Will I ever be satisfied?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 12th, 2005, 3:08 pm

I appreaciate those remarks :D

I been thinking again about that long long bus trip home from a Astoria to Nashville. couple of days it seemed. I woke one night in the middle of moonlit wheat fields, and saw the ocean waves,

I liked Martin Eden a lot. But it has been so long I forgot why I liked it so much.

Long live Studio 8
Long live litkicks
God save the queen

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 13th, 2005, 5:27 pm

i was listening to Alan Watts today on the radio, and he said that when he went to Japan, he was so busy taking pictures with his camera that he felt like he wasn't seeing anything!

the Columbia river, what a vibration.
he's got a ticket to ride.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 13th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Jim Furnish is a sailor
I got to ride one summer
still a land lubber.

but I will always miss Astoria, and Ilwaco, the summer mornings are as close as I have ever been to experiencing the weather of Camelot.

I had a least a quater million miles or so strucking to Alen Watts tape. Gave it to my neice when she was headed to the burning man festival a couple years ago. He was talking about a friend who was in the hospitol, he gave him a book of Zen, when he got home the friend wrote him saying "I did not understand a word of it, but it cheered me up immensely"

mother mother ocean

have you ever heard that song I think the correct title is A Pirate Looks at Seventy, or maybe it was Forty. Probably never see the oceans again, who knows. I would be happy just to make it a hundred and fifty miles to the third coast. Mustang Island sounds so perfect. Maybe in the fall,

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 14th, 2005, 8:23 am

go to Padre Island, camp over nite get up early and run naked into the waves.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » July 14th, 2005, 10:24 am

I enjoyed the pics! Nice to put faces to some of you!

You all have history! I am odd mouse out!

Anyway I lived in Oregon twice. Just outside Lincoln City up the Siletz river. I was there when it flooded, we were kneedeep and mudded!

It is extremely beautiful country! Sadly the incessant rain and rareness of sun drove me mad....stark raving mad and I had to leave. I spent many a happy hour on the beach tho.....just glorious.....

First time I ever saw whales in the wild. :D
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » July 14th, 2005, 10:43 am

truck,

did I ever tell you that I spent a week with Alan Watts when I was a kid?

He served me zen tea.

It was a high-point of my childhood.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 14th, 2005, 11:25 am

it beats the hell out of me brother
childhood Zen is mot fortunate. sometimes I get depressed and think that if it was not war or prisons there would be no interest in Zen. Tell me about it grasshoper. Have I told you about The Bear?
I remember the link Jimbo posted about the monk who was working with kids? Man I would really like to hear a snip of that meeting, not looking for no flashing cosmic nuggets of enlightenment, I don't go there, just living in the mundane details of my day. I mean stuff like what did yu do, sit around and listen to them, did you go out to eat, was in a talk he was giving, just my curiosity, speaking of Jimbo's monk, wouldn't be nice to get a little zen in the culture, ever since the grasshopper it has been a void or maybe I got stoned and missed it. The bear loved that show, it is our point of contact, we have not had a fist fight over my sister in twenty five years.

Yah the beach, the beach is a cathederal, not Notre Dame I suppose
mother mother ocean
in your belly you hold the treasure

a pirate looks at seventy

I know how you feel about having to move, don't know if you saw that australian/southafrican movie where the woman was working in the big city office building and her co-worker turned to her one day and said "Do the voices in my head disturb you." the next scene and she is out of there, takes a job as a school teach way out in the boonies somewhere.
the gods must be crazy

AQuestion

Post by AQuestion » July 26th, 2005, 3:26 am

damn this topic is making me want to:

A) join litkicks; I've been hearing about it for some time now and I must admit my curiosity has been jumpstarted over and over again

B) get up, turn the computer off, grab a few things, walk out the door, jump on the city bus, get off downtown and walk to Greyhound bus station and buy a ticket to...somewhere...anywhere...(but see, I'm far too well acqainted with conventional at this point, to do that...yet so basically I'm just talking plastic pipe dream out of my ass)

C) write a poem

D) I don't know

after that, and speaking as one who has done very very little independent traveling and has been lost in apathy until recently for far far far too long:
I'd like to shoot it out for sure.
Crappy, I can't remember who said that, but whoever you are that said that: I dare you to shoot that light out...

Yab, I when I was reading your initial posts, and especially when you were talking about how your parents are trippin' out on you, I was thinking, hey that sounds like my mother. i've got a bad track record so she's basing me on that and constantly spewing on about finding a direction and questioning me re: whether I think I should "do this" or "that"...."do you think that's a good idea?" "if you don't do this you'll..." "pretty soon you're going to regret or wish that you..." and so on and so on and on and on and heck, I'm really not all that old yet. yeah, ok, so I"m not 18 anymore, but I'm not 30 or older yet either and then again, who cares anyway? Of course, she does...she's often over-worried about what people think.

I've actually got a plan or two or three, even if they are all situated in a confused-feel-good-lacksadaisical vibe (if that makes any sense at all).

like doreen, I think I live in somewhat of a fantasy world via personal choice

I"m finding out more and more just how relative things and situations in life are and I'm keen to be satisfied with that as a partial description of the way the world works. some part of the rest is more complicated and I won't go there. I've rambled on now and I think I really ought to just go off and begin a new topic anyway

I'd say "Follow your heart" but I don't usually advocate that as I think that both heart and mind should work together in most all cases

there's just so much more to life than average (would it be on the grid? ) living...average...that's a vague word to use, well I mean, well, you know what I'm trying to say, don't you ? heck, I know what I'm thinking but it seems that I'm not able to find the right word now...

just so much to life, and often times so much more than so many would ever even allow themselve to imagine...

glad you posted this topic too
Everything is surreal and i'm still not sure which decision I'll make.

Return to “General Discussion”