Pregnant.

Go ahead. Talk about it.
izeveryboyin

Pregnant.

Post by izeveryboyin » December 21st, 2006, 3:09 pm

Is there any word in the english language I have every found more horrifying and offensive than... "pregnant"? I think not. Which is unfortunate b/c, according to EPT and my doctor, I very much am. Am I really going to be a mother, with another tiny human being to look after? God help me. Or better yet God help this kid. I'm freaked out. I'm nervous. There is a creature growing inside me and all it makes me do is eat, barf and pee. Pregnancy is not fun. Not one little bit. Anyone want to trade bodies w/me until my nine months is up? Anybody want to pacify me by saying "it's okay" "you'll do fine" or some other such bullshit? I hope so. B/c right now I could really use a HUGE dose of bullshit.

--k
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 21st, 2006, 3:30 pm

Bullshit, yes I am full of it. Take care of yourself.

I am scared for you too.

I wish I could think of something more to say.

infriendship
jt

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 21st, 2006, 3:32 pm

pregnant, k?
woh!
well, how are you feeling (other than physically, and there's lots of physicality happening and yet to happen)

It's a time of feeling all alone and yet joined to every pregnant woman you'll ever come across.

It's a time for exercising and reading and making sure that your body isn't going to shred over this event that so many millions (billions) of woman have experienced.

How's your mind? hormonal flashes? sudden fear and terror and awe and joy?

ah, pregnancy.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 21st, 2006, 3:37 pm

oh wow! oh my!

Well, sweet Kayla.... you'll do fine. One of mine came as a surprise, as well. I didn't think I could do it because it was the wrong time in my life. I wasn't ready. I didn't plan it. But now I have a beautiful, delightful, charming, intelligent and creative 13-year-old daughter so I'm very glad I decided I'd do just fine because I did OK and she has brought 13 years of joy to my life and will fill my life with more joy for the rest of my life.

My only mistake was marrying her father when I found out I was pregnant. He was a mistake for my life. She was not. But I'm no longer married to him, so it's all OK.

No, pregnancy isn't easy but after the first tri-mester, the nausea will subside and you'll feel much better.... as a matter of fact, you'll feel full of life and love and you will glow and when your little baby is born, you will be very happy!

Is there a better word for it? Hmmm.... how about the ancient "with child" or "expecting"? You are expecting a brand new life to fill your life with joy... someone who you can take care of and who will look up to you and who you can teach many things... and believe me, your child will teach you wayyyyy more than you knew you could learn!

What an exciting adventure! Let's knit booties & blankies! :)

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » December 21st, 2006, 4:47 pm

you think YOU GUYS are surprised, imagine how I feel. Stupid useless birth control.
Judih, I'm feeling very strange, and completely unsure of myself. This is going to be my first kid and of course I have assured myself of failure but my bf is convincing me slowly but surely that this is not the end of the world, we'll get through this blah blah blah. Pretty much all the kind of bullshit we pregnant (eek!) women love to hear. hormonal flashes? constantly. terror? yes. awe? god yes. joy.... that, I'm working on. When I feel those little flutters that let me know, w/out a doubt there is life in me, growing, I sometimes get a little joyful. I guess it's a girl thing.
ST, thanks for being scared w/me. Everyone else seems to think I should be skipping down the street. That you are taking my side is encouragement enough. *smile*
D, what can I say? here's hoping that in 13 years I'm saying the same thing (except for the marriage part). Also, I would like you to know that there is nothing that would please me more than to sit and knit booties and blankies with you. Maybe I'll write about it years down the line and it'll become a best seller. If you're in, I'm in!!

--k

abstroint

Post by abstroint » December 21st, 2006, 5:06 pm

Wow

I won’t bullshit you. When the doctor told me I felt much the same way. There is no way I can do anything right for this child. I wonder what the hell the universe was thinking putting this alien thing inside me to grow….Thirteen years later and everything is so much better than just ok and he is so much more than I hoped he could be with me as his mother. I was definitely not ready but let my fear inspire me to succeed in at least that one area of my life. I can’t tell you it will be easy. It probably won’t be easy but as I write he’s in the basement playing his drums and I’m smiling. I wouldn’t trade the sound of his heart pounding out onto those drums for anything.

Take care of yourself

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » December 21st, 2006, 5:09 pm

good news, izzy!!!!!!!!!
no advices to say to you ( not experience in having babies!) , but I guess you'll know what to do!!!! (I offer myself to take care of the baby some hours a week when she/he get borned!!).
Here we use pregnant "preñada" for non human animals. For humans we use "embarazada" which can be more psicological and it has relation with the english word embarassment. Also to have a baby "tener a bebe", being on shopping "estar de compras". Yes, most of them are really eliptical expressions!!
besos,

Arcadia

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » December 21st, 2006, 5:09 pm

There comes a time when one must stop bullshitting and start being real. I was just hoping to put it off for a little while longer. Am I the only one here who's never had a kid?

--k

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » December 21st, 2006, 5:16 pm

well finally, arcadia... another non-parent... can I still call myself that now? I think your terms are much more interesting. When he/she gets borned (hopefully he) I'll be sure to ship him/her (hopefully him) right over to ya!

--k

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 22nd, 2006, 11:37 am

All I can think about is money and education.

Does this mean you are done with college for a while?

Not that it counts, being the unwombman that I am, but I never set out not to have children. It has taken me a long time to come to grips with not leaving any hostages to the future. Maybe my only regret.
Kind of a ghostly feeling.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » December 22nd, 2006, 1:36 pm

Congratulations Izzy...congratulations. The fates have decided it's time for Izzy to have a baby...soooooo...

"It's okay." "You'll do fine." :)

This birthin' babies business is way beyond me. I'll just wish you all the best. I think it's pretty exciting news though.

What will be will be Izzy, go with the flow of it all...

but, a word to the wise...no more boozin', no more druggin', while this little youngen calls you home...and I am sooooo serious about that! But I'm sure you already know this, I just want to reinforce it.

Have you been thinking about names...suitable names? If it's a girl Mousey leaps to mind!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. :P

Chin up Izzy, chin up...apparently your mind isn't the only fertile thing about you. :shock:

All the best girl, keep us posted.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 22nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

mousey2

izeverybabe

kid

beloved unit from surprise avenue

(names! names keep poppin in. But there's time. our kids tended to name themselves on birth)

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » December 23rd, 2006, 3:52 pm

When I found out I was pregnant with Eric (he turns 16 this month) I was also terrified. I was 36 years old, a happy little D.I.N.K (double income, no kids) who had never wanted kids and neither did Cal; plus we’d been together for 9 years before the “happy news” arrived.

So … having a baby at that time in my life … I knew, we knew, our lives as we knew it was going to be over in 9 months, so we began enjoying ourselves to the hilt. We knew from watching the lives of our friends that as soon as that little one appears in your life, your life is no longer about you, and your wants, and stays that way until the critters get out on their own and even then you're still involved; and I was prepared to accept all that.

Still - I liked our life back then, I gave up a lot; we gave up a lot; Cal & I both did. As it turns out, one of the smartest things I did in preparing myself was something that seemed silly at the time – set up the tripod and took pictures our ourselves, document our together B.C. (before child). As life turns out – Eric loves looking at those pictures of us “back then.” He loves laughing at our hairstyles and clothes, our technology … and I’ve found we love laughing over it all, at ourselves, with him.

That’s what I wasn't prepared for – how much fun, how much joy there is having a kid around. All stages of their life, our lives together ... how much fun and joy there is in it all.

There is a lot of work ahead of you; and that first year – oh my gawd, it’s a killer – but it does indeed pass and get better. That first year you're doing the most work with the least amount of sleep and between the diapers and the feedings and lack of having your own life, even then these fun little things begin to start popping out that are uniquely your child’s and they just grow and grow.

For Eric, his first few months ... he'd do this incredible little sighs when he was content ... AHHHaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Change his diaper ~ AHHHaaaaaaaaahhhhh
Lay him down to nap after feedings ~ AHHHaaaaaaaaahhhhh

It was so precious, so precious - along with his little fingers and toes; and all just for us! It made it all worth while; these tiny little things; “Eric sighs” as we called them and that was just the beginning; other little “Eric things” began coming out with each stage of his growth – all of them gifts to us; so uniquely him, so special.

Like I said, I loved my life back then (B.C), but nothing prepared me for how much I’d love my life now – W.C. (With Child). What a pleasure. And now, I’m getting my third surprise; as my son ages into his own life and beginning – I’m getting I’m getting new beginnings as well … and it’s sad; not empty nest feelings; it’s … great! Again, I didn’t expect things to go this way, feel this, but it has and I do.

It’s great – all the way through; being a parent has powerfully joyful moments and I've found they sustain you through the challenging times.

It’s a scary time, labour hurts like hell, and you're life as you know it now will never be that same again – none the less ~ it’s all so worth it. There are joys ahead of you you’ve yet to experience that only having a child can bring to you.

Congratulations!
And ~ You’ll do fine. (really! you will!)

ps: I don't know if you know this about us or not but Cal's Chinese (american born) and I'm white; so we have an interracial marriage and child as well. And yes, we've had to face down crap as well. It's made our relationship stronger.

When it came to Eric, and now that he's older we can talk about it, I was concerned about what it would mean to him growing up interracial, but it's not been a problem. Living in Northern California is large part of the reason for this ... there are numbers of other interracial kids around; many attending school(s) with him.

Now, I'm sure living someplace else like Texas or in the South ... that's going to make a difference. Location really does matter, but it's not everything. Your love and support of/with each other is everything. More than location and all the rest.

You have a unique set of challenges ahead of you with your child Izzy ~ but I truly feel you’ll be just fine with it all. You’re bright and aware and not afraid to face things and loving, those are all the tools you’ll ever need.

Return to “General Discussion”