A miracle has been committed

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Scootertrash

A miracle has been committed

Post by Scootertrash » August 29th, 2009, 1:35 am

I've had this damn computer for over a year and it's never let me log in here-I'm too dumb to learn why or how, but then the other day it let me in and tonight it did too. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi to everybody and hope you're all doing good...jeeezus, it's been a long time....used to look in here on my laptop but that thing is such a hunk of junk that doing complicated operations with it like looking at websites was too much of a strain.
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » August 29th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Well look whut the cat dragged in!
How's life out in your big bad world these days????

H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

sooZen

Post by sooZen » August 29th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Amazing, miracles happen all the time, I guess. Howdy's to all of yous.

judih said she is having trouble logging in too. Must be catching.
Freedom's just another word...

http://soozen.livejournal.com/

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » August 29th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Well I'm back and bad as ever, oh yes. I had to log in....doesnt do it automatically but I aint bitchen....'cept I just came outta the kitchen where I'm in this prolonged snail cleaning operation...guhhh...my back is killing me..I dunno why I bother..old habits die hard or something....

hope everybody I've sort'a dropped contact with is fine and all that....

Me? I'm good enough-not getting any younger but who the fuck is? I work full time and try and ride my bike a lot-live in an attic appartment with a scrumptious view with an old dog who is a fur factory that deposits a fresh crop on the carpets every few hours. I cuss a lot because I am a grumpy old geeezer and I sit in the hot tub a lot.
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Nazz

Post by Nazz » August 30th, 2009, 1:41 am

Hey Scoot, where ya been?
Snorkeling the tide flats or something?
Welcome back. And thanks for those Dylan records.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 30th, 2009, 11:26 am

Howdy. JF... good to see you're still kickin'. If you read this you'll know I'm doing the same... kickin'.. no butt, no footballs or soccer balls, but kickin anyhoo.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 31st, 2009, 12:10 pm

I believe in miracles, I do believe in miracles.

Good to see you are still kicking

Say did I ever tell you the joke about a Jew and a pizza?

Take care of yourself

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 31st, 2009, 1:12 pm

Hey Jim! Great to see you! Glad you stopped by!

One one computer, I have to log in 2x in order for it to take. On another one, seems to work fine. So I'm not sure if it has to do with the site software but I'm inclined to believe no, since one of them logs in first time. Probably browser issues.

Anyway, glad you finally got in and it's great to hear you're doing well!

Don't be a stranger. ;)

Jacob

Post by Jacob » August 31st, 2009, 6:00 pm

When computers fail and do what they aren't supposed to.
A sad thing indeed.
May your good luck continue with you, and be computer bug free. :)

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » September 1st, 2009, 2:27 am

hester_prynne wrote:Well look whut the cat dragged in!
How's life out in your big bad world these days????

H 8)
Oy vey, life is passing me by, oh yes...same ol' drudgery and toil of workin' for whitey and the man keepin' me down--you know what I'm talkin' bout--- actually sometimes find myself thinking, "Gosh, I wish I was old enough to collect Social Security", but when that little reverie has quickly gone past tense, I mentally slam my forehead into the desk and let the hard cold meaning of life bore through my brain like a......like a..... like methed out hornet bores through grape jelly...or something..
Anyway, guhh....I did score tickets for the Paolo Nutini show coming to PDX-That will prolly finish me off if I go...It's a tight venue- I think he is very good but I'm damn near 60 fucking years old and the idea of being in a room with a lot of youngsters just doesnt have the appeal it once had...
sooZen wrote:Amazing, miracles happen all the time, I guess. Howdy's to all of yous.

judih said she is having trouble logging in too. Must be catching.
So nice to "see" you again, Sooz-really....you've always been so kind to me.... and funny- Jeez, it's been awhile...time seem to go by in chunks lately..it's been 8 years since started jivin' w/you, Cec and the others over on the old LKs..guess it could be worse-I could say I have been on the computer solid for those 8....(oh wait, maybe you're not old enough to remember what life was like before the internet :)
Nazz wrote:Hey Scoot, where ya been?
Snorkeling the tide flats or something?
Welcome back. And thanks for those Dylan records.
Yo Nazzer my Bazzer....you're welcome...as for the tide flatting? As a matter of fact been doing some of that...one of these days I'll get some pics....bad memory combined with an instinct that salt water and digital cameras arent compatible so far has kept me from documenting these daring at dawn fight to the death adventures into the tide pools of the Pacific for a little mano y mano with brooding armored crustaceans....
mtmynd wrote:Howdy. JF... good to see you're still kickin'. If you read this you'll know I'm doing the same... kickin'.. no butt, no footballs or soccer balls, but kickin anyhoo.
Ahh, yes...the man hisself!....kick it daddyo go baby go..the kick IS THE kick..yeah...doesn't matter what's getting kicked, man, that's it's shit to deal with--All I gotta worry about is gettin' my kicks..uhhh, well that and workin' for whitey and being kept down by the man...and dog hair. You need any dog hair?

Now I gotta turn in....I'll catch up with the rest of you far out cats and kittens later...
Check One:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 1st, 2009, 5:06 am

I always admired the way the Spartans dealt with the old and the infirm. They did not need no stinkin social security.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 4th, 2009, 9:33 pm

if scooter can do it, i can do it, i said to myself
everyday i'd say it again
and lo and behold the day has arrived
and i say YO to miracles
for i have seen the light

hey scooter - don't put a hole in your desktop
leave that head in its due position high and proud
you've made it this far - dylan, hip and beat, with some dead for seasoning
almost 60 is the new almost 40 (hmmm, that doesn't seem to sound as good as it's supposed to sound) - but what i mean is, i still feel like a kid, so that's a start.

to sum up this slightly demented greeting, good to see you and may the cookies allow re-entry once more.

judih

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 5th, 2009, 11:00 am

The "forlorn rags of old age" are not for sissies scooter. How did Kerouac get to be so old at the tender age of 47? Longevity does have its blessings.
I don't mind so much that I used to be circumcised but the fact that I am two inches shorter than I used to be shocked me. The disks in my spine are compressed. The pain comes and goes.

I been thinking about writing a parody of a Jimmy Buffett Song. Call it A Pirate Looks at Seventy. I still think of Ilwaco on foggy misty June mornings. I have stored up eidetic images like a deck of Tarot cards that I deal myself in times of pain when I need something to take my mind away. The Snow flakes big as hubcaps falling on Monarch Pass, Colorado a sailboat cutting through the water on a warm December day near Annapolis Maryland.

I have a very sick sense of humor. Sorry I mentioned that joke.

Return to “General Discussion”