Site Admin

Post by judih » August 13th, 2005, 6:51 am

wireman's around.
fine form

(judih)

brooklyn

well, now ...

Post by brooklyn » August 13th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Hi everybody -- I hope the guy with no social etiquette (thanks Cecil) is allowed a chance to speak here too ...

Seriously, I don't mind everybody's dissection of everything that's wrong with LitKicks. A few of you have been suggesting why we made the changes we made, and yes, I think everybody gets the idea. The boards had become too much of an online social network, a chat room where people who were bored or lonely can pass the time. It's never been my ambition to run a chat site or an online social network, and it wasn't a hard decision for me to pull the plug on that part of LitKicks. I wanted our transition after the 24 Hour Poetry Party to be exciting -- the drop of a curtain -- but I think a few of the site's regular members had their feelings hurt, and we are sorry this had to happen.

We still like our old regulars, and everybody here is still very much invited to participate on LitKicks. When I see the list of names on this thread, I see many people I'd love to hear from again, and I hope you'll all think about giving the site a fresh look and maybe posting something, if you've got something to say.

Hard feelings? This is literature -- hard feelings sometimes happen. Let's get over it and move on.

Speaking of moving on, I would like to mention that Jamelah and I have both apologized to Firsty and Pelerine for the dumb private joke they posted about here a few days ago. I think that's all we can do, and I hope this incident -- a scene right out of one of my favorite books, Harriet the Spy, actually -- can be quickly forgotten.

Happy summer all ...

-- Levi

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 12:40 pm

We still like our old regulars, and everybody here is still very much invited to participate on LitKicks.
Really?

Everybody?

Great!

Thanks!

I'll go right over there and post something!

Looking forward to it!

What made you change your mind?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Ok, so Levi, I went to your site and posted a poem because you came here and invited "everyone" to Litkicks.

But you didn't "publish" my poem.

Instead, I got an "editor's note" which said this.
Lip Sync (Not Published)
   Editor's Note: Doreen, I hope we don't have to go thru this again ... no, my invitation did not mean that the problems we had with your participation last year aren't still significant to us
I don't know what "problems we had" with my participation on your site last year were. The only PROBLEM was that you refused to allow my work to appear on your site.

I truly do NOT appreciate you coming to MY site and inviting EVERYBODY except the webmaster of this site which is me.

Please do not come here again and try to solicit our members to post on your site while excluding me. That is absolutely rude.

Everybody is welcome to post here and we encourage links to other sites, especially sites which are focused on the arts. Our tagline is "Uniting the Arts." We welcome your input and links to anything at all that's going on at Litkicks.

However, think about it. Do you really think that's a welcoming, kind thing to do to come to MY site, invite "everyone" to your site and then refuse to publish my work on your site?

I don't.

Don't do it again, please.

Here's my poem which you refused to *publish* after you invited EVERYONE to your site just an hour ago. I'll publish it here. Why? Because it's a good poem. It's funny. And I like it. I hope you like it, too.

Lip Sync

The man said
he was astonished by
how far I had gotten
in my life with
my mouth.

I answered,
"You think I'm
going to swallow
that?"

"Yes,"
the man replied,
it's amazing
to me how far you
have come with
all you have
said."

"I have gone
much farther
from all
I didn't say,"
I replied.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 13th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Happy summer all ...
Happy summer to you brother, too late for litkicks, I am already gone
I truly do NOT appreciate you coming to MY site and inviting EVERYBODY except the webmaster of this site which is me.
Well sister Doreen I can think of at least one other person who has come here and invited people to post on his website and you did not object. Sounds like a personal problem to me.
Hammer hammer

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 2:44 pm

I love it when people come here and invite people to their websites.

That's what this site's about, Truckin'.

It's about "Uniting the Arts."

We even have an entire forum set aside for posting links to other websites. Plus, we have an announcement forum for announcing updates and events on other websites.

We encourage Uniting the Arts.... we WANT to connect to other websites.

We also work with 2 other websites collaboratively, linking to their sites in announcements for our Word Jam events.

I have no problem whatsoever with Levi coming here to invite everybody to his website.

But when "everybody" excludes ME, it's just plain rude.

Let's say I'm having a party at my house and I have a houseful of people visiting. Do you think it would be right if someone came over and announced that they are also having a party at their house and everybody is invited to go there, "except you, Doreen."

LOL!!!!! :shock:

Jesus.

Rude behaviour like that doesn't sit well with me.

Sounds like a person who would do that has a personal problem.

I'll agree with that. Yep.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » August 13th, 2005, 2:47 pm

But when "everybody" excludes ME, it's just plain rude.
I think you were a fool to try and post to litkicks. As geoff would say I am just trying to put a little honesty here.

Like Lucy holding the foot ball for charlie brown.

Brookyn is a fool

Any man who would call you some dumb chick, ain't paid his dues at all

hammer hammer
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 2:52 pm

I was not a fool to post at Litkicks.

I was invited.

Right here in my home.... The Litkicks webmaster came here and invited "everybody."

He even said,
Let's get over it and move on.
I thought he'd gotten over whatever his problem was.

*shrug*.... guess not.

diesel dyke

Post by diesel dyke » August 13th, 2005, 2:57 pm

I was not a fool to post at Litkicks.

I was invited.
Every fall, she always promised I won't pull the football away and leave you to fall on your arse.

What we have is a failure to communicate. It is not brooklyn: women make a fool out of him. It is that Granfalloon of a troika. It is a group mind thing. It is true believers against heretics. We always wind up getting burned at a state
Information Granfalloons
Karen Coyle, 1999
One of the basic concepts of Bokononism, the secretive island religion of Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle, is that of a granfalloon. A granfalloon is a recognized grouping of people that, underneath it all, has no real meaning. The prototypical granfaloon in Vonnegut's book is Hoosiers: the main character of the book finds himself journeying to an island nation in the company of fellow Indianans, but other than the fact that they hail from the same state they have no significance in each other's lives.
go go
"We are made to be immortal, and yet we die. It's horrible, it can't be taken seriously. —ianeskimo"

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 3:05 pm

OK, still deisel gypsy, et al....

The Charlie Brown football analogy doesn't work in this case.

I am talking about acceptable social behaviour for adults, not children on a playground.

Adults should learn to respect each other and it's simply disrespectful for a grown adult to enter a person's home and invite everyone who is there visiting to come participate in an event while excluding the hostess.

Miss Manners would have a fit.

Emily Post would roll over in her grave.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 3:05 pm

And Lord only knows what Ann Landers would say.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 13th, 2005, 3:13 pm

on a personal note
Do you think I was included in that invitation?
Did you think that I was welcome?
I still think you should not have even tried to post there. Lord knows I wouldn't dream of it. Not unless they still had a Zen board, pardon the fuddiam slip, I meant to say a Flame board. There is one issue firsty raised which was band width. I been using a lot of resources here. When studio eight has over a hundred thousand posts you might consider that.

Why would you even want to post anything there anymore?

hammer hammer

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Well, I'd certainly hope so, 'Truckin'!

After all, Levi said
We still like our old regulars, and everybody here is still very much invited to participate on LitKicks. When I see the list of names on this thread, I see many people I'd love to hear from again, and I hope you'll all think about giving the site a fresh look and maybe posting something, if you've got something to say.
I would think you would be included in "everybody."

"Everybody" should not include anybody.

By definition.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 13th, 2005, 3:21 pm

:) listen I got Attention defecation disorder, I don’t give a sh*t about litkicks, I got an empty mind about litkicks, brooklyn is a fool, but at least he is a transcendent fool

He thinks you are some dumb chick, he parrots the party line. This is between three woman, brooklyn is a cool dude but he would have to be as wise as Solomon to settle this between those two women and your self.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 13th, 2005, 3:29 pm

Well, there's no accounting for some people's taste.

I was simply remarking about rude behaviour and requesting that it not happen again on my website.

*shrug* It's that simple.

I don't appreciate someone coming on my website and inviting "everyone" to their website, yet excluding people. Especially the hostess of the site.

I don't want to continue this discussion.

It's quite clear that my assessment of the post was accurate.

Some dumb chick, I'm not.

Peace, love, & happiness.

Gotta go work on my painting now.

Return to “General Discussion”