Love and Hug vibes to Sasha

Go ahead. Talk about it.
judih
Site Admin

Love and Hug vibes to Sasha

Post by judih » September 29th, 2021, 8:00 am

Roy is setting off for the hospital to go through his hip replacement. Remember Doreen's procedure? Here it's come round again in the form of Roy.
Please join me in sending him best wishes for a straightforward experience with the best outcome possible. We all want to see his documentation of his magnificent terrain.

But first things first: the actual procedure is scheduled for September 29th, so let's get those vibes out there.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Re: Love and Hug vibes to Sasha

Post by Doreen Peri » October 2nd, 2021, 9:48 pm

I just now saw this! Roy, I hope all went smoothly and you’re on the road to recovery! The hip replacement surgery is truly miraculous and has helped millions of people reclaim their lives and eliminate pain so you can live an active life again! Please check in and let us know how you’re doing!

Thank you, Judih, for letting us know!

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 2nd, 2021, 10:02 pm

At AC, Roy informed us that it went quickly and smoothly and now comes the PT part.
Doreen, how are you doing?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 2nd, 2021, 10:30 pm

That’s great news! Glad to hear it!

I’m doing ok. 10 months post op and finally went back to take a couple of dance classes. I’ve lost some strength and balance but it’s good to be back! It’s truly a miraculous surgery. I couldn’t walk for a year prior to the surgery and now I’m reclaiming my life!

Wishing Roy all the best!!! ❤️

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 3rd, 2021, 1:55 am

so good to hear!

sasha

Post by sasha » October 3rd, 2021, 8:06 am

Doreen Peri wrote:
October 2nd, 2021, 10:30 pm

I’m reclaiming my life!
That's a refrain I've heard and said a lot in the last few days. When I first came to in recovery, and realized where I was, and that the surgery had been completed, I started babbling and weeping like a drunk in a bar: "Y'know su'thin, I love ya, man!" The horror of the amputation/reattachment was behind me, and Doctors McCoy & Crusher weren't staring in concern at the monitors behind me, so it seemed like an enormous roadblock to recovery had been removed. And I was absolutely free of pain (which turned out to be the one concern the surgical team had - it was taking far longer than anticipated for the spinal to wear off. But from my perspective, pain-free was still Good.)

In time I was able to feel my legs and wiggle my toes, and was wheeled to a bed for the night - a bed by a window! With a magnificent view of the hospital's utility wing, A/C units and all! My roomie was a snorer, but at least he kept his biomonitors attached, so he wasn't setting off alarms all night like the last one, and I actually scored 6-7 hrs of light, uninterrupted sleep. Best one can hope for in a hospital.

The nurses started working me over the very next day, helping me to my feet & walking me to the gym, conceding to let me ride the wheelchair back to my bed. My daughter brought me home around 5, some 36 hours after checking in.

And now the work starts....

Thanks for the positive vibes!

Here's a recap of Day 3: https://arcanumcafe.boards.net/thread/1 ... rollTo=925
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » October 3rd, 2021, 8:25 am

You're writing as if you're totally pain free! No suffering whatsoever in those syllables.

sasha

Post by sasha » October 3rd, 2021, 8:49 am

I'm actually a little sore today after yesterday's peregrination (and I forgot to take my pain meds before going to bed), so we've agreed that today shall be a day of rest - PT excluded, of course. But having suffered broken bones in the past, and back pain from which I've literally awoken screaming during the night, the residual pain from this procedure has been quite manageable. On a scale of 0-9, the background pain usually hovers around 1, with brief stabbing spikes up to 3-ish or 4-ish if I do something fool-ish. My primary pain med is acetaminophen (Tylenol, eg), with oxycodin in reserve. So far I've only taken 2 of the latter since discharge.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Return to “General Discussion”