A DIFFERENT VIEWING ANGLE

What in the world is going on?
Zlatko Waterman

A DIFFERENT VIEWING ANGLE

Post by Zlatko Waterman » January 7th, 2008, 12:33 pm

Like some of the commentators on this article ( I know the geographical areas referred to in this article rather well), I must agree that the price of real estate often makes Thoreau-like musings irrelevant. This is a thoughtful piece of work, however. The similarity of my own background to this writer's ( though I wouldn't go near the cesspool of college "administration" . . .) makes the content even more interesting . . .

( from COMMON DREAMS)

(article)

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/01/06/6203/

--Z

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 7th, 2008, 1:13 pm

beautiful article!!!. good to know that they are more people than the Mondavis in northern california :wink: It´s a kind of relief to know this kind of stories about the virtual north from the virtual south!!!!!!! Beautiful name also kokopelli. Curious, yesterday I was separating old cds in order to regalarlos (I don´t have where to listen to them now at home and I want to replace some of them in cd format) and I was listening to Carlos Nakai among others!.
thanks for sharing it!!!!

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » January 8th, 2008, 10:02 am

Gracias para su comentario, Arcadia . . .de nada . . .

--Z

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » January 15th, 2008, 1:25 pm

I read Maxine Kingston's Fifth Book of Peace, and yes I found that her encompassing ability to be both anti-war and work with veterans as writing-healing a welcome note.

I have that book in my library.

I find that my own tilling of the land is here, within, and in my normal routines, at work dealing with conflict, and at home, cultivating a space for safety and welcome.

ain't got to go nowheres. but I can feel his excitement about new community and evolving sustaiinable lifestyle.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”