i'm still in awe ...

Go ahead. Talk about it.
mnaz

i'm still in awe ...

Post by mnaz » March 18th, 2014, 8:10 pm

of that first jam session we had here on the eight. the "kick out da word" jam. check it out some time on the "online jam session" board.

cecil and soo were amazing in that one .... everyone was groovin'

still.trucking

Re: i'm still in awe ...

Post by still.trucking » March 19th, 2014, 1:29 pm

I will as soon as I can find it again. I am in awe of studio eight, constantly, sometimes I worry if I am having too much fun here.

Doreen has done a hell of a job with the board index, it is clean and mean, but it runs deep 8)

I got to find it again.

A lot of good stuff I thought was lost is still here, you just got to know where to look for it. she got a better business model than brooklyn if you ask me. But I have heard that he put everything back all those amazing threads. More power to him if he has.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mnaz

Post by mnaz » March 19th, 2014, 2:32 pm

last time I checked (a couple days ago), you can click on an "archives" button and revisit those amazing boards and threads. levi brought them back for us to revisit. cool ...

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » March 19th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Last edited by still.trucking on March 19th, 2014, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 19th, 2014, 3:54 pm

I went thru those archives only last week. Many memories of some fine writings and discussions by names I had forgotten about.

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » March 19th, 2014, 4:07 pm

I almost never go there anymore. I got tired of getting blank pages.

I checked out the archive link, what the hell is that Roget's Thesaurus. :roll:

Sorry I just don't see how I would ever find the thread I was looking from from there

for example where would I find this thread: yabyum wrote to firecracker:
"I know the location of every crumb of happiness that has fallen through the cracks"
It would have been nice if he kept boards, but he don't owe me anything, 8)
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 19th, 2014, 4:33 pm

yeah, it would be difficult to locate certain sentences (per yr example). One would have to know the Board it was posted to and roughly the date... and those two things are hard if not impossible to locate, our memory ranking in the CSR category. ;)

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » March 19th, 2014, 4:45 pm

I don't mind searching through boards. But the boards are not posted yet. The only thing posted so far is Articles.
I guess we will have to wait on brooklyn for Action Poetry and Mindless Chatter
that is where I think I read that bit by yabyum.
Old Message Boards: From January 2001 to July 2004, we ran a variety of message boards, which are now archived.

(More archive pages coming very soon!
Be nice if the format could be preserved, I loved the way those threads twisted and curved.
Free Rice

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 19th, 2014, 5:49 pm

gracias for bringing the first s-8 jam to light again, mnaz! :D : I´ll try the re-reading later.

& bravo for levi & the memory-tons!!!!!! :D Sure it´s not easy job to rescue that...! :lol:

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 19th, 2014, 7:50 pm

zero_hero wrote: The only thing posted so far is Articles.

I guess we will have to wait on brooklyn for Action Poetry and Mindless Chatter
that is where I think I read that bit by yabyum.

Have you been to - http://www.litkicks.com/BoardArchive/ ?

Action Poetry is on the list, but Mindless Chatter..? there is Utterances... maybe what you were looking for..?

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » March 19th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Yes, thank you.
Free Rice

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » March 19th, 2014, 9:20 pm

zero_hero wrote:Yes, thank you.
happy to be of assistance, amigo.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 19th, 2014, 9:54 pm

It's accessible right on the front page... All the Jams are. .... The forum is called ONLINE JAM SESSION .... under the Creative Writing Category. All the scheduled jams are all numbered, dated and archived:

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=22
onlinejamsession.png

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » March 19th, 2014, 10:05 pm

I LOVE the litkicks archives, however, you can't search them and you can't click replies to see all the replies. You can click ONE reply, but not the ones that replied after that reply. You have to go back to the top of that month/year for each forum, clicking your back button, in order to read all the replies as they originally were.

Still, I'm grateful Levi restored all those posts. It's on my To Do list to spend hours trying to find my own writing and saving some of the best I've written which was during those years and written spontaneously. It's a daunting task but I have to do it because I didn't save a lot of it.

Clicking the back button to go back to the month/year/forum and trying to find your own posts without being able to search your name.... well, it could take hours. I'm willing to invest that time but when is the question. I haven't had time since he restored the archives. It will be extremely time consuming because of the lack of ability to search for your own name and the need to go backwards to the month/year/forum and scroll down to look for your own name.

Don't get me wrong.. I'd LOVE to read ALL the posts in all the threads by other people, too, of course. There was some GREAT writing in there written by many fine writers!

It's just that clicking the back button to get to the top of that month and without a search engine for what you're looking for... well, you could be lost in there for hours. Many hours.

But believe me... I am VERY grateful Levi restored all those posts. One day I'll find the time to peruse all the years I spent there on all of the forums but I don't know when.

Life is a jet plane. Whoooosh! Time goes by so quickly... and there's simply not enough time to find everything I was too stupid to save. ;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 20th, 2014, 11:28 am

I don't like going where I am not welcome. I am a litkick orphan. I got no complaint though, I had it coming. I am not the man I was thanks to that Flame Board there, or as I called it, my zen board.

BTW
my crack about Levi's business model is kind of a joke, because he said he did not have one. But of course he did, and I can see why I did not fit in.

Thank you for everything you do here. For someone I never met you seem to be very important factor in my life

spontaneous trying not to think back over what I just wrote, kind of a free association spirit game

studio eight like a life line to me
I can't imagine life without it.

Try the new studio eight diet
I lost fifty pounds on it

Return to “General Discussion”