Judih — please check in!!!

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Steve Plonk

Re: Judih — please check in!!!

Post by Steve Plonk » October 15th, 2023, 5:15 pm

Read the latest "Daily Mail" British news sent in by Gad & Judih Haggai's nephew, Dr. Arad Haggai in Essex, Britain. It sounds horrible and I hope
Judih and Gad are still alive. Please Lord, give them strength--family and friends. I've known Judih online for twenty years, at least.
Steve Plonk and family in USA.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 15th, 2023, 10:00 pm

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 16th, 2023, 3:13 am

The world was a little fucked before I got here, and I tried to hope for the best after I got born here and started breathing but you know, when people disappear suddenly you have to start asking questions.

saw

Post by saw » October 16th, 2023, 7:25 am

thank you doreen... I found this yesterday, but couldn't figured how to get the closed caption translation,,,so thanx very much.....I've cried about all I can for now
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 16th, 2023, 10:55 pm

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 16th, 2023, 11:07 pm

I don’t understand it, Kurt!!! She’s been identified!?? Is she alive?? I don’t understand it. Thanks for your post and please help me by explaining!!!

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 16th, 2023, 11:19 pm

It claims 3 more Canadian deaths. The first casualty of war is the truth.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 17th, 2023, 9:09 am

Ok so the article claims she’s been identified and is dead. But her family has not been notified of this so I don’t understand how a journalist can claim knowledge of it when the family has no knowledge of it. So I question the authenticity of the claim.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 17th, 2023, 10:07 am

Ya, the other two have been in local news. Have you been in touch with her family? The newspaper has credibility.

sasha

Post by sasha » October 17th, 2023, 10:16 am

The article is a bit ambiguous. While it acknowledges that Judih & her husband had been ambushed, we already know they weren't killed outright, since they'd texted for help. However, I doubt Hamas would have much use for hostages in need of medical care, and little interest in providing it when they could just as easily snatch unwounded fodder for negotiation. So were they a) taken hostage anyway; (b) killed outright; or c) left to die? We still don't for sure.

I suppose there's another possibility: d) they were eventually found & rescued by Israeli forces, and have simply been lost in the paperwork shuffle. The cynic in me thinks this has too much of a Happily-Ever-After whiff to it, even though it's the outcome I think we're all desperately rooting for.

I imagine that if the family had been officially notified of her death, they'd have more pressing things on their minds than posting to social media. I don't think it would be high on my own list of priorities. Then again, that might just be a generational thing - a lot of us boomers are a bit leery of these electronic houses with picture windows on all four sides. Sometimes we like to draw the shades.

So I guess the waiting continues.
"Falsehood flies, the Truth comes limping after it." - Jonathan Swift, ca. 1710

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 17th, 2023, 10:27 am

I agree completely. I maintain that the first casualty of war is the truth.

saw

Post by saw » October 17th, 2023, 10:46 am

So many scenarios are possbible, but one thing I'm hearing from survivors is their feeling of betrayal from the government....not is just protecting them , but from making any contact whatsoever with worried families ......judih's daughter once mentioned they could still be in the fields....they communicated they were 2 k from the kibbutz ( 1.2 miles )....I imagine the army is concentrating on identifying bodies in the kibbutz's and the music festival first.....but the government hasnt been forthcoming in their communication....Gad's cell phone pinged in Gaza....so we know the marauders got close enough to them take the cell phone....whether kidnapped or left to contend with their wounds, we just dont know
If you do not change your direction
you may end up where you are heading

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 17th, 2023, 2:50 pm

Haven't given up all hope yet, but an awful lot of time has passed.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 18th, 2023, 11:24 am

Apparently the family has heard from the Israelis that she is a hostage. Sorry I have a hard time believing they would take a wounded hostage. They're only valuable alive. Wounded people don't tend to last long. I don't trust the Israelis anymore than I trust Hamas, nor do I trust the media. In war the truth is a burning piece of paper, not much life in it.

Artguy

Post by Artguy » October 18th, 2023, 11:27 am

I won't believe anything until I see her.

Return to “General Discussion”