love and strength to Doreen

Go ahead. Talk about it.
judih
Site Admin

love and strength to Doreen

Post by judih » August 27th, 2020, 10:20 pm

dear Studio8 family - Doreen has written in facebook that she's got a fractured femur and is off to the hospital for treatment, whatever that may be.

Wish I was there to hang out, but instead, a little thread of love and hugs won't hurt.
Love you Doreen. Be aware that you are being digitally surrounded by your studio family.
073271ca-cd1e-464b-84f6-b88aef9acbd5.jpg
(painting by Tamar Degani)

stilltrucking

Re: love and strength to Doreen

Post by stilltrucking » August 27th, 2020, 10:46 pm

10-4
I hope she will hanging here too soon

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 28th, 2020, 12:00 am

stilltrucking wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 10:46 pm
10-4
I hope she will hanging here too soon
yeah, me too
thanks for joining in, Jack

sasha

Post by sasha » August 28th, 2020, 4:50 am

Fractured femur, ouch - sorry, Doreen, I really hope you get all the rehab you need. Stay strong.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 28th, 2020, 12:49 pm

Hi guys. Thank you so much. The fracture is near the ball of the hip joint that fits into the hip socket.

I very likely will need a hip replacement.

I’ve been in pain for months.... I’m glad they finally found it. I’m delaying going to the hospital bc I’m scared. Lying in bed on my heating pad. I’ll get up and go eventually.

Thank you again.

sasha

Post by sasha » August 28th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 12:49 pm

I very likely will need a hip replacement.

I’ve been in pain for months.... I’m glad they finally found it. I’m delaying going to the hospital bc I’m scared. Lying in bed on my heating pad. I’ll get up and go eventually.

For what it's worth, my mother - now 93 - had BOTH of her hips replaced when she was well into her 70s, maybe early 80s. She's not running any marathons, but she gets around as well as any 93 old could be expected. And she was never as dedicated to exercise & fitness as you've been. So you've got that working for you.

Hmm, I've been having a lot of pain in my left hip lately. I've been assuming arthritis, but maybe it's time to find out for sure......
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 28th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Thanks for telling me about your mom! That’s very inspiring! Yes, go get checked out! ... frankly I’m surprised and shocked this happened to me bc I’ve been working so hard doing fitness and weightlifting for 12 years for the major purpose to keep something like this from happening as I age. Surprise! ... hah! I’ve delayed my hospital vacation for a couple of days but I will get there tomorrow. Thank you for your support and friendship.

I love the art you posted judih ❤️❤️❤️

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 28th, 2020, 8:56 pm

I’m having emotional trouble. I can’t stop crying. At the very time in my life where I need my children’s love and support, neither of them want anything to do with me. I wish I could get angry... or something... but I can’t. I’m just too hurt and rejected. How can they treat me this way? I’m trying to get a bath and get a little bag packed to go to the hospital but I can barely get myself moving. I’m embarrassed and abandoned and dejected. Thx for listening. I need to be strong to get through surgery. I’m anything but strong right now. I feel like a throw away. Please pray for me. Thank you for your friendship.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 28th, 2020, 10:37 pm

the kids don't realize what they're causing you. They can't possibly understand - it's so far from their experience. Wish I was there to give you a little hand in this technical stuff. For sure, releasing the tears is good. And hugging yourself is required. You were brave enough to get the diagnosis - many shy away from such a step. Bit by bit you're heading to solving the physical problem. The emotions need to come along for the ride. Hugs.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 28th, 2020, 11:40 pm

❤️💖💜 judih 💕

saw

Post by saw » August 29th, 2020, 8:49 am

I hope you have friends and siblings that help you through this....you never know with kids....just where they are on an evolutionary scale......where there maturity is at any given time......so I sure hope there are others ready to step in.....even though i have a partner, I used the visiting nurses program from Medstar ( but there are many others )....they were great.....it was comforting knowing professionals were checking on me.....i had nurses, occupational therapy and physical therapy....you can get bathers......I hope you will get these services and some family and friends will also be checking in....so sorry about the kids, I know that would mean a lot to you
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Steve Plonk

Post by Steve Plonk » August 29th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Doreen, hope you get that hip operation soon. My prayers are with you on this thing. To repeat what Saw said: hope your immediate
friends and family can help you through this trying time. Stay safe...Steve Plonk

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 29th, 2020, 10:20 pm

update: Doreen returned home after the ER and wrote this in facebook:
"in the ER. They did additional X-rays... they said I don’t have a fracture. I do, however, have “avascular necrosis” and some “collapse of the femoral head” on one side. This means that the blood supply to the femur wasn’t very good resulting in death of some of the bone cells. Next step, orthopedist for further evaluation and treatment."

Hoping this is something curable and manageable and meanwhile, sending strength for the road ahead

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 30th, 2020, 10:32 am

i feel so powerless, wishing I could do more than wish her well.
Any good doctor knows that medicine is an art as well as a science, "Surgeons must be very careful" . I pray she has a good doctor.
I hope she will be walking on a beach again.
diane doreens sistter.JPG

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 30th, 2020, 7:43 pm

Thank you so much, everyone. I’m moving forward! At least there’s a diagnosis now after 8 months of pain. I’m excited to hear the orthopedic surgeon i was referred to is also highly recommended by a friend of mine. I will be calling him tomorrow to set up my first appointment and hopefully move forward soon to schedule whatever repair I need... most likely a hip replacement.

Sorry to emotionally dump my feelings on abandonment. It’ll all be ok. They just need some space I guess. I do have 3 sisters offering a supportive ear and one of them is a doctor and is being my patient advocate. 😉 She spoke with the ER doctor yesterday about how X-ray film could be read so completely differently by 2 different radiologists. She was very helpful. My neighbor drove me to and from the hospital (2trips) so I do have support and I’m grateful!

Love to all . Update after this gets resolved probably. 🥰

Return to “General Discussion”