offended with it.
I should be more respectful.

If it is any consolation to my christian friends I will probably burn in hell for it. Unless god has a sense of humor. Then I might get a gig in heaven yet. Maybe even see lenny bruce there.
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » August 17th, 2009, 7:28 pm

RE:
Stillstanding Mountain

One of the things I am waiting for is Obama to do something about mountain top removal mining for coal.
Last edited by tinkerjack on August 17th, 2009, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free rice

I used to be smart

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 7:29 pm

God not only has a wicked sense of humor, but he's a gambler to boot. Dig on that for awhile, bro.

Peace,
Barry

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2009, 7:38 pm

You know more about god than i do.

I just do the best I can. I think gravity is wicked. It is so perfect how things work out how I reap what I sow.

That bit above was from something I wrote about about the practice of mountain top removal.

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... 201#105201

love peace and taco grease from deep in the heart of Texas.
in friendship
jt

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 7:42 pm

Hey, friend, if you look around at life long enough, you gotta see that God surely must have a wicked sense of humor. Wicked like us humans have, like the parents living behind me I've heard laughing when their little kid falls down, because what else can you do? You laugh uncomfortably, like a primate smiling, and pick the kid up and give what comfort you can, knowing full well the kid will only fall down again.
You're not as dumb as you think. I know you get this.

Peace,
Barry

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2009, 7:49 pm

I probably have not lived long enough Barry.

I am only sixty eight years old

I thought Cecil said it well, he took what Norbert Wiener said and put it in his own words.
this word/concept we call 'god' cannot be intellectualized. but our intellects continue to attempt to intellectualize something which is much greater than our intelligence.

this i call: over-intellectualizing.

aliens from other constellations will find it child's play to destroy we humans - simply play with our intellect... as they have done for centuries.

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Understanding God is a non-thinking process. Much like understanding anything in life. You just do.

Peace,
Barry
PS: And if you think you don't, you still do.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 17th, 2009, 8:04 pm

I hope someone will continue this thread who is not as literal minded as me.

I am a word freak, an idiot savant maybe

Whatever I am, I am not quite right.

I will back on out of here now and hope you get some better replies to your post.

Nazz

Post by Nazz » August 17th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Probably, all of the above. Some sorta cosmic mambo, I guess. One time I wrote something about reaching out to touch a lover, and she was anti-matter, and there was a big bang and everything started over again. Not sure what that has to do with this thread. Just made me think of that one for some reason. Ha.

Barry

Post by Barry » August 17th, 2009, 9:46 pm

some sorta cosmic mambo...
God, I love that. :) I can see him doin' it now.

Peace, brother,
Barry
PS: And just incidently, I once thought of but never wrote a story about Jesus - you know, the son of God - coming back to Earth and being drunk in a bar going around asking women, "Have you ever had the son go down on you?" I always wanted to write the story just to use that line.

Return to “General Discussion”