Poetry Reading Tribute to Dino - 10/25/2014

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Poetry Reading Tribute to Dino - 10/25/2014

Post by Doreen Peri » October 27th, 2014, 12:42 am

I attended the poetry reading in tribute to Dino (Constantine Pantazonis) on Saturday, 10/25/2014, at his sister, Nina's house, in the countryside right outside of Baltimore.

I was so very honored to participate and read a few of Dino's poems. There were many people there, family and friends, his mother, his brother, his son.... plus several poets including SAW (Steve Weaver), Carol Bindel, Scott Emel, Keith Hamilton, Dave Eberhardt, and Dan Cuddy (theirishsea). Teri (Dino's partner for many years) was able to attend via phone.

Most of the above poets have posted here on Studio8 and some of you may also know them from the Poetry in Baltimore site or Arcanum Cafe.

We had a lovely time gathering and socializing to remember Dino, eating delicious foods, and then we spent 2 hours reading Dino's poetry aloud.

This Memorial event was one of the most memorable tributes I have ever attended. After hearing Dino's poetry read from so many voices, I feel like I've known him for many more years than the 8 or 9 years I knew him. I very much wish I had had the opportunity to know him in person through the years. I only met him once in person.

Dino was so witty and his poetry quite eclectic, ranging from laugh-aloud funny to poignant with multiple levels of meaning. He was a fine poet... and a dear friend to many.

It was wonderful to meet Dino's sister who worked tirelessly to organize this event, to listen to her read her brother's poetry (some of which he wrote when he was only a child), and to hear Steve, Dan, Carol, Keith, Scott, and Dave read Dino's works. (Plus Teri who read over the telephone for all to hear).

Again, I was honored to be there to read a few of Dino's pieces and I just wanted to let you all know how special this event was. At Studio8, Dino touched our lives.... and even though many of you never had the opportunity to meet him, you KNEW him through his poetry.

I laughed aloud .... I cried... and I felt the love permeate his sister's home.

I wish you all could have been there. Please visit Dino's memorial forum at the bottom of the Studio8 main page and read some of his works when you have time. Dino will always be Mr. Poet.... our poet... our friend.

judih
Site Admin

Re: Poetry Reading Tribute to Dino - 10/25/2014

Post by judih » October 27th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Thanks, Doreen, for letting us glimpse the event and feel the energy along with you.
He was a unique voice, no doubt.
r.i.p. and let his poetry ripple on

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » October 27th, 2014, 7:41 pm

so great that you could go, Doreen (also saw, theirishsea & dave) & you know we all were there (somehow) along with you!! Gracias for writing about it! :)

Nineetsa

Post by Nineetsa » October 28th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Thank you for loving, kind words :D

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 30th, 2014, 3:24 am

♥ Nina ♥

You are so beautiful!
Thank you for inviting me into your world...
I loved your brother's poetry and his heart.

Return to “General Discussion”