Animals at Work!

Go ahead. Talk about it.
KellyScott

Animals at Work!

Post by KellyScott » August 19th, 2006, 11:55 am

Well my husband Scott has been at his new job for a little over 4 weeks now and this company is doing things very different from what he is used to. They are a small company of a little over 70 people and are currently working out of 6 houses in close proximity. The building he is in has 4 cats living there with him. The building next door has at least 2 cats and a big old red dog. There is only one building that has no animals.

Other than a hairy chair some mornings he has no problem with it and actually likes it.
SO! What do you think… good idea bad idea? Anyone ever see this before?

Here are some pictures!

Kelly

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 19th, 2006, 4:03 pm

New one on me, Kelly... but I like the informality of this kind of job. Cool!

GordonWilson

Post by GordonWilson » August 20th, 2006, 10:18 pm

i'm all for it... i love pets and completely dig it when i see pets as part of the personality of a retail store or an office. so long as prospective employees know what they're getting into, i think pets add character and innocence and love to any environment.
Learn before you vote. Politicians lie.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 21st, 2006, 10:10 am

I hate when the cats sits exactly on the papers you are reading... and dogs...I don't know... they want to play all the time. .. maybe a fish or a turtle? (birds in cages depress me).
But I know that the kids I work with would love to have them around!!.
Thanks for sharing the photos!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 21st, 2006, 10:31 am

Great pictures kelly thanks. Pets is such a miss leading word. domesicated cats and dogs were not chosen to be human companions because of sentiments. It was an ecconomic decision by our ancestors. They were usefull.

I don't think I will ever have another pet. I got plenty of friends who have them. It is more fun to visit them then to have one. Maybe I feel the same way about children I think. I think uncle is a very honorabe role to play in a child's life.

I love my flowers, my garden is my pet these day. I think thoughts at them, and they point an accusing petal at me for not watering enough.

triple digit temps day after day
in texas

Edit four continued

I just re-read the title of your post and realized you had made my point.
Animal's at Work, that is why dogs and cats were domesticated.

I live in a senior citizens housing complex. I may be the onl man here without a walker. In fact I may be the only man here at all. Mz Polly my neighbor , a frail old woman of steel greeted me the fist day with "Its so good to have a man around" Mean while here little dog was snarling at me at trying to nip my legs. All I could think to say is, "it's good to have a good dog around too."
Yesterday Polly says to me that she thinks her dog is afraid of me. A very worrisome remark for me. I think she may be projecting her feelings towards me. Maybe it is time to trim my beard.

three edits 9:36am

firsty

Post by firsty » August 21st, 2006, 10:57 am

dogs were domesticated because they are so close to humans. in many cases, it was economic, but in most cases, and certainly originally, it was social.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_domestic_dog

dogs have been domesticated for thousands of years, possibly (as noted in the article cited) as early as 10,000 or 12,000 BC.

dogs are social animals. even wolves have extremely complex and compassionate social arrangements. if elephants were smaller, perhaps we'd have pet elephants, as their society is also very similar to that of humans in terms of family, relationships and death.

we have a hybrid wolf-dog and she's the most beautiful animal you could imagine, loves to play with the kids. and she's also the best kind of guard dog you can hope for.
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 22nd, 2006, 8:56 am

dogs bark
wolves don't
early man selectively bred them
or so I have read somewhere
barking dogs a danger signal

Return to “General Discussion”