whatever happened to Litkicks

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Atit

whatever happened to Litkicks

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:04 pm

last year i tried to get in touch with some old litkickers...and i went to the website and the disscussion forums weren't there like they use to. what happened, did something bad happen to make it so that levi didn't want to have the posts and stuff? did i miss something really dramatic.

k&D

mnaz

Post by mnaz » August 11th, 2005, 11:24 pm

The LK staff pulled the plug on the boards immediately after the 24-hour Poem last summer. It came abruptly, with no warning or opportunity to "say goodbye".

I participated briefly in the ensuing "October Earth" writing project, but it was never the same. I heard Levi later explain that he was tired of the recurrent "dumb chic" that had become a mainstay of the boards, and that he felt LK had taken the boards experiment far enough. Personally, I think he undervalued the boards' vital, real-time interaction between artists.

Well.... that's about all I can tell you, at least for now....

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:29 pm

oh, thats really sad...it took me a while to find this board/thing...i wasn't checking my old e-mail and found an email from clay...and it lead me here...i'm pretty busy what with college and all but i missed the disscussions and stuff, even the fights and weirdness was part of what made it special. the real time worked great i thought...how long were the boards on, seems like the people there really used it as a community.

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:32 pm

and damn the first thing i missed was sunday stream cecil, that was always something i looked forward too...i thought litkicks was the coolist thing i'd ever been a part of, hell that i'd ever seen on the internet.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 11th, 2005, 11:35 pm

hi k&d!

Great to see you again...!

Cecil's Sunday Streams are alive and well.... scroll down... in the Columnists category.....

So, you're in Santa Fe? Great place! My cousin lives there... just saw him a couple of weeks ago...

what school are you going to?

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 11th, 2005, 11:36 pm

its so good to see you KiDdo,

You can catch up on Sunday Streams below

We've missed you.

Many of the old litkicks refugees have migrated over here.

You might recognize a few faces.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:38 pm

i'm a incoming Sophmore at the College of Santa Fe. its a very small school, i'm majoring in Film...suprise suprise right? you should check out the website. i've got a small group of friends there. its really great, oh yeah, and i'm minoring in Political Science. the teachers are great. things are going o.k here, my grandma died and my grandpa is on the way so i'm here in louisianna...it really drains you.

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:40 pm

hey l-rod, i think i sent you an . i didn't think to write Kerouac@Dylan...a lot has changed since i came up with that name.
Last edited by Atit on August 13th, 2005, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:42 pm

i missed you guys, you offer up different ways of thinking about things then my college friends, though they're pretty intresting too.

has levi thought of restarting the boards?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 11th, 2005, 11:51 pm

Very cool! What's the link to the website? would love to take a look. Got any films to show online somewhere? I'd love to see what you're doing. Missed you too!

They have a different sort of board over there now. It's still called "action poetry"... check it out! Just go to litkicks.com and look for the action poetry link. It's way different. It's not like live action or anything. They review every post before they "publish" it. Looks like it's pretty active though. I don't go there any more so that's all I know.

Again... great to see you!

Atit

Post by Atit » August 11th, 2005, 11:57 pm

www.csf.edu

this upcoming year i get to write and direct/whatever i want to do...last year i worked on other peoples and they're not online. the good thing is that i get to make film this year not just video. i'm very nervous, i'm worried, irrationally, that i won't cut it, and people will hate my work.

if my school had a minor in philosophy i might change, i took the greatest course ever political philosophy with this great teacher Dr. Bank...he's really into anarchy, infact the college is known for this course it teaches on anarchist.

pel

Just figured out what happened to litkicks

Post by pel » August 12th, 2005, 12:34 am

litkicks published a book, and then decided to defame the writers it published in the book. the end!

this makes perfect sense, no?
if you play with fire, you just might get the horns.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » August 12th, 2005, 12:39 am

welcome pel,

about the drama..... puzzlement
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

pel

it's pretty clear

Post by pel » August 12th, 2005, 1:13 am

the thing that gets me is the whole cannibalism of it. how are you gonna publish people and then post a big can o' bullshit about them? litkicks published me and then litkicks decided to fuck me in the face. they're like a sicko with a lollipop:

here kiddies...come over here and play...and them wham-o! spooge in the fucking eye! it doesn't do a lot to offer a hanky once the load's been shot!

i'm beyond pissed off - but i don't have a lot to say about it - here or now.
if you play with fire, you just might get the horns.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 12th, 2005, 4:54 am

here kiddies...come over here and play...and them wham-o! spooge in the fucking eye! it doesn't do a lot to offer a hanky once the load's been shot!
You know that is exactly what is running through my mind now.

Atit, brooklyn has all the really good stuff arcieved, Haiku, Poetry, AP not sure about the stories. I was only sorry he did not archieve the flames board... I could hear the weariness in brookln's voice towards the end. I was not suprised to see it go. I wrote a flame for brooklyn here. Something about Brooklyn owes me a lot for all I done for him. Tongue in cheek. I am not the man I was, still pretty steeped in self pity, but a lot more out of my shell than I used to be. "strangers had forced him to live in his head"JP

Film and poli science interesting combination. I was anthropology with minor in pysch. Took me twelve years to make junior standing cause I couldn't decide on a major, took every course that interested me but never graduated, my college career stretched from 1959 to 1972. I got a head full of trivia.

good luck in school.

Return to “General Discussion”