Quagmires

What in the world is going on?
hester_prynne

Quagmires

Post by hester_prynne » September 12th, 2007, 8:52 pm

This is one hell of a long movie to be in, this damn war, the abyss of bush and his cronies and phonies, all the talk talk talk, bla bla bla.
This of course, when you are not out busting your ass to keep your little place secure???, in this society. Freedom is having a little space of your own. That's it.

I didn't know my mind could get this boggled. It is truly a quagmire here, yet they worry about one in Iraq if we leave there. Go figure.
Why can't someone do something? How long must we witness this freaking folly! I mean the jerk called australia austria?
:roll:
H 8)
"I am a victim of society, and, an entertainer"........DW

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » September 13th, 2007, 9:49 am

Dear Hester:

On the day of the first dysfunctional election ( Nov. 7th, 2000), when Al Gore won by over one hundred thousand votes, I had a heart attack. I survived and recovered, but the country didn't.

The so-called, dysfunctional "electorate" put George and his thugs in for a second romp, and we have the bloody murder, crime and corruption that typifies our current Washington administration. Bush said, "As far as I'm concerned, the election took care of any disapproval of me." ( NYT Dec. 2004)

The 2006 election gave people a brief glimmer of hope that representative government was being revived, but no soap. The Dems remain passive.

Should Hillary become president, or Obama or Edwards, the war in Iraq ( and by then war with Iran?) will continue, most likely. Petraeus and his bunch seem to think it will take another ten years. Many good folks I know say something will "give" before then. Who knows? The "mortgage meltdown" has many Americans concerned.

There are still a few good people in government. Many of the activist organizations, like Jimbo's Veterans for Peace, Code Pink-- even MoveOn with their Petraeus ad in the NYT, and of course, Ralph Nader and Dennis Kucinich.

Gore's film is a fine piece of work, and many fairly recognizable folks are telling the truth, particularly down here in Holly-Weird.

But, as you say, it's not enough. And the words and even deeds of good artists and good citizens don't turn the heads of THE ONES WITH GUNS (Bush supporters and minions).

I'm with you, sister.

--Z

e_dog

Post by e_dog » September 22nd, 2007, 4:43 pm

you really had a heart attack on election day? damn. Hope you are doing better.

PEACE.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”