i feel like chicken likin

Go ahead. Talk about it.
stilltrucking

i feel like chicken likin

Post by stilltrucking » November 20th, 2020, 1:44 pm

Giuliani has indeed told the president that his goal is to disrupt next month’s meeting of the electoral college, The Washington Post reported this week.
“I would encourage all of you to go home and actually read Alexander Hamilton’s Federalist 68,” Ellis said at the lectern. The United States selects a president “through the electoral college not because it disenfranchises voters, but because it is a security mechanism for exactly the type of corruption that we are uncovering.”
“It’s a threat to our constitutional order that’s unfolding right now,” Greabe said by phone Thursday.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

stilltrucking

Re: i feel like chicken likin

Post by stilltrucking » November 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm

Federalist No. 68, though, predated the emergence of political parties and did not envision state legislatures that certify electors on the basis of the results of a popular statewide vote, according to John Greabe, a professor at the Franklin Pierce School of Law at the University of New Hampshire. Nothing in No. 68 justifies a state legislature, for partisan reasons, certifying a different slate of electors from the slate chosen by the people.
Giuliani’s strategy isn’t geared toward winning legal arguments, Greabe theorizes. Rather, the goal is to lay the groundwork for political intervention.

Giuliani has indeed told the president that his goal is to disrupt next month’s meeting of the electoral college, The Washington Post reported this week.

“It’s a threat to our constitutional order that’s unfolding right now,” Greabe said by phone Thursday.

“confuse the voters of the United States.”ibid:

Return to “General Discussion”