How's yer post likicks writing goin'?

Go ahead. Talk about it.
WIREMAN

How's yer post likicks writing goin'?

Post by WIREMAN » August 22nd, 2004, 1:13 pm

....just wonderin' how you other regulars to litkicks are farin' a few weeks into the vacation.......as for me I've been writin' steady.....to be honest I miss action poetry .....and maybe mindless a tiny bit.......never could get the MOOL thang.......just to much in the way.......I love goin' to freedom hall and just ramblin'....kinda mindless I guess.......AC has it's points and some nice folks, but the whole moderation thing turns me off......now hallelujah we have doreen and lrods place and thank you 2, I love you guys......I'm gettin' ready for my action poetry show here in Baltimore oct. 10 th and I'm real excited about doreen and lrod doin' some collaborations with me...like in the old days at funks coffee house readings I plan on doin' some heavyweight stuff by markk.....jota....soozen......cecil......judih......and hopefully panta rhei.....well I'm gettin' goin' cause I'm startin' to ramble.....mark

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » August 22nd, 2004, 3:07 pm

Hey Wireman, that action poetry show you are doing sounds interesting, tell me more.....
I've been writing some, but heck, not as much as i'd like.
To much general pressure lately, just to survive...writing is another luxury I can't afford right now damn it. Low inspiration levels.
I have to agree with you that this site (studio eight)
is fabulous for writing, I might even like it better than litkicks once I get used to it and comfortable.
Mools is good too, for conversations, despite the fact that no one goes into the immediate chat room and so most of the time there's a few hours between conversational remarks. Mools definately is not real conducive to creative writing and feedback.
I wonder if litkicks will even return.....some say it's a done deal, coming back only to those that can afford to pay is one rumor i've heard. I've also heard that the discussion boards will be gone if they return too. Who knows? It's all conjecture.
The good thing is, that I'm finding alot of writing type sites online, and that's a good thing for me that's come of litkicks shutting down. I had been limiting myself just to the litkicks community....forgetting that having more than one online writing community option is a better idea in this come and go world.
Anyway, nice to see you here Wireman, and I sure would like to hear more about your show....It sounds really cool.
H

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 22nd, 2004, 6:24 pm

Hi Mark.. looking forward to the show in Baltimore! and glad to hear the art show's going well. Congrats on the write up in the Balt. paper!

i've always gone to several writing sites at a time ever since i've been on the web. Usually, I have 2 I visit regularly and they change from time to time. But I stay pretty regular with the ones I like, like Litkicks. Though I do like variety in my life. Always have.

It's like going out to lunch or going to regular watering holes. I go to several places for different reasons... the food is good, the regulars are fun, the service is good, the price is fair, the location is convenient, they play good music... reasons like that.... different for different places. I do like routine but I also like varied routine.

everthing in life is conjecture, hest *smile*.... we never know what's going to happen... i love litkicks... looking forward to them reopening and I'm doing an interview with Levi for one of the "Other Art Sites" pages for Studio Eight. Soon, I hope. I've been very busy.. *sigh*

what have I been up to? here you see it... working to get ready for the launch, designing the site, doing my regular work that actually pays me, a little writing, plus dealing with installing this board and setting it up. I'm so glad you both are enjoying it here. I really want to change the look of the forum and have a new skin to install... it's a white background with charcoal grey text and pale grey boxes with dark burgandy text accents ... the layout is similar but a bit different... I designed a top illustration for it to match the style of the Studio Eight site.

I don't know if the two of you read it in the announcements, though, but we are changing servers soon. The server we've selected does have the phpbb software (which is what this is) and will hopefully be able to move all the files and posts over there. But as a warning, please save what you write on here because we may have to start all over (but as a rule, you should save what you write anyway, no matter where you post it on the net, but you know that already, I'm sure)

again, glad you both like it here ... please be aware of the upcoming changes.... also, when we go to the new server, the site will be down for a few days while the transfer is being done ... I'll make an announcment about that when it's going to happen.

:D

Return to “General Discussion”