Hypatia

Post by Hypatia » January 6th, 2019, 9:40 pm

2019 and everybody is doing the monkey doodle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTPFjTaAS5s
I used to be smart.

zero_hero

Re: 2019

Post by zero_hero » January 7th, 2019, 8:57 pm

John Dos Passos you wrote my life. I am in a time warp, it is still 1919 where I am, and I am still clinging to the notion that it is good to be alive. a thing called living, cause if six was nine I don't care if history is like clockwork, this happened and then that happened, and the words end with a bang or a wimp out. I am an easy rider these days be_ cause I know I blew it; even so, amor fati, yeah :!: like I knew what Nitschke :wink: meant :wink:

monkey doodle, everything sounds like monkey doodle, make the world safe for democracy, make the war great again.

Well, here it is tax season again. I signed up for Spotify™, going to take a lot of music to get me through the next couple of months, do you think I might be stoned while I am writing this :P
Last edited by zero_hero on March 23rd, 2019, 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » January 9th, 2019, 11:50 pm

“Ignorance is king. Many would not profit by his abdication. Many enrich themselves by means of his dark monarchy. They are his Court, and in his name they defraud and govern, enrich themselves and perpetuate their power.”
Walter M. Miller Jr., A Canticle for Leibowitz
I love this land, this native land, this land that has been good to my family, was it ever any better than it is now?

I think it has always been this way, at least since the Europeans got here. Some people say history took a wrong turn ten thousand years ago. Personally, I think it went wrong way before that, we never should have come down from the trees.

“Many were increasingly of the opinion that they’d all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.”

Douglas Adams
free rice

I used to be smart

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 10th, 2019, 1:51 am

OK, cool! So what would you like to talk about? :D

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 10th, 2019, 2:23 am

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 10th, 2019, 10:51 am

Is there an adult in the room?
Jesus H. Christ
Give him the got dot damn wall
Me and Nancy Pelosi walked the same streets in Little 'Itly' back in the forties

sorry about those user names, just a bad habit with me these days :oops:

Hope you are okay, me? I am just trying to maintain body heat. I got them Eva Shapiro X chromosome chills
In winter she wore five or six dresses and a couple of overcoats, for some reason she always reminds me of what's her face? ............Gertrude Stein...Never forget that house she is standing in front of, it was on Eastern avenue back in Baltimore. Perched in the no man's land between the black ghetto and little 'Itly'
bubbie.jpg
reading with my eyes closed painting. . .
random quote of the day

thanks for studio eight, a warm fuzzy place for me on a cold damp moring

MrGuilty

Post by MrGuilty » January 13th, 2019, 12:05 am

1973 Carnegie Mellon campus, Pittsburgh.

I was a hanger-on around campus and some college kids were telling me I needed to see the patterns in my life.

Flash forward to 2019

I am my own patternmaker
when I connect my brain to this keyboard

Trump
Lions and Tigers and bears oh my
"It is not the end of the world, it is just the middle of the night"—LW3

Life after Trump, I can't imagine that is my problem
no not the end of the world, just a proponderance of the preposterous, absurdities abound.

I sure hope I don't start smoking again this tax season, the pattern has not been pretty the past couple of winters.
I used to be smart

Free Rice

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » October 3rd, 2019, 10:14 pm

2020 tax season returns
Carnegie Mellon daze
vice is nice but incest is best

she had baby sisters raven locks and emerald eyes
instant soul mate bonding
Shakespeare could say it better
in a love sonnet
was like looking at myself in another's eyes.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » October 12th, 2019, 12:23 am

A snark ku?

Saying something,
The lip feel cold.
The Autum wind.

Basho
He fully knew that poetry was useless from a practical point of view; he once said, "Poetry is like a fireplace in summer or a fan in winter."3 But he also knew that poetry, as well as other arts, was of infinite importance in life because it would nurture the "poetic spirit" in man. ............
Basho believes that there are two types of men: those who possess the poetic spirit and those who do not. What is the poetic spirit? As Basho explains it in this passage and elsewhere, it is a spirit that seeks beauty in nature, which tries to escape from the collisions of everyday life. Anyone who wishes to become a happy artist should strive to gain this spirit, because it is in this way that he learns to assume an aesthetic attitude toward life. If he takes this attitude, he will become indifferent to material interest; he will look at life in the same manner as he looks at a ...

This content downloaded from 216.82.145.222 on Sat, 12 Oct 2019 04:52:27 UTCAll use subject to https://about.jstor.org/terms
424 MAKOTO

JOURNAL ARTICLE
Bashō and the Poetics of "Haiku"
Makoto Ueda
The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, Vol. 21, No. 4 (Summer, 1963), pp. 423-431
Topics: Haiku, Classical poetry, Loneliness, Stanzas, Nature, Sabi, Inspiration, Sadness, Symbolist poetry
Cite this Item
Ueda, Makoto. “Bashō and the Poetics of ‘Haiku.’” The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, vol. 21, no. 4, 1963, pp. 423–431. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/427098.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Return to “General Discussion”