1967 - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

Go ahead. Talk about it.
mtmynd

1967 - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

Post by mtmynd » April 16th, 2020, 4:18 pm

A little remembrance of those Golden Days. Neve to be forgotten if you were there or wished you were.

Those o' so special days of what came to be commonly known as the Hippies, even though this same year, in the fall, these “hippies” conducted a ceremonious funeral, complete with a coffin, for the “Death of the Hippie”, so annoyed with the media of the time that pushed that label on the public. People from that era had many shared values never called themselves 'hippies' only referring to each other as “heads”, “freaks”, and the occasional “pilgrim” but never 'hippie'. As some time passed, we finally conceded and would call each other the 'H' name, but only kiddingly. The media won by the public acceptance. Some things never change.

Allow not destiny to intrude upon Now

jackofnightmares

Re: 1967 - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

Post by jackofnightmares » April 17th, 2020, 1:43 am

1959 and I was wishing I was a beatnik.

somethings never change? I have read that the only thing that never changes is Jesus Christ. But I don't think you meant that :lol:
I have also read that change is constant, maybe the only one.
The media is on a winning streak. I think we need another amendment to the bill of rights.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

mnaz

Re: 1967 - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA

Post by mnaz » April 20th, 2020, 3:50 pm

Interesting story. I never realized that aspect of the name. Btw, "pilgrim" makes me think of John Wayne for some reason (in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, I think) ... "Easy there, Pilgrim"...

Return to “General Discussion”