Photography / Artwork

Go ahead. Talk about it.
68degrees

Photography / Artwork

Post by 68degrees » November 14th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Not sure this is where I should post this but...

just wanted to let folks know how much I appreciate the multitude of artwork that spins throughout this site. Refreshing. And I look forward to seeing what pops up.

68degrees

WIREMAN

Re: Photography / Artwork

Post by WIREMAN » November 14th, 2014, 7:40 pm

cool observation....there are some amazing visualists here....it goes hand in hand with being a writer.....even picasso found time to do some writing... 8)
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2014, 4:47 pm

68degrees.... Glad you like the rotating banners. I was on a roll for several years making the banners from the photography and artwork of members. I haven't created any new ones for a while.... Wes sent me one recently and I need to remember how to log-in to upload it. I forgot how to do it. Hah!

Anyway, there's something like 370 total banners... something like that. There are seasonal ones, too, so the winter ones will start coming in Dec 21st....The autumn ones are rotating in there now. My son wrote the code to make this work. Yay!

I used to change them manually once a day so every day there would be a different one, but I like this better with the way they change with every click or refresh or post.

Thanks to all the members for their contributions! And again, thanks for liking them.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2014, 4:48 pm

PS... to Mark.... I didn't know Picasso was a writer.... Interesting! Now I want to read his writings. ;)

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 15th, 2014, 5:51 pm

its easy to find online....i found it out recently, although i knew he preferred the company of poets.....did u see the picasso gang movie?
Attachments
image.jpg

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 15th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Wow! How cool is that? He stopped painting entirely and started writing poetry instead? Who knew? I guess you did... and Wikipedia. ;) Thanks for that, Mark.... Going to go read some of his stuff.

No, never saw that movie.. is that the title of it? I need to look for it.

As I've been accidentally forced into early retirement (unfortunately, though I hope to change that if I can), I have a lot of time watch movies. I like watching them because it's a great escape from worrying about the money I'm not earning. hah :roll:

:mrgreen:

WIREMAN

Post by WIREMAN » November 16th, 2014, 3:30 am

yeah "The Picasso Gang"....its a french movie and i was pleasantly surprised by it.....Modigliani is another good artists movie, it stars andy garcia who is awesome in the role....picasso is a main character in movie...its on youtube in like 15 parts for free, the picasso gang is 2012 i got it on amazon instant video...its about his pre ww1 times in paris, very light yet not a comedy...modigliani is dark but really good....klimt with john malkovich is good artist movie but dark too...

68degrees

Post by 68degrees » November 16th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Well, they're all new to me. Like I said, I like 'em.

68degrees

Artguy

Post by Artguy » November 17th, 2014, 7:41 pm

"Drink to me drink to my health you know I can't drink anymore..." the last words of Maestro...

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 25th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Artguy wrote:"Drink to me drink to my health you know I can't drink anymore..." the last words of Maestro...
nice sendoff to himself for himself with all the others holding high their glasses...salud!

Return to “General Discussion”