"He acts like he has no family"

Go ahead. Talk about it.
still.trucking

"He acts like he has no family"

Post by still.trucking » June 12th, 2020, 2:45 pm

:Navajo proverb from a Tony Hillerman novel
Raised Jewish, Zuckerberg once identified as an atheist, yet has since revised his views. In 2016, he said: "I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."
...wiki
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Re: "He acts like he has no family"

Post by stilltrucking » June 13th, 2020, 10:24 am

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said last week that the company is reviewing its policies, including rules that allow for the discussion about the use of state force. Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan said in a letter posted to Twitter on Thursday that they're "deeply shaken and disgusted" by Trump's "divisive and incendiary rhetoric."
I been looking for a post about Facebook™ somewhere on s8, can't remember what board, poetry or discussion, but I do remember the author's name :oops:

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » June 14th, 2020, 9:10 am

The Wall Street Journal had a chilling report a few days ago that Facebook’s own research in 2018 revealed that “our algorithms exploit the human brain’s attraction to divisiveness. If left unchecked,” Facebook would feed users “more and more divisive content in an effort to gain user attention & increase time on the platform.”

Mark Zuckerberg shelved the research.
By Maureen Dowd
Opinion Columnist
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 16th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Of course he did. Facebook is evil.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 16th, 2020, 10:09 pm

stilltrucking wrote:
I been looking for a post about Facebook™ somewhere on s8, can't remember what board, poetry or discussion, but I do remember the author's name :oops:
It was a post by mnaz about "the platform"

Facebook is Jewish
Steve Zuckerman is a dydybbuk (Yiddish: word for algorithm .

I can't be any better than I recognize
they say bill gates is evil, and John D Rockefeller was too
I have heard it said that hip capitalism is pig capitalism

thanks for answering my shout out 8)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 16th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Creepbook is an empowered entity

entities are spooky things
uncanny?

the empowered entity in the white house

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » June 16th, 2020, 11:59 pm

one flew east, one flew west, one flew over the...
Chief Broom speaks, "But it's the truth even if it didn't happen"
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mnaz

Post by mnaz » June 18th, 2020, 5:00 am

The Age of Information. What foolish false hopes I had for it. Ages of Fear, and built-in ignorance. It goes back 5000 years if you count the Bible. I guess the key is to not think too much about shit, because that shit just multiplies and you still need to feed the machine the next morning when you get up, and time and populations get away from us sometimes, never to be heard from again, and the least anyone can do is try to remember when compassion or empathy at least seemed somewhat reasonable..

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » June 18th, 2020, 9:55 am

what foolish false hopes I have for redemption
remember ~k?
I always thought
redemption was a given

30 years from anything

we are like clocks struck dumb
a harsh and bitter chord that
sends it's ripple down
tomorrow's spine

we are like her friends
a portrait of enchanted
intentions

past like rivers
hold forever
spellbound
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 19th, 2020, 2:34 pm

Spinoza would say he is not evil, he is coy about his ethics.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 21st, 2020, 11:00 pm

Cut & Paste:

THE MEDIA EQUATION
What’s Facebook’s Deal With Donald Trump?

“Mark’s deal with Trump is highly utilitarian,” he said. “It’s basically about getting free rein and protection from regulation. Trump needs Facebook’s thumb on the scale to win this election.”

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 13th, 2020, 3:59 pm

FACTS... some facts to ponder -

[Note: How many employees does Facebook currently have: 48,268 as of March 31, 2020, an increase of 28% year-over-year.

What is the mission of Facebook: “Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.”

#1 -1.73 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for March 2020. This represents an 11 percent increase in year-over-year.The world population is currently :: "In demographics, the world population is the total number of humans currently living, and was estimated to have reached 7.8 billion people as of March 2020. It took over 200,000 years of human history for the world's population to reach 1 billion, and only 200 years more to reach 7 billion.

#2-Core Datapoints Review & Updated June 22, 2020 based upon Facebook’s official investor relations information.

Core Message/Takeaway: There are nearly 3 billion people actively using Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Messenger each month.

That includes:: 2.6 billion people using Facebook alone, and more than 2.3 billion people using at least one of their services every day.

#3 - Worldwide, there are over 2.6 billion monthly active users (MAUs) as of March 31 2020. This is a 10 percent increase in Facebook MAUs year-over-year. This is compared to 2.38 billion MAUs for Q1 2019 and 2.38 billion MAUs for December 2019. (Source: Facebook 04/29/2020) Facebook is simply too big to ignore as an on-going part of your digital marketing communications program. Not including Instagram, WhatsApp or other properties.

#4 - 1.73 billion people on average log onto Facebook daily and are considered daily active users (Facebook DAU) for March 2020. This represents an 11 percent increase in year-over-year.

Repeat: It took over 200,000 years of human history for the world's population to reach 1 billion, and only 200 years more to reach 7 billion.

Why did I post this? It seems a futile, waste of one's energy to "HATE" Facebook and what other social media the own. With these facts one cannot refute these numbers are the numbers of the largest social network in the world... and to note:: not by force are the "members" of Facebook and other FB social nets. People use it because it is largely free and in the 21stC, doing exactly what many of us at first "dreamed of" is the current "beholders of the Age of Information"... without doubt.

Hate Zukerberg..? He only provided the tools. It is up to the people what they want to have available to all 2.6 Billion of us. It seems if people choose to hate... they must hate themselves... not Zukerburg.

#5 - NEW. Family Monthly Active People (MAP) was 2.99 billion as of March 31, 2020, an increase of 11 percent year-over-year. This is compared to 2.89 billion for December 31, 2019, which was an increase of 9 percent year-over-year.

Armed with those facts, the peoples dream of exactly what FB has given those same people is the "haters" (envious?) that in the end mean little.

BTW: there are folks right here in S8 using FB... including myself. ;)

Last edited by mtmynd on July 17th, 2020, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 14th, 2020, 12:39 am

Climate Denial Spreads on Facebook as Scientists Face Restrictions
The company recently overruled its scientific fact-checking group, which had flagged information as misleading
Scientific American

Amigo, hate got nothing to do with this. You misunderstand me.
Kind of a Jew thing I guess. :(
The Daily Dish
Kevin MacDonald has been described as the “Marx of the Anti-Semites.” Google around the slimier regions of the web and you’ll see that his trilogy of books on Jews—A People that Shall Dwell Alone, Assimilation and its Discontents, and Culture of Critique—is celebrated in the nastiest Jew-hating environs on the net. And MacDonald himself is a hardcore American nativist in the Charles Lindbergh mold.
https://jewcy.com/post/kevin_macdonald_right

mnaz

Post by mnaz » July 14th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Ok then, it sucks. Better? I was correct to not trust it all those years ago, and up to now. Let's replace it with something ethical.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 15th, 2020, 10:13 am

I been down that road before —Luke the Drifter
My apology to Mark and Cecil. :oops:
This is a idiosyncratic thread. I don't expect to be understood. :oops:

I hardly ever hear Bill Gates called the Antichrist anymore. But I think MZ is not so much evil as he is the Antichrist.
You ever read any Nietzsche? I know a couple of his books, might say I etched them on my brain with lysergic acid, with the words crawling across the page like fat little worms, he died for my sins.
I am at peace with that big real estate broker in the sky selling lots in the holy land, I am a hyphenated american.

I suppose this a a very racist thread —I am who I am, lord help me jesus, or buddha or spinoza or Luke The Drifter

I am child who still remembers what it felt like to be a jew during world war two :lol:
Attachments
circumsized heart.JPG
circumsized heart.JPG (3.78 KiB) Viewed 4017 times

Return to “General Discussion”