I don’t know what to say but…

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

I don’t know what to say but…

Post by Doreen Peri » September 18th, 2022, 10:02 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful years! Looks like the site is almost over. I’m not going to close it now but it’s pretty much done, huh? What do you think?

I can’t open the registration bc there are too many spam bots and I don’t have the time or the skills to keep them out.

So, it’s just us. Thx for your thoughts if and when you have time. ❤️

judih
Site Admin

Re: I don’t know what to say but…

Post by judih » September 19th, 2022, 10:56 am

I still love this site. It houses Steve and Roy and Mark and Cecil and Jana and you and Jack and sonofthesun and anyone else who's been popping in. I say, keep it. It feels like a safe haven.

sasha

Post by sasha » September 19th, 2022, 2:10 pm

I, too, feel that this is home, and would hate to see it go away. I realize the activity level has been quite low recently (mea culpa), and can appreciate your frustration maintaining a site that seems to have stalled. But I'm voting with Judih. If you do decide to pull the plug, well, I understand - but I would hope for at least a temporary stay of execution to give us time to download our stuff.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 19th, 2022, 7:02 pm

Studio Eight is all I got. Please don't close it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 19th, 2022, 7:22 pm

No!!! I’m not taking it down! I said that in my post! I love you guys and this is my creative online home since 2004! 18 years? Wow!

I just wanted to know your thoughts about whether it was already dead or not and thank you for sharing them saying it’s still active , though slow.

I’ll keep this going for as long as possible! Even if the activity dies down to a couple posts a week. I don’t see any reason not too!

It may outlive me. 😉

Thanks everyone!! ❤️❤️

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 19th, 2022, 7:39 pm

Apologizes for the poorly written post.

I just was concerned that it wasn’t still living. I have no way to give it oxygen or a defibrillator with a closed registration.

Please continue to enjoy yourselves and share your beautiful creative talents! Believe it or not, I still stop by and read your posts often!!

And many thanks to Jack (stilltrucking) for his support this past year . He donated to help me fund hosting renewal. Whew!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 19th, 2022, 9:26 pm

I am sure it will outlive me. 8)

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 19th, 2022, 9:43 pm

Doreen Peri wrote:
September 19th, 2022, 7:39 pm
Apologizes for the poorly written post.

I just was concerned that it wasn’t still living. I have no way to give it oxygen or a defibrillator with a closed registration.

Please continue to enjoy yourselves and share your beautiful creative talents! Believe it or not, I still stop by and read your posts often!!

And many thanks to Jack (stilltrucking) for his support this past year . He donated to help me fund hosting renewal. Whew!
Much thanks to Jack for his generousity.

saw

Post by saw » September 20th, 2022, 12:24 pm

Although I don't post as much as I used to, mainly because of health issues....and energy...it is comforting knowing S8 is there...That I can visit when I want to.....even at 3am !.....This site has been a mainstay for me.......I joined in 2008, so nice little 14 year run.......and it's not about who is left that matters.....I still think of all the amazing connections......I became friends with so many here.....some still here and others gone to that Jam in the Sky......I even got to meet some of you in person, like Doreen and Jana, and Dino, and Wireman......but whether I've met you in person or in your cyber living room the impact has been the same.....everyone has enriched my life.....truly

I hope S8 will be around for a very long time......18 years and counting...... 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D....wahoooooo
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 20th, 2022, 6:53 pm

What a beautiful post, Steve! Thank you so much being here through the years! Your presence and writings and artwork enrich this community!

Maybe I need to do some research about whether it’s possible to archive a site perpetually. Hmm. I’m not sure that’s possible but now would be a good time to look it up.

I don’t want to do that any time soon, but if my health starts to fail and I don’t have anyone willing to take over the ownership, it would be something of value to setup if it’s possible.

I hope you’re doing ok with all the challenges. I think of you often!

saw

Post by saw » September 21st, 2022, 5:38 am

Hey Doreen....the Studio Queen.......lean, but not so mean.......Why thnx fer the kind words.......I wish i could help the technical stuff, but alas I am hopeless....

aah the challenges of aging we face....I have an appointment with a thoracic surgeon today........so I should know the next step for me by afternoon.....perhaps another challenge.....we shall see..........I need more details

Go Go Go Studio 8.....great great great
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 21st, 2022, 1:40 pm

This place has been a big part of my life, my arts experience since the beginning. It's a bit slow yes, but still near and dear. I just wish I'd traveled to meet more of you all through the last decade or so, but the first half of the 2010s was kind of rough for me, caring for sick parents and losing both of them about a year apart, and dealing with endless related issues during and after. It felt like it was 2014 before I could finally "come up for air." I did lots of writing back then, but a lot of it felt like temporary escape more than anything else. Then of course, life happens when you think you might make other plans, and years go by. I did travel a couple times to hang out with Cec and Soozen, but that's about it. I'm glad I got to meet Hester, Glorious Amok and Furnish right after the LK boards shut down, and Zlatko (Norman) a few years after that. Norman really encouraged my writing-- especially about Nevada (he taught at the U. of Nevada). Anyway...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » September 21st, 2022, 2:43 pm

mnaz wrote:
September 21st, 2022, 1:40 pm
This place has been a big part of my life, my arts experience since the beginning. It's a bit slow yes, but still near and dear. I just wish I'd traveled to meet more of you all through the last decade or so, but the first half of the 2010s was kind of rough for me, caring for sick parents and losing both of them about a year apart, and dealing with endless related issues during and after. It felt like it was 2014 before I could finally "come up for air." I did lots of writing back then, but a lot of it felt like temporary escape more than anything else. Then of course, life happens when you think you might make other plans, and years go by. I did travel a couple times to hang out with Cec and Soozen, but that's about it. I'm glad I got to meet Hester, Glorious Amok and Furnish right after the LK boards shut down, and Zlatko (Norman) a few years after that. Norman really encouraged my writing-- especially about Nevada (he taught at the U. of Nevada). Anyway...
what a fascinating insight into how online friends became real life inspiration. Sparks my thoughts of one day, soon!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 22nd, 2022, 2:22 pm

Steve… I hope this new challenge isn’t too difficult! Let us know how you’re doing with an update when you get a chance.

Mnaz… it’s been such a pleasure reading your travelogues and poems through the years. Thx for being here. So great you got to visit with several litkickers! It’s not over yet. If you’re ever out my way, let me know!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 23rd, 2022, 2:59 am

I know I am not right. Living with Aspersers is not easy when you are green. Besides my family the people here have been kind to me in spite of my mickey mouse ways.
I been watching the latest Ken Burns America and the Holocaust lots of flashbacks to how it felt when I was just a little jackster born before the war. All I learned about friendship I learned from my family and the Quakers. Friendship a religion for me. I come here to visit with gone friends like wireman Zlatco, Jimboloco, Lightning rod and grateful for friends still here like mingo and steve and all you guys. I am just one banana peel from a fatal fall and what with my heart issues and failing kidneys one fast move and I am gone in the mean time I try to maintain wireman's Joie de vivre.
Sorry D I found this picture on Fakebook but I can't find the source for attribution, it expresses how I feel these days
A pirate looks at 82
relax.PNG
relax.PNG (41.81 KiB) Viewed 24617 times

Return to “General Discussion”