it's a crimean shame...

Go ahead. Talk about it.
mtmynd

it's a crimean shame...

Post by mtmynd » March 17th, 2014, 8:29 pm

.... that some 97% of the population voted to join their homeland, Russia.

What should the world do to stop that democratic (?) vote? We all know that this is a rigged election, don't we..?

mnaz

Re: it's a crimean shame...

Post by mnaz » March 18th, 2014, 1:05 pm

it's all rigged. to some degree, at least. the 2000 u.s. election was rigged. vietnam was rigged. iraq was rigged. go right on down the line (twain had plenty to say on this subject). the global imperial power mafia structures have been effing with things since forever. sweet freedom ....

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 18th, 2014, 1:26 pm

you're right, though. it's a shame.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 18th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Putin & Co say they are doing only what's right for their people.

On the flip-side, Obama and the U.N. say Russia has no right to run an election to vote on turning Crimea over to Russian control.

I've heard today that Russia pretty much has done whatever they want no matter who the President is, which includes Eisenhower, Reagan, G.W. Bush, G.D. Bush and now Obama. These men know they had no choice in the matter other than bitch about it. Going to war would be foolish under any circumstances throughout that history... and guess what? war was never waged and life went on.

I currently under the belief leave Russia to take care of THEIR problem. It's not the first time they intruded into other countries and possibly won't be the last. As long as they deal with what once was their territories, as long as the people's majority don't give a shit and want to be under Russian authority, who am I to disagree?

All this blathering over this situation gets nobody anywhere other than releasing their feelings to whoever will listen. But I'm pretty fed up with most media and politicos not believing anything Putin or the Russian gov't says. Who really knows if 97% wanted to go Russian, being the majority...? Prove it's b.s. before they start calling them liars. Don't we all agree as Americans that you are innocent until proven guilty..? Why not hold Russia to that same standard and stop with the cheap shots as if all Russians are liars and cheats. That attitude helps nobody, IMHO....

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 18th, 2014, 6:19 pm

that's about how I see it too.

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » March 19th, 2014, 12:29 pm

For more info on the Crimea, see my thread in my Column, "Life in the Horse Lane", 8)
See link: http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=26762

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 19th, 2014, 12:36 pm

and guess what? war was never waged and life went on.
sure everything is cool :wink:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 11th, 2014, 10:52 pm

the Russian catastrophe he talks about
it is true, as the German Catastrophe in 1919
both times western capitalists were there to cash in on the misery

Why the fuck should the Russian people believe us?
Oh yeah we are the good guys.
Yes, we still are compared to what the communists did to Russia

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 13th, 2014, 2:58 pm

in perusing the news like a stratocumulus cloud, i observe many Russian supporters eager to shift the present gov't of Ukraine to Russian control, even if it requires force. Their mission is clear, they are Russian in their hearts and soul and they desire Mother Russia to govern them and not the Ukrainian government which appears weak and at the mercy of the U.S. and NATO.

What these demonstrators, who mask themselves so not to be recognized (how proud is that?), don't say is what about those who are contented with the Ukraine as it is? Are they to be ignored or even dismissed if not eliminated?

Where is the "Mighty Putin" and what does he say about this? He really is a little insecure man with a distorted view of himself which was encouraged while he grew up in the government of the USSR, more specifically the KGB. He's once again out to prove his self-worth to his countrymen and to the world at large. This is what creates the instability that other nations are so concerned about. History books are filled with dangerous leaders with gigantic egos and little minds, only concerned with their own fragile image to their country and the world.

No matter how many words are wasted over this most delicate situation, it appears to me Russia will succeed at proving to the world that they ALSO are a "Super Power" and will continue bullying the countries surrounding Russia's border until someone steps up and challenges his self-importance and puts him in his place in regards to international importance.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 13th, 2014, 3:48 pm

I like Obama, something about a Nobel peace prize winner that endears him to my heart.

Yeah somebody needs to stand up to Putin. Since we are responsible for so much of it I guess it might as well be us. Personally I just want to nuke the bastards and get it over with once in for all. I yearn for the days of peace and plenty when the world was safe for democracy once again thanks to our Wilsonian state department

Don't listen to them Barry, what would Henry do, well maybe not Kissinger, I was thinking Miller.

I had a buddy from England once, he told me that Russians and Americans look alike in a crowd. I only met other other Russian besides my dad, and he was not crazy, seemed like a good guy.

I have visions of Putin singing "I fell pretty..." to Angela Merkle.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 13th, 2014, 4:37 pm

I take up arms against a sea of
I have met my enemy
and all I have to fear is me
when I arm myself
I arm my enemy
friends come and go
enemies accumulate
forearmed is forewarned

What you going to do about it :lol:

Unk

Post by Unk » April 13th, 2014, 5:12 pm

if the world knew
If I knew
if you knew
but that lucky old river he don't know nothin

ten four "cosmic dust in the wind"
Freewill, foreknowledge, and fate
a fragment
by Edward Search.
https://archive.org/stream/freewillfore ... 5/mode/2up
the bar sounds like a plan 8)
me "I'm going down rocking or I ain't going down at all"

If I knew the other half I would probably be scared shitless,
they got to protect me from my fears
that's the the power of nightmares
Last edited by Unk on May 6th, 2014, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanks dino

Unk

Post by Unk » May 6th, 2014, 7:07 pm

I don't know why people I have never met want to kill me as a sacrifice to their war gods, :cry:

I can think of a lot of countries I am banned from, Cuba bothers the most, love to go there sometime, hell I would be thrilled to see Key West one time before I go.

but if you ain't been banned on litkicks you ain't one of us 8)

ten four on your own game
it's the only game in town
so we don't complain about our chances

Who's to bless and who's to blame
thanks dino

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 16th, 2014, 11:13 am

UsernameWitheld wrote:... but if the world knew half of what it didn't know it would be hopping mad that it didn't know it.
This suggests you may know a bit more than the world. If this is fact let me ask what this knowledge has done for you that it doesn't do for the undereducated? Is your laughter louder, from the heart? Has your health improved by leaps and bounds? Perhaps your friends and acquaintances have what... doubled prior to gaining this knowledge?

I look forward to your answer, amigo, since we are all seeking better lives than what we have, regardless of what we currently have. Perhaps you have discovered a key that we all may share in it's magic to improve the condition of this struggling crippled world we all live in.

Gracias.

Atehequa

Post by Atehequa » August 5th, 2014, 6:06 pm

mtmynd wrote:.... that some 97% of the population voted to join their homeland, Russia.

What should the world do to stop that democratic (?) vote? We all know that this is a rigged election, don't we..?
Are you sure this is a good topic to present? There could be Russians reading who may get offended. You know the same reason people in other lands who at this very time are committing atrocities choose not to speak of what their leaders and military are doing.

Return to “General Discussion”