Damn Doctors

Go ahead. Talk about it.
izeveryboyin

Damn Doctors

Post by izeveryboyin » April 4th, 2007, 11:03 am

I remember very well the day I went in for an ultrasound and the tech said he was about 90% sure I was having a boy. Can't get much more sure than that, right? That's sure as hell what I thought. I go in yesterday to see a new ultrasound tech and he tells me it looks to him like a girl, but he can't be sure. So now, after weeks of calling this baby a he, now I alternate between he and she, which, considering he/she can hear now is probably very upsetting and confusing for the baby and he/she's going to need counseling at the age of 2 weeks. I was all set on having a boy... boys are fun. Girls are prissy and delicate and want to play with Barbies. *blows rasberry* Here's hoping my next ultrasound will give me clearer results b/c it's getting down to the wire and we want to pick a name... and buy cutesy wutesy baby clothes that aren't yellow. (that last comment further supports my negative view of girls as dainty, mushy, delicate creatures) Everyone root for this new ultrasound guy to be wrong b/c I'm so not going to look at a bright pink room everyday for the next 9 or 10 years.

END.
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 4th, 2007, 11:20 am

I am so happy to have been born a son, we get off so easy compared to daughters.

Whatever my mother put me through it wasn't nothing compared to what my sister caught..

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 4th, 2007, 12:56 pm

boys girls. They're all good.
first time i was pregnant, there was no routine ultrasound. i didn't know the sex. The midwife said that according to the power emanating from my belly it might be a boy.
Then Iris was born, smiling and lovely.
No barbies - just trucks. She loved those mini-trucks, cars, for ages. Her voice was low and musical. She spent her youth nursing, building architectural marvels from the leftover wood pieces from the carpenter next door.
Then came 2 boys - each wild, climbing impossibly high ladders from the second they could stand up.
Then came another girl. No barbies. Not one barbie player amongst them. Nope.

Do not worry, dear K. Your kid will be great.
If you get an amnio, you can find out the sex for sure, but does it really matter?

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » April 4th, 2007, 5:22 pm

when my daughter was born it was an amazement to me

I was the first son in a family of four boys

my father was the first son in a family of three boys

there were no girls anywhere

so I assumed our child would be a boy

I was snoozing in the waiting room when the news came

the nurse shook me and said, "Mr. January, you have a daughter."

I walked to the double doors and the doctor was there in his scrubs

He said, "you have a daughter."

I said, "are you sure it's a daughter?" I was incredulous.

he said, "I've been doing this for 25 years, I think I can tell the difference by now."

never mind,
no matter if it's a boy or a girl
either one will drive you crazy
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

joel

Post by joel » April 4th, 2007, 5:32 pm

I write the members of my friends and family and we have great adventures together. I know them all perfectly and all their details--and those things that I don't know that I don't know, I make up as necessary. Sometimes it's on paper and sometimes in those thoughts that come more easily than sleep, but I love those adventures with my loved ones. But when the notebooks close or I finaly succumb to slumber, they're gone again. The doctors of medicine tell me I'll never conceive kids on my own. The doctors of the church say that as I am single, when I fall down into a pit, I won't be able to pull myself out of it. I know the doctors are correct, but I hope they're wrong.
"Every genuinely religious person is a heretic, and therefore a revolutionary" -- GBShaw

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 4th, 2007, 7:11 pm

the baby will be ok!!! (sure the pink-light blue thing is not her/his problem at this moment...!!!).
I imagine that to raise a daughter could be more difficult than to raise a son for some women. I imagine that as a result of observation and my own experience as a daughter.... But you are you!!!
a yellow room?
besos,

e_dog

Post by e_dog » April 4th, 2007, 7:55 pm

boys are fun. Girls are prissy and delicate and want to play with Barbies.
Issy,

If you have a girl, you can always raise her as a boy. Gender bending is tres chic these days.

Joel:
The doctors of medicine tell me I'll never conceive kids on my own. The doctors of the church say that as I am single, when I fall down into a pit, I won't be able to pull myself out of it. I know the doctors are correct, but I hope they're wrong.
The church fathers lie. The pit is only dug by one's spouse. Single man does not fall into pit, but walks above and across it, as if the air were made of stone. The Buddha left his wife and kids 'cause they was bringin' him down. Steppin' on his buddhanature and all that shit. Be Free. Swinging like the character from Pitfall.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » April 5th, 2007, 11:18 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys. The only thing is that my family is full of girls, just full of them. Up until recently I only had 2 male cousins out of 13 and I still have only one uncle on my mother's side. My mother was the 5th child of 6 kids. Besides that, I know how much shit I gave my mom once I got to my tween and teen years, and I gotta say that if my mother cursed she'd tell you raising a daughter is a bitch. Unfortunately it looks like my mom and I will have a lot more in common than I'd hoped. Not only am I probably having a girl, but now the baby's father is questioning his part in her creation. It figures. The good thing is that they prepare all black girls for this in high school. They give an elective course called "How to Deal With Baby Daddies" that you can take in lieu of shop or home ec. Haha... except I guess that's not really funny.

--k

p.s Joel, you can borrow my kid any time. The church knows nothing of what you've been through and experienced. They have no idea who or what has affected you in your lifetime, therefore they have no authority to dictate whose fault it is if you fall into a pit. Catholic priests and nuns can't even have spouses. Or take e-dog's buddha reference. Tell those over-dressed so and so's to shove it.
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 14th, 2007, 7:18 pm

"thank heaven for little girls
they grow up..."
A broadway musical from a long time ago

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » April 23rd, 2007, 5:52 am

Iz, this message is really late notice but I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.
I was called Emily for 9 months and a half.
Then I was born, and faced with a serious practical problem, my parents had to resolve themselves to switching my name to Jeremy Olivier John, instead of Emily Claire wotsit.
Now a lot of my friends say I'm weird, but it's got nothing to do with wearing bras & garters or singing the Lumberjack Song suspiciously often.
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 23rd, 2007, 6:52 am

yay! Traveller. You're here. Now what's the lumberjack song?
Have you been dwelling amongst timber?

K - what's going on with you? How's the belly?

Traveller13

Post by Traveller13 » April 24th, 2007, 5:01 am

Hi Judih
!!!!!

I've been lurking.
A quick pop out of the woods to see how the people I enjoy on this board were doing, here and then.
Bands. Studies. Watching liberalism taking over. Looking for ways to focus on the now and not trail off after 3 minutes.
If all goes well I'll be moving to the UK for at least the next 3 years.

Osnei Haman looks delicious by the way, I'll try and make some and experiment with different fillings (I'm in a dessert-making phase too).

The lumberjack song is a Monty Python classic. Michael Palin's the lead singer, the others are behind him singing chorus, being all jolly and making a point of it.
There's someone playing his girlfriend, I think it's Carol Cleveland, who's next to him and keeps smiling and eyelashing at the camera.
The others gradually become indignant as the lead singer starts going off track, and his girlfriend cries and breaks up with him in the end.

Here are the lyrics:

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK
I sleep all night and I work all day.

Chorus:
He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch
He goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.

Mounties:
He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars?!

Chorus:

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspenders and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!!

Mounties:
I cut down trees, I wear high heels?!
Suspenders...and a bra?!...

Just the Lumberjack:
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!!
[i]~"Open your eyes, and open your eyes again"[/i]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » April 24th, 2007, 5:59 am

many thanks, dear jeremy.

will get back to you!
so good to hear you're alive and monty python-ing

j

Return to “General Discussion”