glenn beck

Go ahead. Talk about it.
GordonWilson

glenn beck

Post by GordonWilson » August 20th, 2006, 7:57 pm

hey gang,

i work on cruise ships, so i don't have access to 150 channels on my tv. it doesn't really matter to me, because i've actually never been interested in television; even when i'm in a situation with a million channel options, i rarely turn it on to anything except nerd stuff, like discovery channel and various news stuff.

which brings me to my point: on my most recent ships, which are in the royal caribbean fleet, we have most of the turner network - cnn, cnn headline news, tnt, cartoon network, and turner classics.

my office is in my room on the ship, so in the past few years i've taken to leaving cnn or cnn headline news on in the background when i'm doing paperwork or whatever. over the past few years, cnn headline news has dramatically changed their programming and replaced all of their prime time spots with completely valueless tripe, like nancy grace, showbiz tonight, and to my recent horror, glenn beck.

in the past, i usually felt like despite being a major network, owned by some corporate agenda, cnn would show most sides a story. admittedly, i realized that they leaned a little to the left.

now it's like the whole cnn headline news channel is on a supercharged republican agenda! this glenn beck idiot is the worst kind of fool: he combines smarmy arrogance with astronomical ignorance about the world around him! it's like he can't make a rational or researched opinion - everything he spews seems to be based in borrowed opinions from the right wing philosophy!

anyway, i smell even more controversy than usual with a news network. i mean, i have no delusions about the networks being on political agendas, but from my watching cnn headline news in the past year, it's on some kind of stupidity mission. between glenn and nancy, they're faking being a "news" channel, but actually validating brash stupidity in the american public. it's like it's on purpose or something.

anyway i'm done i guess. i could sure go on - if you've ever subjected yourself to an episode or two of glenn beck, we could sit all night and list his maniacal shitbombs of idiocy.

am i alone? or can anyone show me a different view? take away my disdain and frustration for turner???

ciao,
g
Learn before you vote. Politicians lie.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 20th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Hello, Gordon! Nice seeing you about. Been a long time.

I've unfortunately seen a bit of that Glenn Beck character and wonder what the heck he's doing on CNN also. He seems to come on like a nerdy, good guy but there is an agenda below the surface which I found disconcerting.

But CNN surprises me with airing Lou Dobbs, a show I frequently watch. He hits on many subjects that others on the several networks do not. I find him kinda refreshing in a worrisome sort of way, by which I mean, some of his investigations bring out many (more) problems we American's are, or going to be, facing if we don't wake up.

Thanks to the internet, (so far anyway), we still have the option of reading news that isn't slanted to the right. The internet hig-speed access is being threatened by "AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner and Verizon. They've already used their political clout in Washington to secure for the phone and cable industries a stunning 98 percent control of the US residential market for high-speed Internet." [quote from: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060828/internet_bill] This power could erode the democracy of the internet.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 21st, 2006, 9:57 am

cnn and you are in the caribe..., well... at least you have information about huracanes!!!!.
I see more or less half an hour cnn each weekend, and it's cnn is spanish. No idea who is that beck, jeff beck or beck maybe.
saludos,

Arcadia

firsty

Post by firsty » August 21st, 2006, 10:51 am

every single channel on any cable or satellite network is owned by a conglomerate network or media outlet. their agendas are common and clear. there is little real news to be found here, other than simple updates about weather, troop deaths and terror attacks.

i hate to sound like a paranoid tin foil hat geek, but it's simply true. i dont know if it was always this way, and, frankly, i dont care.

i always said that journalism is worse than advertising because at least in advertising, the lie is understood. i realized that fact when i was 17.

glenn beck has some good points. i listen to him between decent npr signals on my car radio. he's just fairly ignorant, which makes the forwarding of his agenda even more dangerous. he's also, you know, a recovering alcoholic. which means he's a liar and a hypocrite, most likely.

every day that includes another radio host going to tv, whether it be glenn beck or colin cowherd, is a bad fucking day for america. we used to be able to contain the idiots to the radio, at least.
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

hester prynne

Post by hester prynne » August 24th, 2006, 10:02 pm

Glenn Beck has puzzled the hell out of me too, he's a total dickhead, goofball, snuggles fuzzy geek. Definately an axis in the big evil. An overgrown towhead with a jiggle head mommy figurine in every room.......

It's very alarming.
The fact that others feel a similar uneasiness is comforting.

H 8)
"I'm just a lucky so and so..."

Return to “General Discussion”