Politics and the Military

What in the world is going on?
Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » September 15th, 2004, 3:24 pm

LR:

(Karen Kwiatowski's column)

Not only is she a Lieutenant Colonel ( ret.) and can write fine prose, but she's even rather good-looking. What's an old converted white male chauvinist to do?

Read her and learn, of course.

(link)

http://militaryweek.com/kk090904.shtml

--Z

mnaz

Post by mnaz » September 15th, 2004, 4:16 pm

Thanks, Z'ko.

I'm familiar with Lt. Col. Kwiatkowski from her article "The Lie Factory...", from last winter, which describes how the Pentagon's neocon-installed Office of Special Planning took Iraq intel. which was weak or inconclusive at best and twisted, spliced, and falsified it into a series of well-rehearsed, ominous "talking points" for Pres. Bush and Sec. Powell to use in presenting their case for first-strike war, based on Iraq's purported "grave threat". It is an eye-opening article.... quite disgusting, IMO. I just get a sense that there is no level of deception or fraud that the current Administration won't stoop to in regard to pushing their agenda, at the expense of the American people.

Oh, and yes, I agree that this Presidential campaign is a joke; maybe the worst one ever. I still think many or most of Kerry's jabs with regard to Vietnam "service" are in self-defense against
attacks coming from the Bush camp. It's just been ugly. But as much as people keep saying "there is no difference" between these candidates, remember that Bush is the one who sent our troops to war under false, or at least extremely questionable pretenses, and he should be held accountable for this. If you have a vote, use it wisely.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”